Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - - - Part 12

Discussion in 'Past DC TV Series' started by Thread Manager, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

All I ask is that he's bald for real. No bald cap.

2. herolee10 No More Miracles

Right now, my biggest concerns are that not only will Superman be absent while Lex is causing trouble but that they will have Kara defeat him on her own with ease and that everyone will be telling Kara that she is a better hero than Superman for doing so and how Superman could never do what she does.

#677 herolee10, Oct 18, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  3. Scarlet Spider Registered

4. Sawyer High King

Good lord, folks. We're three seasons deep with Lena, their mother has been around for a good deal of that time, his henchmen are now in play, AND we're seeing both Clark and Lois this season. What about Lex made y'all think he should somehow be considered off-limits?

If this season is about xenophobia and alien resentment, I can't imagine a better time for Lex to rear his ugly head.

haephestus, flickchick85 and Sithborg like this.
  5. herolee10 No More Miracles

Well for one thing, Lex is in prison.

Another thing, I thought that the producers would have enough respect for Superman to not feed Kara his greatest villain. She has enough villains that she has of her own or was taken from Superman's gallery.

6. misslane38 Registered

I don't have a problem with the logic of it. I have a problem with how cluttered this makes the season and the fact that it feels the show is drifting further and further away from something centered on Kara. It feels enriched more by Superman and Lena than it does by her. Even Lena's relationship with her mother is more well-developed than Kara's.

7. Frodo Registered

Yeah. I pretty much figured Lex was gonna appear eventually once Lena Luthor was added to the show, so its really not that surprising.

I'm excited about it .

8. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Ok, I’m trying not to get invested in the rumor due to its source, but the timing of this (+ Lois) makes me think they really could be gearing up for a Supes show considering his cinematic fate for the moment has just reportedly been put on ice for the immediate future.

9. herolee10 No More Miracles

I guess it would also depend on who they get for Lex though.

If they were trying to create a backdoor pilot for Superman's show, then a great setup (imho) would be Lex escaping from Prison and going on the run at the end of his tenure on Supergirl, thus Superman's show starting off with him trying to locate and apprehend Lex again.

10. BH/HHH You Are My World

It really does feel like they're getting the ducks in a row for a Superman TV series

11. flickchick85 Admin of Might

While ideally for me, a hypothetical show starring THIS Superman would be a prequel (since he's already been around for 15 years and we've missed so much of his story), this also sounds just fine to me.

12. Brierrose Registered

This could be as simple as Supergirl going to see Lex in prison asking for information on Mercy Graves, like she did with Lillian. Remember when the teased Zod and it was Superman hallucinating because of silver Kryptonite. They knew this tease would create a frenzy and it has.

13. flickchick85 Admin of Might

If anybody's visiting Lex in prison, I think it ought to be Lena. There's some good dramatic material to mine there, imo.

14. Brierrose Registered

Yep, could just as well be Lena. I just don't think they are going to add an escaped Lex on top of Sons on Liberty and the Red Daughter

15. Milk Tray Guy 70s Man of Action

I like this idea.

16. herolee10 No More Miracles

Well apparently screenrant contacted WBTV and was informed that the whole rumor about a Superman TV Series is just that, a rumor, and there are no superman series in development.

So I guess we are back to square one.

17. flickchick85 Admin of Might

I mean, that's probably the case, BUT that's not what the Screenrant update I read said:
    These are two separate events. They reached out for comment from WB and give no indication of having received a response. They ALSO verified that Fandomwire has had false "scoops" in the past, which anyone can do if they do a little digging on Google. Those two things are not related, nothing about their wording suggests this verification came from the WB, therefore WB has not yet debunked this.

18. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

The red capes are coming! The red capes are coming!

BH/HHH likes this.
  19. fan4stic Registered

Said it in another thread and I'll say it here:

Daniel Gillies for Lex:
    [​IMG]
    Or I'll accept Michael Rosenbaum:
    [​IMG]

#694 fan4stic, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  20. Frodo Registered

I'd be totally down for a Superman series.

21. SSAV Registered

I would like Superman to be there for Supergirl in the movie if there is a movie for her. It would be nice to see some cousin dynamics and interactions with other established heroes.

22. Dr. From parts unknown

I can believe that CW/WB have at least discussed a hypothetical Superman spinoff (especially if the movie division has loosened its grip on the character).

But the logistics for an imminent announcement don’t seem to line up. E.g, Tulloch is expecting and Hoechiln has signed on to a new Netflix series.

Also… I find these crossovers tend to be overcrowded with characters. And there’s a tricky balancing act in terms of making sure that each show’s heroes (and their sidekicks) have their moment in the spotlight, are given something relevant to do. So it seems odd (unfair?) that such a hectic venue would be chosen as an “audition”/backdoor pilot for a Superman and Lois series. Plus which, Batwoman is being introduced. That’s a lot of stuff going on. :shrug:

23. zenith16 Registered

the producer's said Lex isn't apart of the "Else world cross over." Details are below after my answering to flick chick

well in the mean time Dc entertainment twitters has this on their page mentioning super girl

[​IMG]

DC‏Verified account @DCComics 20h20 hours ago
    The world of @TheCWSupergirl continues to grow thanks to the upcoming debut of Lex Luthor! Head here for more on the iconic villain's Season 4 appearance: #DCTV

[​IMG]

source: Breaking News: Lex Luthor Will Appear on Supergirl

#698 zenith16, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  24. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Well Netflix is only usually 13 episodes. Sometimes fewer. I'm sure Hoechlin would jump at the chance to play Superman.

They might not have anything ready right now anyway, so by the time they do, Tulloch would've given birth.

At this point, Lex would be just a guest role.

If we hear news of Perry White being cast, along with Martha Kent, then we'll really have to start to wonder if there's a Superman show in the works.

Who should they cast in these two roles?

I don't know if they'd shave the actor's head for just a guest role. If it were an ongoing series, then I could see that. But if he's just only making an appearance every now and then, it seems more likely they'll go for a bald cap.

Unless they managed to find someone who is already bald. Or they gave him hair like John Shea and Jesse Eisenberg.

25. zenith16 Registered

the producers also said lex isn't part of the cross over too it's above ya inthe very bottom of my post.