Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - - - Part 12

Huh. I bought the whole season last night because it was a bargain at $3.99. But there's a "review" below complaining that they had the price listed at $52.99, so maybe they're having some pricing glitches and took it down. Now I wonder if they'll honor my $3.99 purchase or if I'm due for a refund and apology e-mail, lol.

Amazon has been doing a lot of these crazy 2.99-3.99 prices for new seasons lately, some sales last longer then others. Arrow and Supergirl were both 3.99 last night but they ended it around noon today. Right now The Rookie season 1, and The Kids Are Alright season 1 are 2.99 each, Midnight Texas season 2 is 3.99. I've bought 10 of these low price seasons over time and Amazon hasn't taken any of them back so I'm sure your good.

Bummer....I can't believe I missed getting the whole season for 3.99. :( but now they don't seem to have the season option listed for any price. :( :( :(

I guess we should be happy that it is only Barry's identity that Oliver switches with and not Kara's.

DpquG65UwAAAn7u.jpg

So Oliver is cross dressing in this cross over?

I'm not too happy about this plot. Does that mean that we're not going to be getting any of the traditional versions of each character, like a proper Superman with Lois?

And why is Oliver always wearing a wig? In the pilot of Arrow, it turns out that the long hair he had on the island was actually a wig. He had to remember to put it on and a fake beard when the ship came to rescue him. How ridiculous!

I guess we should be happy that it is only Barry's identity that Oliver switches with and not Kara's.

DpquG65UwAAAn7u.jpg

Amell would have made a good Thor.

This is the only sensible takeaway you can realistically have from this poster.

I'm not too happy about this plot. Does that mean that we're not going to be getting any of the traditional versions of each character, like a proper Superman with Lois?

And why is Oliver always wearing a wig? In the pilot of Arrow, it turns out that the long hair he had on the island was actually a wig. He had to remember to put it on and a fake beard when the ship came to rescue him. How ridiculous!

It's a fanmade poster.

And we are going to get traditional

I would've rather that people just over to visit Earth 38 instead of all these alternate earth versions. Just a straightforward adventure on Supergirl's earth. This now feels too similar to Crisis from last year.

Also, has the Season 1 and 2 Supergirl theme gone permanently? We didn't have it at all in Season 3, and it doesn't sound like it's there for Season 4. It sounded so hopeful and soaring.

I would've rather that people just over to visit Earth 38 instead of all these alternate earth versions. Just a straightforward adventure on Supergirl's earth. This now feels too similar to Crisis from last year.
Depends on who the villains are, the whole selling point for the last crossover wasn't just that their alternate universe counterparts were there, it was the role reversal of seeing the hero characters play villains. As long as they don't go that route it'll be easy enough to differentiate from last years crossover.

Just because Barry and Oliver are switching roles doesn’t mean anyone else will.

I want a super speed race between Superman and Flash.

I wonder if there will be Red Sun Superman, Kingdom Come Superman, and Golden-Age Superman in the crossover.

Honestly, Amell pretty good with all that hair. Looks almost seamless and natural.

oh I want to see this universe now. and then oliver realise's that all that's been happened is cause he's still on the island and his long wing hair never went away . and he start screaming in a high pitch voice.

"Damn you," "Damn you", "it's the Island" And Joe, Diggle black lighting, barry & wally come out form the bushes saying the God damn Island.

Good time to reiterate my desire for a Danvers/Kent Thanksgiving.

I'd love to see either Superman and Lois come over to... wherever Supergirl is set (is it Midvale? I'm suddenly having a mental block) for Thanksgiving, or Kara goes over to Smallville. In fact, it would be cool to have a Supergirl/ Superman adventure in Smallville.

Just because Barry and Oliver are switching roles doesn’t mean anyone else will.

I want a super speed race between Superman and Flash.

I wonder if there will be Red Sun Superman, Kingdom Come Superman, and Golden-Age Superman in the crossover.

Ugh. I hope the reason they're not making Amell the Flash now is so that he can race against Superman and win. I wanted to see Superman racing against Barry Allen and teaming up with him, not Oliver Queen as the Flash.

oh I want to see this universe now. and then oliver realise's that all that's been happened is cause he's still on the island and his long wing hair never went away . and he start screaming in a high pitch voice.

"Damn you," "Damn you", "it's the Island" And Joe, Diggle black lighting, barry & wally come out form the bushes saying the God damn Island.

Maybe Oliver has never left the island all these years and the entire 7 seasons of Arrow have been one big hallucination while he's struck down with a fever. And when he wakes up and wonders how much time has passed, it's only been a few hours after he arrived. So he's still got another 5 years to get through on the island! His nightmare has only just begun, not that it's over or nearly at an end! :o

I'd love to see either Superman and Lois come over to... wherever Supergirl is set (is it Midvale? I'm suddenly having a mental block) for Thanksgiving, or Kara goes over to Smallville. In fact, it would be cool to have a Supergirl/ Superman adventure in Smallville.
ok kara's grew up in mid vcale with alex after she came out of the ship that superman found her in and it's national city she's living in now.

I
Ugh. I hope the reason they're not making Amell the Flash now is so that he can race against Superman and win. I wanted to see Superman racing against Barry Allen and teaming up with him, not Oliver Queen as the Flash.

oh yeah that would tick alot of people from the fan base off

Maybe Oliver has never left the island all these years and the entire 7 seasons of Arrow have been one big hallucination while he's struck down with a fever. And when he wakes up and wonders how much time has passed, it's only been a few hours after he arrived. So he's still got another 5 years to get through on the island! His nightmare has only just begun, not that it's over or nearly at an end! :o
I'm of two thought's actually it's ether a hallucination or Oliver and most of the people who have been heroes were on the Qeen's gambit including laurel who found she was being cheated thanks to thea and her boy friend Roy and that high school gal buddy he knocked up and Oliver out of fear of his male paris Hitlton ways crashed ship there on that Island and it's become all their purgatory cause the island is alive and it's also the nexus of reality's , so it's messing with them all and j'onn who was trapped their years early is trying to keep their minds intact from them all going mad with his telepathy but it's hard struggle.

Oh the that unrully wig is how the island is messing wth them all .

Hope this means that Hoechlin is available for later episodes as well.

How many baddies does the show have this year now? Lex, Manchester Black, Agent Liberty and his associates like Mercy? I think that's far more than they need. My biggest complaint about the show lately is that it feels too cluttered and without enough space and focus on Kara herself.

If Lex is running around making trouble in National City then it makes no sense on why Superman woild not show up because Lex is considered to be his greatest villain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"