Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - - - Part 12

I don’t get the obsession with having these characters in relationships tbh

But yes, I'm thinking Kara would be alright with Kate destroying the kryptonite if it could be turned into a threat against Bat-suit.

That plot-thread could be cut with paper scissors...

It's rock paper scissors. :o

You're right. A lump of rock would be better than that plot thread.:o:o

I was referring to Kryptonite as the rock, and a pair of paper scissors cutting through that plot.

We need to find out what Cat’s been up to and Calista’s not keen on traveling plus special guest stars are going to be a challenge with COVID-19 protocols. I think they should do a scene with Kara and Cat on a Zoom call. Calista could do it from home using her clothes and do her own makeup, I’m sure she could do casual Cat at home. Heck if they digitally put Kara’s loft in the background Melissa could do the majority the scene from home. It would actually be something easy for Melissa to do when she first returns from maternity leave. The two of them could probably do it by recording an actual Zoom call. Daytime and late nite talk shows have been using a split screen format for months I think the audience would accept it on a scripted show if it fit with the story.

According to Jesse Rath, his tentative start date for S6 filming is September 28th.

According to Jesse Rath, his tentative start date for S6 filming is September 28th.
Interesting, that's inline with the tentative start dates for the "fall" shows and probably means they're planning on starting without Melissa. I thought the whole point of having Supergirl be "mid-season" was to give her more recovery time. She did that coffee live IG live video on 7/7 and said she was only weeks away. Since then she could've had the baby and they just haven't made a public announcement but even then that's not much of a maternity leave. They likely have lots of scripts ready and I suppose they can jump around a lot and film everything they can, the bio-suit is back in play. We'll have to see how everything plays out.

I can't remember now. Does she have knee-length boots for her new costume with the pants, or are they ankle length?

I don’t get the obsession with having these characters in relationships tbh

Because relationships help characters grow and expand.

To be fair, Supergirl was the one show where the main character didn’t have a love interest for almost two years. That’s like...1000 years in CW years. I commend them for that kind of restraint.

I think part of it is also the writers just having a hard time coming up with a valid relationship for her. They dont want to do SuperCorp because....DC/WB likely wouldnt even let them and they just dont know how to write a male character she has natural chemistry with.

To be fair, Supergirl was the one show where the main character didn’t have a love interest for almost two years. That’s like...1000 years in CW years. I commend them for that kind of restraint.

Meanwhile every other character is on one and has some forced drama that is resolved by episodes end only for a new drama in the following episode.

Because relationships help characters grow and expand.

In better written shows maybe but in TV shows such as this fans are obsessive about the way a character looks at someone and often will read into things that aren’t there. I find shipping utter nonsense tbh, half the time the writers bring the shows quality down with pandering to them e.g. Oliver & Felicity on Arrow.

In better written shows maybe but in TV shows such as this fans are obsessive about the way a character looks at someone and often will read into things that aren’t there. I find shipping utter nonsense tbh, half the time the writers bring the shows quality down with pandering to them e.g. Oliver & Felicity on Arrow.

Yeah the Arrowverse sucks at romance but it is still a needed aspect of any show I think. Oliver went 8 years on a yoyo in terms of development. He spends 5 mins happy and then has to relearn everything he spent 4 years learning in terms of being happy.

Yeah the Arrowverse sucks at romance but it is still a needed aspect of any show I think. Oliver went 8 years on a yoyo in terms of development. He spends 5 mins happy and then has to relearn everything he spent 4 years learning in terms of being happy.

I think there are ways to do it where it doesn’t have to dominate the storylines. If they could find a nice balance it would be so much better to watch.

TheDCTVshow, which is a generally reliable source, says that Supergirl is planning a 16 episode season with production starting on September 28th. September 28th is when Jesse has previously said his first day will be so that tracks. 16 episodes is about what I was expecting. The question in my mind is if/how long they plan to start without Melissa. I’m beginning to think she’s already had the baby and they just haven’t made a public announcement. She did that coffee live video nine weeks ago on July 7th and said she was close.

He also confirmed the Flash production start date of October 1st but added that 17 episodes are planned for that show.

I’ll bet back in May when the network President said full 20+ episode seasons they didn’t think production on all shows would be delayed this much. In May the decision to make Supergirl “mid season” made sense because of the pregnancy but now it’s basically on the same schedule as the others. I don’t think the network is going to change their “fall”/“mid season” plans. Supergirl fans will just have a shorter wait between the 2021 and 2021/2022 seasons.

When are all these shows meant to come back then? If Flash has an October start date, does that mean it probably won't be back until next year? Normally October is when the shows would air, not when they would start filming.

Makes sense. I think a 16 episode season could really help after the mess that was the second half of season 5. Pretty sure Melissa had the baby by now - just a shame she might not have gotten a good amount of maternity leave.

When are all these shows meant to come back then? If Flash has an October start date, does that mean it probably won't be back until next year? Normally October is when the shows would air, not when they would start filming.
It was announced back in May that “Fall” shows would primer in January 2021. No word yet on when in January. Supergirl and other “mid season” shows will have their primers in late April or early May 2021. Like production the episode air dates are going to be delayed about 12 weeks from normal. The good news for Supergirl fans is they will entirely or practically be done filming by the time the season primers so hopefully they’ll run the episodes straight through with no skip weeks. Then if all goes well virus wise we’ll have a shorter than normal summer break before a normal October 2021 primer for season seven. I expect they’ll still have to be skip weeks with the “fall” shows.

Last edited:
From September 11th, David Harewood is quarantining for season six. It seems that the 9/28 start date is accurate.

Last edited:
I kept telling people that I wouldn't be surprised if season 6 was the last. It's bittersweet, but I'm kinda glad. Season 5 was disappointing but hopefully the show can go out on a high note

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"