Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - - - Part 12

Discussion in 'Past DC TV Series' started by Thread Manager, Mar 9, 2018.

1. flickchick85 Admin of Might

They apparently started shooting the Supergirl episode of the crossover today.

2. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Yeah and looks like its the usual crew unfortunately. Oliver/Felicity/Diggle (who may be Green Lantern?)/Cisco/Caitlin/Barry/Kara

3. LL2K2 Maid of Might

And of course, Sunday Night Football, which starts at 8:30 p.m. Eastern. Especially if it's a huge match-up like this week's is supposed to be - my New England Patriots hosting the red-hot Kansas City Chiefs.

Oh, yeah - and Game 2 of the ALCS. Which will also feature a local team, the Boston Red Sox, hosting the defending World Series champion Houston Astros.

4. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Yeah I think we should be prepared for the worst, ratings-wise this season. This move is gonna hurt it.

5. Hunter Rider Ronin

Good stuff, Agent Liberty has promise and it's good to see Rhona Mitra, and is it me or has Supergirl frozen the front of that train to stop it crashing off the destroyed bridge? :D

Why unfrotunately? These are the main characters, they were obviously going to be the center of the story along with Batwoman.

6. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Because I am tired of Felicity/Caitlin/Cisco always being part of the crossovers while all the other supporting characters on the shows get nothing exciting to do. Oliver/Barry/Kara of course will be there but I want to see different pairings when it comes to crossovers and characters outside of the Big 3.

7. Hunter Rider Ronin

You mean Laurel? because outside of her there's none of the main support not getting time from each show in these Crossovers.

8. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Laurel, Wally, Thea, Dinah, Rene, Iris, J'onn , Alex (any Legend who isnt Sara). Iris/Alex had something significant to do for the first time in last years crossover which was refreshing.

9. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Haven't seen any evidence of anyone from Kara's supporting cast playing a part in this crossover. But I guess maybe their spots are being filled by Superman and Lois. I'd like to see Lena interact with the other brainy characters at some point, personally. Winn, Cisco, Felicity and even Brainiac 5, who hasn't even technically met the others yet, are all so similar their dynamics are of little interest to me at this point. I agree in wanting to mix them up a little. Like, Alex was a refreshing addition in Crisis on Earth-X, imo. Hell, even JIMMY would be a nice change to the dynamics at this point, and y'all know it takes a lot for me to say that, lol.

10. Hunter Rider Ronin

These are special events, Felicity/Digg, Alex/J'onn and Cisco/Cailtin/Iris are the ones that should be key players alongside the central heroes IMO, the rest are third string hitters, they get their time in the individual shows.

11. flickchick85 Admin of Might

If they're coming to Earth-38 I kinda wish they left their supporting crews behind so we could see the main players interact with SG's cast for once. 3rd string Flash characters got to be in on the other crossovers, and hell, even the full supporting Arrow cast would show up in at least one of the crossover episodes, and those guys are pure dead weight, imo.

12. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

See I think the opposite lol. The fun thing about team ups is seeing the different personalities interact. Those characters that appear in the crossover already get the most screentime in their actual shows and Felicity/Diggle are usually the ones who crossover to The Flash on a yearly basis outside of the big event.

The supporting cast of Arrow is dead weight because they are just there to fill a spot in the team and never given anything real useful which is the problem.

2kt09 likes this.
  13. flickchick85 Admin of Might

I mean, I see them as dead weight on Arrow too, lol. They were a terrible addition to that show, imo, and the less they feature, the better, as far as I'm concerned. Curtis and Dinah especially. The only side-character from Arrow I'd be interested in seeing interact with the Supergirl crew is Black Siren.

Primal Slayer likes this.
  14. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

lol yeah because just like with the crossovers, they dont get anything useful to do on their own shows lol. But Arrow in general has to many people on the team so I definitely agree that they were terrible additions. Curtis should've remained a supporting character, Dinah we didnt need with Black Siren in the picture back in S4, and Wild Dog...would've gone in a different route with him.

flickchick85 likes this.
  15. Sithborg Registered

I like Wild Dog. Best of all the newbies.

16. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

I don't mind Dinah, nor do I mind Renee. I do struggle to invision Curtis having gone from tech guy to ass kicker in such a short amount of time (regardless of training); we're expected to believe that he can take on (and out) trained criminals just because he's trained with Ollie? I'm sorry, but no.

Renee & Dinah have experience behind them. Curtis likes to play with toys, and maybe should have remained as another tech person alongside Felicity. Diggle gets a pass for obvious reasons.

17. AResistor Registered

Not to forget to mention Superman mythos is where it belongs the most.

The Super family has always tackled xenophobia since - they are literally aliens, not to mention undocumented ones at that. I think many forget that and only remember “American way.” But, “American way” isn’t in the manner nationalists see it - it is in the way that we foreign immigrants see it as on the Statue Of Liberty. American IDEALISM, rather than nationalism nor patriotism. Superman’s an immigrant first, rather than “America first” and he has always been that way - just look at the xenophobic times that gave rise to the world needing a Superman (first comic). “American way” is a nod to what America CAN be, a beacon as well as a home to many from all walks of life, rather than just a piece of land.

I also find that typically those who have a problem with it support a xenophobic billionaire with a narcissistic complex who enjoys demonizing aliens and unfortunately became President. I was actually describing Lex Luthor, but that Dotard Dump fits that mold so much shows how unavoidable that connection is - Trump is basically Lex Luthor of Earth Prime with the one exception being Lex is smarter.

#642 AResistor, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  18. timberwolf Registered

Does anyone know why amazon does not have the season pass? I've got it every year bit so far at least they don't have this season.

19. Sithborg Registered

Well, they released a new poster for the crossover. Probably because things would come out from spy photos.

All I am going to say is, I am all in now.

20. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Yeah it’s looking fun.

21. flickchick85 Admin of Might

If you haven’t seen yet, it’s up now.

22. timberwolf Registered

Thanks...hadn't had a chance to recheck. That is good news!! Was afraid the delay meant they wouldn't have it.

23. timberwolf Registered

Hmmm just checked...not exactly a 'season pass' though as they don't seem to be selling the entire season but eaxh individual episode...not quite tge same thing.

24. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Huh. I bought the whole season last night because it was a bargain at $3.99. But there's a "review" below complaining that they had the price listed at $52.99, so maybe they're having some pricing glitches and took it down. Now I wonder if they'll honor my $3.99 purchase or if I'm due for a refund and apology e-mail, lol.

On another note, here's a new promo:

25. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Finally released the Supergirl side of the crossover lol

haephestus and Flash525 like this.