Superman Returns Superman's Posey Talks Kitty

Octoberist said:
I swear he came back for JLU in the later seasons.

I pretty sure that he did as well. I'll go look now for some conformation.

I don't really think Posey is a good actress. She has been awful in everything Ive seen her in.

Metropolis_Man said:
I pretty sure that he did as well. I'll go look now for some conformation.

Tim Daly did not return in any of the 2 JL/JLU seasons.

He will return for the direct-to-dvd STAS movie later this summer.

Tim Daly is THE F-ING MAN

And how do I put my sig's on here

tab_lee_engle said:
I don't really think Posey is a good actress. She has been awful in everything Ive seen her in.

I thought she was great in Waiting for Guffman.

But she was horrible in Blade 3, which I'm guessing is the only movie you've seen her in ;)

Just Blame Goyer.

MatchesMalone said:
Tim Daly did not return in any of the 2 JL/JLU seasons.

He will return for the direct-to-dvd STAS movie later this summer.

You are correct. I just checked it out and I saw George Newberns name through each season. I might've been confused because of what you posted here. The new direct to dvd movie. I knew I heard he was doing Supermans voice again, and this must've been it. Thanks Matches!

Metropolis_Man said:
You are correct. I just checked it out and I saw George Newberns name through each season. I might've been confused because of what you posted here. The new direct to dvd movie. I knew I heard he was doing Supermans voice again, and this must've been it. Thanks Matches!

De nada.

I can't wait for Daly to return. Newburb did eh...ok, but he was no Daly.

Metropolis_Man said:
Very good point Pickle-El. Its the standard on which all comic book related movies are based from now. It was the original great big screen comic movie.
I agree:up:

Well actually good sir, Ive seen her in Blade TRINITY, You've got mail, Scream 3, Laws of Attraction, and " shudder " Josie and the pussycats " shudder ".

And yes I do Blame Goyer, decent writer, horrible director and I hope he doesn't touch the Flash because when I graduate film school, thats MY movie.

tab_lee_engle said:
Well actually good sir, Ive seen her in Blade TRINITY, You've got mail, Scream 3, Laws of Attraction, and " shudder " Josie and the pussycats " shudder ".

Oh man, I just got you to admit you saw Josie and the Pussycats. Reverse psychology is awesome. ;)

And yes I do Blame Goyer, decent writer, horrible director and I hope he doesn't touch the Flash because when I graduate film school, thats MY movie.

Just make sure it's Barry Allen. :up:

Agreed, I think his voice progressed and got better as time went on, but Daly did a wonderful job as the voice of Supes.

In the treatment that I have written somewhere in my apartment, my story features both Barry Allen and Wally West. The Flash is already established at the beginning of the movie, and it's basically a passing of the torch story. Ive had this thing laying around sense my freshman year. The Flash is my 2nd fav. hero next to Superman, so I promise I respect the material.

And Im sure u will laugh, but my girlfriend wanted to see Josie and Pussycats, and it made me wanna claw my eyes out. But she alwasy went to see scary movies and action movies with me, so I agreed.

That being said, I still don't think Parker is a good actress, and Kal Penn would have been better suited as a hip Jimmy Olsen that provides comic relief.

tab_lee_engle said:
In the treatment that I have written somewhere in my apartment, my story features both Barry Allen and Wally West. The Flash is already established at the beginning of the movie, and it's basically a passing of the torch story. Ive had this thing laying around sense my freshman year. The Flash is my 2nd fav. hero next to Superman, so I promise I respect the material.

Excellent. Put Hal in there somewhere, and you're good to go.

And Im sure u will laugh, but my girlfriend wanted to see Josie and Pussycats, and it made me wanna claw my eyes out. But she alwasy went to see scary movies and action movies with me, so I agreed.

That's no excuse, and you know it. At times like those, you have to ask yourself WWCND?

That being said, I still don't think Parker is a good actress, and Kal Penn would have been better suited as a hip Jimmy Olsen that provides comic relief.

