Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - - - Part 12

Kara and Lena are "best friends"? When did that happen?

Kara and Lena are "best friends"? When did that happen?

Huh? It's been that way for ages. It's not like it's something they just pulled out of a hat.

Probably since 2x12 "Luthors," when Lena filled Kara's office with flowers and Kara vowed to always be there for her. Kara already referred to Lena as her best friend at the end of S2 so when Cat asked who was up on the Daxamite ship, so yeah, it's been a while. I mean, we see that they have regular lunch dates and stuff all the time, and Lena's been included in game nights and showed genuine caring for Kara's well-being since the beginning of S3, and I'm pretty sure Lena has regularly referred to Kara as her best friend (and originally, her "only friend in National City" before she was brought more into Kara's circle), in whom she's confided stuff she didn't share with anyone else, so it's not exactly hard to buy.

Certainly easier to buy with her than with Winn and James, who practically stopped interacting with Kara outside of job-related stuff after they were ditched as love interests.

Last edited:
I'm wondering, regarding the Monitor... last seasons final of Supergirl showed (what appeared to be) the Monitor freeing John's brother so that he may exact his revenge. That doesn't seem like a Monitor thing to do, so I'm wondering whether both the Monitor and anti-monitor look exactly the same, and that it was the latter who freed John's brother, else why?

I'm wondering, regarding the Monitor... last seasons final of Supergirl showed (what appeared to be) the Monitor freeing John's brother so that he may exact his revenge. That doesn't seem like a Monitor thing to do, so I'm wondering whether both the Monitor and anti-monitor look exactly the same, and that it was the latter who freed John's brother, else why?

Not really. If the Anti-Monitor were to exist in positive universe, he'd annihilate everything around him. The reason the Monitor did this is to test J'onn if he's worthy of the Crisis.

Not really. If the Anti-Monitor were to exist in positive universe, he'd annihilate everything around him. The reason the Monitor did this is to test J'onn if he's worthy of the Crisis.
This being the case, John best have a damn significant part in the whole Crisis event (which from what has been shown thus far, doesn't seem to be the case). It almost seems as though the writers aren't quite sure what to do with his character (again) so they've just introduced a family feud.

Notice that the writers from other shows wrote J'onn better than the show's own writers.

Huh? It's been that way for ages. It's not like it's something they just pulled out of a hat.

Certainly, Kara and Lena have been friendly. But there always seemed to be a certain diffidence between them. And narratively speaking, I thought that was the point: their personal secrets and agendas prevented a more honest and closer relationship.

I admit, though, that I’m not the most attentive viewer. So if you (and @flickchick85) say their BFF status has been sufficiently well established, okay. I just never felt it. And fair to say (?) it’s been rather one-sided as of late. I’m mean, Lena’s been sorta cuckoo for some time now. :ebr:

I admit, though, that I’m not the most attentive viewer. So if you (and @flickchick85) say their BFF status has been sufficiently well established, okay. I just never felt it. And fair to say (?) it’s been rather one-sided as of late. I’m mean, Lena’s been sorta cuckoo for some time now. :ebr:
Well she has been dating James, and if he's anything like his real life persona (seemingly egotistical and full of himself) then it's no surprise Lena has lost it! :p

And fair to say (?) it’s been rather one-sided as of late. I’m mean, Lena’s been sorta cuckoo for some time now. :ebr:
Not really. Lena was distant during the middle of S4 because she was secretly dealing with Lex and helping him "cure himself" with the Harun-El, but then late in the season she had that big emotional scene where she came clean with Kara and the two worked pretty closely together for the last few episodes of the season to bring him down. I'd say it was pretty evenly distributed then.

Looks like they're doing the Supergirl part of the crossover with Burt Ward and I think Kevin Conroy. I also think Oliver, Diggle, Constantine, and Mia are on Supergirl's part as well.

I like these crossovers, but I really wish they would do them like a mini-series rather than locking them into the episodic format. It would free them up to have more interactions with the minor characters and allow the main leads to be 'leads' throughout the entire thing. I have more interest when Supergirl or Flash is on, and of course when the crossover moves to Arrow or LoT they get pushed more to the background.

But isn't the point of the crossovers to highlight each specific team and show while advancing the story at the same time?

Even as far back Invasion, each episode from Supergirl to Legends highlighted that show's particular cast of characters since they get the focus. The closest to more interactions among the casts of different shows regardless of which might be Crisis on Earth-X since we got everyone together from the beginning.

