Stranger Things (Netflix) - Part 1

I love that they realized what a hit Steve and Dustin were last season.

I do hope the Upsidedown is tangential this year though. That dude with the silenced gun gives me Cold War asssaasin vibes.

We accessed the Upsidedown because of the Cold War, I'm willing to bet Russia did the same. Or at least found out via spies, and now whatever is happening is their fault.

We accessed the Upside down because of the Cold War, I'm willing to bet Russia did the same. Or at least found out via spies, and now whatever is happening is their fault.
This is what I hope is the main thrust this season. Keep the evil in the other dimension as more a background thing.

I think bringing in the Soviet opposite numbers of Eleven and her bretheren is the way to go.

This is what I hope is the main thrust this season. Keep the evil in the other dimension as more a background thing.

I think bringing in the Soviet opposite numbers of Eleven and her bretheren is the way to go.

I don't know, I prefer it stays close to the surface. It's undoubtedly one of ST's biggest plot points.

Last edited:
I don't know, I prefer it stays close to the surface. I'm taking undoubtedly one of ST's biggest plot points.
For me while I understand that and I'm not asking for it to be eliminated totally... It has been two solid seasons of it. There is more to be explored. The experiments on the kids by Modine and crew and the Cold War setting which made that possibke etc. brings in other elements that we haven't seen explored. I for sure think the evil in the Upside Down needs to be in season four but it won't hurt to give it a rest for a season if for nothing else than variety.

Seeing that trailer, it feels like I'm coming home...:D
And also like I skipped a few years! Those kids are growing up way fast. though I liked season two, I do hope it is more like season one with suspense and Upsidedown stuff. Also, I really hope there is more of a connection between Eleven and Joyce. One of the things I really liked about the ending of season one was Joyce being there for her when she had to go back to the Upsidedown.

So looking forward to this!

With Hopper being El's guardian and Hopper and Joyce seeming to get closer I think we will be seeing quite a bit of Joyce and El.

Which brings up some issues with Mike and Will possibly. Will might end up having more time together with El than Mike.

Wait I thought this was going to be the last season?

I loved that trailer! Can’t wait to see more. They waited so long that the kids have totally grown up lol, but I’ll still be happy to see them in as many seasons as they want to do. Great group.

I loved that trailer! Can’t wait to see more. They waited so long that the kids have totally grown up lol, but I’ll still be happy to see them in as many seasons as they want to do. Great group.

I think that will add to this saga nice the last episode of the series is released. We will have seen our main protagonists grow to young adulthood discovering who they are along the way. A perfect example is my main man Steve Harrington. With only two seasons' worth of growth he is assuredly NOT the person who we thought he was when we first met him. I think the kids now that they are getting older will too be the subject of change.

I think that will add to this saga nice the last episode of the series is released. We will have seen our main protagonists grow to young adulthood discovering who they are along the way. A perfect example is my main man Steve Harrington. With only two seasons' worth of growth he is assuredly NOT the person who we thought he was when we first met him. I think the kids now that they are getting older will too be the subject of change.
I like seeing that journey with the real life actors growing up, like Harry Potter. This season has the opportunity for all kinds of development from the kids. Also I love what they’ve done with Steve since the beginning of the show.

Hopper looking like he stepped out of Miami Vice with his wardrobe update.

Why does this look like it's from Eleven's trap album?

tumblr_pooiz8LSWQ1qil0zdo2_400.gif

always loved the songs they used for the trailers and the version of Baba O'Reily they used for this was good not as good as the Thriller one used in season 2 but dang close

Kellogg should probably cut the Duffer brothers a check for all the free Eggo advertisement they have given them :funny:

Must stay strong and not watch the trailer...
But I am very much looking forward to this. ST is my favorite show on TV.
Three things I'm hoping for:
-Although I'm hoping to see Dustin/Steve and Hopper/El I'm hoping they continue to play with character pairings. Nancy/El, Jonathan/Mike, Steve/Hopper. They have a really strong cast and I think they can put any 2 of the main characters in a scene and it'll work. Not every show can do that.
-I also hope Jonathan has something to do. He was really sidelined in season 2 and kinda just seemed like a tagalong in Nancy's story.
-Not for just this season, but I hope we never get a full explanation of the Upside Down and the Mind Flayer. I just think it's unnecessary

I also have a sneaking feeling that season 3 will have a darker ending. I don't necessarily mean a character death of the main cast, but idk just ending on more of a downer note. I just feel like the Duffer's might think it's time for one since the first 2 ended on mostly positive notes
Wait I thought this was going to be the last season?
I believe the Duffers have said it's plotted to season 4.
i think I heard them say season 5 now.
But I hope it's not further than that. 5, hopefully good, seasons and I'm good with that

Last edited:
I'd want the Duffers to do as many seasons as they need to tell their story, but few serialized shows can maintain a level of quality past 5 seasons. 5 to 6 is usually the max.

Damn, McFarlane's getting in there quick...

Netflix knows that ancillary product is big business. I can see them having people from the varying licensees on set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"