Watch Waiting for Guffman. She's got great timing, excellent improv. I think she can be good under good direction, and Guest is a good director. Singer is too - but don't listen to me, I liked Valerie Perrine.

tab_lee_engle said:

If you really want to see a good performance by Posey try one of the independent films she has done...she doesnt have the title of "indy queen" for nothing. Daytrippers, Clockwatchers, House of Yes, Basquiat (she does a fantastic Mary Boone) all worth it not to mention most of Christopher Guests movies.

green said:
If you really want to see a good performance by Posey try one of the independent films she has done...she doesnt have the title of "indy queen" for nothing. Daytrippers, Clockwatchers, House of Yes, Basquiat (she does a fantastic Mary Boone) all worth it not to mention most of Christopher Guests movies.

Word.

She gets around more than Bijou Phillips.

Ill have to check those films out.....

In my Flash film, Wally originally rejects Barry's offer to be the new Flash after being granted powers upon Barry suffering a heart attack. When Wally rejects, Barry tries to defeat Reverse Flash himself, but suffer's another, this time fatal, heart attack during the battle. Wally sense's this from afar, but arrives a step to late and watches Barry die. It's then that Wally decides to become the Flash, much to the dismay of Barry's widow, Iris West. I tried to get as many characters from the Flash universe in there as possible.

I know this isn't exactly how it goes in the comics, but I wanted to personalize it a little bit.

And I don't wanna touch Green Lantern, because I prefer Kyle Rayner, but I know that the right thing to do is use Hal Jordan, and there is just so many damn Green Lanterns. Id rather have someone else do it.

Your Flash concept sounds really good. I'd certainly like to see it. I would aslo love a Green Lantern film, but I wouldnt want to begin with it.

I've got to admit...I don't know my Flash history. I'm hearing Ryan Reynolds is marked to play him in a movie adaptation, though.

Thank you Metropolis Man, I take alot of pride in my writing and creative ability. As I mentioned, my villians are Reverse Flash, who IMO is the Flash's Joker or Luthor, and a " suit " villian, but don't worry, Reverse Flash proves his dominance in the partnership at a point in the story.

I sat down to try and write a Green Lantern treatment, but I had massive writers block. I also would love a Green Lantern movie, but Im not the man for the job. It's funny, these marvel charcters keep getting all there movies, but the DC chracters are so much richer with stories.

I wrote a Superman story that I hope to novelize someday,but Im probably gonna have to make some changes because of V for Vendetta.

Ryan Reynolds would not be my Flash. Wally would be played by an unknown, while Barry would be played by a big star. And Linda Park would be played by, well, Linda Park.

DavidTyler said:
I don't care about the muscle suit ... never did. I grew up watching reruns of George Reeves in a very obvious muscle suit.

I don't consider wanting a replica of the Chris Reeve suit to be a rehash of the first movie because the suit from that film WAS the comics suit. It wasn't an invention of the film maker. Singer's suit strays from the comics a little while the Donner suit strayed not at all.

As to the originality of this new film. It remains to be seen. (by the rest of you. I'll find out when I read here whether the film is worth my time).

What I didn't want was a rehash of the basic plot and some of the character interpretations.

Is Singer doing a rehash of STM? Don't know. Again, I don't know. I'll have to wait and see what you all say after it opens. If he is, I'll be giving it a huge pass.

I really didn't want the Donner interpretation of any of the characters. I don't want nerd Clark. I don't want a nerdy Jimmy. I don't want the comedic or 1950's version of Lex (I love corporate anti-christ Lex from the comics. Thank you Marv Wolfman.). I don't want a revisit from Otis or Miss Teschmacher.

I also didn't want to revisit Donner's Krypton. I didn't like it when I was a kid and I like it even less now. It was just completely illogical.

To answer someone's response to my earlier post (I'm not going to go back and see who it was), Having Kitty more of a 'Mercy' than a 'Miss Teschmacher' makes Luthor a more powerful appearing villain because we see him on screen in an alpha position to a subordinate everytime she's on screen. And the fact that Mercy is strong and a physical match for any male (of course, short of Supes) she faces down and Lex is in command of her... makes him look that much more powerful.

