• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waller knows Bruce's secret... The Joker is in SS too, the number one Bat villain. Coincidence?

It will have been two years in story since Zod's broadcast and attack. Plenty of time to have the Golden Age of Heroes vs. Villains starting up. If anything, the formation of the Squad lines up nicely with the idea that people ARE looking for some modicum of control over these super humans running around now.

True.

And on another note, I just can't see Waller being desperate enough to have Joker in the group. I don't think anyone in the DCU would be crazy enough to have Joker in one of their groups. That'd be equivalent to opening up pandora's box.

Joker's not going to be in the Squad.

I agree. He just doesn't fit there.

Unless their intention is to make him betray them all and chase his own agenda, but we could all see that one coming. It'd be too obvious.

Like IGN Movies editor Jim Vejvoda, my interest in this thing just skyrocketed thanks to the casting, although I personally would've cast somebody who is more of a 'name' as such a pivotal character like Harley Quinn, especially given the fact that her 'main squeeze' Mister J is being played by an Oscar winner in one Jared Leto.

Not necessarily.

They can change things up for films, true, but I've always liked that about Amanda. She's not even afraid of Batman. So I think it would be interesting to see that carry over, just as it did from comics to cartoons.

By the way, this franchise is as good a place as any to introduce a new Catwoman. I'm betting that'll be one of the hot topics for the sequel.

What if... Joker is after Waller and the Squad is being used to defend her?

By the way, this franchise is as good a place as any to introduce a new Catwoman. I'm betting that'll be one of the hot topics for the sequel.

I've always felt that Selina should pull a tour of duty with The Squad.

I could see Joker and/or Lex being the targets/antagonists.

Maybe they could play up their first meeting in the marketing, mirroring BvS.

batman-v-superman-affleck-cavill.jpg
joker_luthor_full.jpg

Last edited:
I've always felt that Selina should pull a tour of duty with The Squad.

She should, yup. Maybe they can get some of the Chuck Dixon run from the 90s in there.

A while back some people were asking why this movie was even being made. The casting changed everything :p

A while back some people were asking why this movie was even being made. The casting changed everything :p

Oh, I've seen plenty of hate on the casting already. One of my "favorites", from "Variety":

"Jesus look-a-like as Joker?"

:wall:

Notice alot of new folks in this thread and forum all of a sudden. Some awkward negative talk regarding this excellent ensemble of a cast that just seems irrational.

Weird indeed....

This film is shaping up better than Dawn of Justice etc. Very interesting cast and David Ayer is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"