Super Buu VS Superman (Who Wins In A Fight)!

Anubis said:
super saiyan x said:
The Fact remains is that Superman was created in the 1930's by two Jews from New York, and Goku was created by a Japanese guy in 1980. Superman is a pop culture Icon. You ask anybody, on the street, go out there and 100 people, right now, I bet you more of em know who Superman is than Goku. Now, I don't know if your serious, I think your purposly acting clueless because it's funny. (And it is by the way. Takes a lot to get me to rant.) But for the sake of arguement, lets say that you really don't know what your talking about, please, trust me on this, Superman has been around for more than 50 years before Goku was even a glimer in his creators eye.

Superman was created by two teenagers, boyhood friends, Cleveland-born Jerry Siegel and Canadian-born, Joe Shuster. Siegel first used the name in 1933 for a science fiction story, "The Reign of Superman," illustrated by Joe Shuster. Inspired by Nietzsche, this first creation was an evil mastermind with advanced mental powers. After the rise of Nazis that same year, Hitler projected a different, darker and distorted view of Nietzsche's Superman, causing Siegel and Shuster to recreate their character, to be a force for good. It was a long four years before they found a publisher willing to accept their idea. While waiting, they had begun producing work for Detective Comics, Inc., the predecessor of DC Comics. It was early in 1938 that Siegel and Shuster sold the rights to Superman to DC for a reported $130, along with a contract to supply material to the publisher. A repasting of newspaper strip samples, Superman appeared for the first time in the first issue of Action Comics.

Thus proving that supes is half-canadian lol.
icon12.gif

super saiyan x said:
Anubis said:
Superman was created by two teenagers, boyhood friends, Cleveland-born Jerry Siegel and Canadian-born, Joe Shuster. Siegel first used the name in 1933 for a science fiction story, "The Reign of Superman," illustrated by Joe Shuster. Inspired by Nietzsche, this first creation was an evil mastermind with advanced mental powers. After the rise of Nazis that same year, Hitler projected a different, darker and distorted view of Nietzsche's Superman, causing Siegel and Shuster to recreate their character, to be a force for good. It was a long four years before they found a publisher willing to accept their idea. While waiting, they had begun producing work for Detective Comics, Inc., the predecessor of DC Comics. It was early in 1938 that Siegel and Shuster sold the rights to Superman to DC for a reported $130, along with a contract to supply material to the publisher. A repasting of newspaper strip samples, Superman appeared for the first time in the first issue of Action Comics.

Thus proving that supes is half-canadian lol.
icon12.gif
Stan Lee was Jewish but Spider-Man, the X-Men and 3/4 of the FF are not, so whats you're point

Nothing...just clearing out a few misconceptions. You can carry along now.

super saiyan x said:
Nothing...just clearing out a few misconceptions. You can carry along now.
what misconceptions...every knew Shuster was from Canada...thats pointless information.

super saiyan x said:
Exactly, Shuster was from Canada...you answered my question.
Okay but that does not make Superman half canadian. It just makes one of his creators Canadian. Just like it does not make Spider-Man (a protestant) have Jewish since Stan Lee was and Ditko was not. Superman is Kyptonian, and then an American and also Kansasian (?)...not Canadian

super saiyan x said:
Do you have any clue whether Shuster followed the jewish faith?
they both did...Superman was based on several jewish doctrines in addition to other things

ShadowBoxing said:
Okay but that does not make Superman half canadian. It just makes one of his creators Canadian. Just like it does not make Spider-Man (a protestant) have Jewish since Stan Lee was and Ditko was not. Superman is Kyptonian, and then an American (?) and also Kansasian (?)...not Canadian

Lmao...but that doesn't make Goku Japenese even though his creator was.

ShadowBoxing said:
super saiyan x said:
Stan Lee was Jewish but Spider-Man, the X-Men and 3/4 of the FF are not, so whats you're point

I think he still qualifies as Jewish for two reasons.

1. He's not dead.
2. He hasn't changed his ethnicity, nor religion.

gasp* okay im back................
ummmmmmmmm this is really of topic guys...i mean come on

saiyan jedi said:
gasp* okay im back................
ummmmmmmmm this is really of topic guys...i mean come on

does anyone really care about the topic...we voted for Superman because we hate DBZ

You cared enough to vote?

In fact you HATE (such a strong emotion) dragonball so you voted against a character from it purely for that fact. Plus you've posted in this thread twenty times now.
Theres plenty of characters I dislike , but I try not to let that get in the way of logical thinking. Only the fanboy does that

And just, why are ppl discussing, wheather Goku is "older" than supes or not? What is the point of this?

ShadowBoxing said:
Superman has a TV Show, at least 3 title comics that are top sellers (and have been around since before yer momma met yer daddy), a hit TV show, a cartoon (JLU) of which he is a lead, a rumor of another cartoon, a spinoff cartoon (Krypto). A huge big budget movie coming out, oh and a town named in his honor, a statue of him in several places, the word super-hero comes from him...and is basically the template for the modern hero

Goku has a show that has since become annoying and unpopular, a failed movie attempt...a the love of a man named JPlaya2023...so yeah Goku has hit rock bottom
That's nice but I don't care about this information you've divulged. Direct it towards someone who does care.

gregtestagent said:
That's nice but I don't care about this information you've divulged. Direct it towards someone who does care.
okay, but it was directed to someone else:confused:

Guyverjay said:
You cared enough to vote?

In fact you HATE (such a strong emotion) dragonball so you voted against a character from it purely for that fact. Plus you've posted in this thread twenty times now.
Theres plenty of characters I dislike , but I try not to let that get in the way of logical thinking. Only the fanboy does that

ether and truth in the same post

*5 stars*

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"