Couldn't they do crossovers in the summer as someone suggested in the past?

Does anyone else wonder why her S symbol has hardly any yellow?? She has way less than Clark it's distracting

I like these crossovers, but I really wish they would do them like a mini-series rather than locking them into the episodic format. It would free them up to have more interactions with the minor characters and allow the main leads to be 'leads' throughout the entire thing. I have more interest when Supergirl or Flash is on, and of course when the crossover moves to Arrow or LoT they get pushed more to the background.
Totally agree with this. It's frustrating sometimes when character A from show X would actually be the best person to handle a given situation but because it's the episode for show Y a character from show Y is used. That's why for me the best crossover has been Crisis on Earth-X because it came the closes to the mini-series format. IMO Elseworlds was a giant step back in this respect.

Came across this on Twitter concerning Supergirl's schedule and episode count for this season.

I don't have a problem with a 20 episode season but I do have a problem if Supergirl has a lower episode count than Flash. That's BS and yet another example of Supergirl getting shortchanged. I see no reason why the two shows shouldn't have the same episode count. Edit: With some further investigation I'm taking this with a gran of salt. It's showing an episode on 1/26/2020 which is when the Grammy Awards are going to be on. Last year CW didn't show a new episode opposite the Grammys and even the big networks skip Sunday shows for the Grammys. I still maintain it's BS if Supergirl gets fewer episodes than Flash

Last edited:
I think Season 5 has been average at best so far, they really need to trim the cast down. For me I’d gladly see the back of Kelly & Nia. Also why do the writers continue to write Alex’ relationships like she’s a high schooler? Every single thing is such a big deal, that bit a few weeks ago with the pancakes & how upset she was that she didn’t know Kelly was allergic? Come on. They make her come across as desperate imo. The whole Brainiac 5 (I’d be fine if he left too tbh) and Nia’s dramas hasn’t been too much aswell. Personally I think they need to stop pandering to the shippers me get the damn focus on Supergirl. It too often feels like she’s been a background character on her own damn show. Although Lena been mad at her the way she is, sorry I’m not not buying that storyline at all. Feels incredibly forced.

Sorry folks that turned into a rant.

Why is there no more opening intro/ narration for Supergirl? They still have it for Arrow. Doesn't seem to have for the Flash either.

I think Season 5 has been average at best so far, they really need to trim the cast down. For me I’d gladly see the back of Kelly & Nia. Also why do the writers continue to write Alex’ relationships like she’s a high schooler? Every single thing is such a big deal, that bit a few weeks ago with the pancakes & how upset she was that she didn’t know Kelly was allergic? Come on. They make her come across as desperate imo. The whole Brainiac 5 (I’d be fine if he left too tbh) and Nia’s dramas hasn’t been too much aswell. Personally I think they need to stop pandering to the shippers me get the damn focus on Supergirl. It too often feels like she’s been a background character on her own damn show. Although Lena been mad at her the way she is, sorry I’m not not buying that storyline at all. Feels incredibly forced.

Sorry folks that turned into a rant.
Not to mention now William. Kara easily could have been investigating Andrea by herself or with Nia, but they bring in William...

But isn't the point of the crossovers to highlight each specific team and show while advancing the story at the same time?

Even as far back Invasion, each episode from Supergirl to Legends highlighted that show's particular cast of characters since they get the focus. The closest to more interactions among the casts of different shows regardless of which might be Crisis on Earth-X since we got everyone together from the beginning.

Well, each team is already highlighted on their own show, so the crossovers would be better served as a true ensemble showing of the entire Superverse rather than keeping them broken up in an episodic format. I think since it is one story line then it should be treated as one 'movie,' otherwise it just feels too disjointed.

Why is there no more opening intro/ narration for Supergirl? They still have it for Arrow. Doesn't seem to have for the Flash either.

I'm perfectly fine with them not having it anymore! Haven't even missed it actually. Arrow still does it, and it still sounds as corny as ever.:hehe:

Does anyone else wonder why her S symbol has hardly any yellow?? She has way less than Clark it's distracting

Actually, I just keep noticing how much gold highlight it has! Not that I don't like that, I think the gold looks damn cool, and haven't even noticed any lack of yellow.

Not to mention now William. Kara easily could have been investigating Andrea by herself or with Nia, but they bring in William...

Yeah exactly, the cast is too large. If I were brought in as show runner I’d be trimming the cast down. Maybe some of them will get will get taken out in Crisis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"