Having Kitty just his girlfriend somehow makes him softer and less threatening simply because it shows that he's not a cold, uncaring person. How could he be? He's got a girlfriend. Even the lousiest boyfriend must have some kind of warmth to get the girl in the first place. Cold, calculating Lex wouldn't have one. He would use women and throw them away.

So, if Kitty is Miss Teschmacher, well.... one more nail in the coffin.

Very well said.

The problem with the hommage is it's a safe bet by cashing in on a tried and true formula, and we all Know formula is for babies.

Ooops sorry, back to your scheduled Flash talk.

Ryan Reynolds FTW!!!

Oldguy said:
Very well said.

The problem with the hommage is it's a safe bet by cashing in on a tried and true formula, and we all Know formula is for babies.

Ooops sorry, back to your scheduled Flash talk.

Ryan Reynolds FTW!!!

As I asked earlier, would you be singing the praises of a Red Son adaptation right now?

MatchesMalone said:
As I asked earlier, would you be singing the praises of a Red Son adaptation right now?

Oh I missed this question sorry.

Red Son adaptation? It would never "work" as a movie, because the notion of Elseworlds would totally escape the general movie going audience. The movie would tank. Hard.

Super-hero comic books are written for 18-35 year old males. Movies about comic book superheroes are written primarily for children, so there's less sophistication you can get away with. That's why 99% of Super-hero movies follow the formula: Hero struggles with duty v.s. romance, while villain of the week plans to destroy the world, at some point or another becomes aware of the "damsel" in hero's life, and exploits this weakness by kidnapping her. Thus the climax is defined as a rescue mission.

It's been almost 100 years, and hollywood still can't get over Dooright, Sneed and the train track debacle.

10.jpg

I tell ya tho, the adaptation I would be singing praises for would be All Star Superman. Morrison has got it down cold, a fresh unique take on the Man of Steel that is completely accessable to even the most out of touch fan. Characterization, rock solid. Best Luthor EVER.

As we speak, that man is penning the greatest Superman story ever told. Issue #3 just hit the newsstands. Have you read it yet?

Oldguy said:
Oh I missed this question sorry.

Red Son adaptation? It would never "work" as a movie, because the notion of Elseworlds would totally escape the general movie going audience. The movie would tank. Hard.

Super-hero comic books are written for 18-35 year old males. Movies about comic book superheroes are written primarily for children, so there's less sophistication you can get away with. That's why 99% of Super-hero movies follow the formula: Hero struggles with duty v.s. romance, while villain of the week plans to destroy the world, at some point or another becomes aware of the "damsel" in hero's life, and exploits this weakness by kidnapping her. Thus the climax is defined as a rescue mission.

It's been almost 100 years, and hollywood still can't get over Dooright, Sneed and the train track debacle.

10.jpg

That's because it's primal, and, let's face it, it sells. It sells well. Even Batman Begins succumbed to it.

Although, I don't think Spider-man 2 was made with the under-15 crowd in mind. There was more Peter and Mary-Jane in it that Spidey.

That's one thing SR is getting right. Keep him in costume more often.

I tell ya tho, the adaptation I would be singing praises for would be All Star Superman. Morrison has got it down solid, a fresh unique take on the Man of Steel that is completely accessable to even the most out of touch fan. Characterization, rock solid. Best Luthor EVER.

As we speak, that man is penning the greatest Superman story ever told. Issue #3 just hit the newsstands. Have you read it yet?

Isn't that the one where Superman and Lois team up to fight crime?

I saw that episode of Lois & Clark. ;)

Seriously, I like the things Morrison is doing. Goofy Clark, the big reveal. I liked the way Lois reacted to Clark's secret. I do hope, since they've introduced the cancer, they should go all the way. This series should end with Supes kicking it.

You love the criminal Luthor in All Star but don't want that for SR?

Nah, I like Morrison, but he's no Busiek or Waid. He's got a firm grip on Batman though.

Greatest Superman story ever told, for me, remains Secret Identity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"