Superman Returns Superman's Posey Talks Kitty

I can see lex in jail at the end of the film...

"Ok seriously, next time NO WOMEN!"

In my opinion Mercy doesn't belong on the big screen with Luthor. Makes him seem weak.

I know this is Superman, but what do you think about Harley with Joker?

Showtime029 said:
In my opinion Mercy doesn't belong on the big screen with Luthor. Makes him seem weak.

I think I'll have to agree here. She was such a strong lady it'd make Luthor seem less evil or something?

Metropolis_Man said:
I think I'll have to agree here. She was such a strong lady it'd make Luthor seem less evil or something?

I would sorta make him look less intimidating.....standing behind a girl? Com'mon! ;)

yeah, thats the word I was search for, lol. Less "intimidating". Luthor shouldn't have to stand behind a girl, hes Luthor.

Exactly. This is the best way to go. Im sure he'll be badass in this movie....and possibily sadistical...slightly insane.

yeah, its going to be good. I think this will be the most evil lex we've seen yet.

All good points SpiderDaniel.....

Ive come to find alot of these people are pretty brainwashed into thinking that there is nothing to worry about. That is the source of my recent string of rude comments on this board. There is plenty to be concerned about. There will be NO middle ground with this film as well. It will either kick ass, or will be a re-hashed carbon copy of the Donner film. Would have been a safer bet to base this movie off of Superman: TAS or Birthright IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!

venom420 said:
All good points SpiderDaniel.....

Ive come to find alot of these people are pretty brainwashed into thinking that there is nothing to worry about.

Thats just stupid. Most people on here are waiting to see the film before they complain about stupid crap like this.

Oh no! Luthor has a girlfriend.... shock horror... She turns out to be conflicted!.... She turns out to be more of a humanist than Lex! Run for the hills! The character must be campy!

There is plenty to be concerned about.

From your point of view. From mine there is only two things now that I am concerned about. I will however wait until I have seen the film and see how those two things play out before getting all upset.

There will be NO middle ground with this film as well. It will either kick ass, or will be a re-hashed carbon copy of the Donner film.

Thats as stupid as saying that people on here have been 'brainwashed'. There is always middleground. But i guess since your not one of the 'brainwashed people', you would see things more clearly :o

MISS TESMACHER!!!

ok, but seriously...i want a real evil chick with Lex next time...I htink Mercy would be great

She wouldn't make LEx look weak at all, just a guy who doesn't like to get his hands dirty...she could be like Famke Jenssen's character from GOLDENEYE...a real psycho you know??

Mentok said:
Thats just stupid. Most people on here are waiting to see the film before they complain about stupid crap like this.

Oh no! Luthor has a girlfriend.... shock horror... She turns out to be conflicted!.... She turns out to be more of a humanist than Lex! Run for the hills! The character must be campy!

From your point of view. From mine there is only two things now that I am concerned about. I will however wait until I have seen the film and see how those two things play out before getting all upset.

Thats as stupid as saying that people on here have been 'brainwashed'. There is always middleground. But i guess since your not one of the 'brainwashed people', you would see things more clearly :o

Good comeback. :up: I'd like to say if I'm one of the "braindwashed" then I'm glad to be brainwashed. I'm giving this film a chance, who knows what it will be like until its released.

Exactly, I do see things more clearly, and it's not stupid to say that people on here are brainwashed.....most of you people are so used to crap like " Superman Lives " and " FlyBy " that you will defend every little thing about this new movie, including obvious re-hashes of campy characters such as Kitty. How can a character be named Kitty Kowolski and NOT be campy. How can Kal Penn have a role as a Luthor henchman and it NOT be campy. And don't come back at me with some " you have no idea what there doing " comment, all you have to do is open your ****ing eyes. But that might ruin your perfect fantasy.

And there is not middle ground with these types of films, ecspecially with Superman. But whatever!!!!!!!!Now come back at me and tell me how stupid I am again I can't wait.

I'll get back to you once the movie comes out and owns ur a$$.

venom420 said:
Exactly, I do see things more clearly, and it's not stupid to say that people on here are brainwashed.....most of you people are so used to crap like " Superman Lives " and " FlyBy " that you will defend every little thing about this new movie, including obvious re-hashes of campy characters such as Kitty.

ROFL... you just lost what little slice of credibility you may have had.

You are quickly entering TROLL teritory.

If you stopped being so high and mighty for a minute you would see that I didnt defend her or her character, rather said its far smarter to wait and see the actual film to complain about characters.

How can a character be named Kitty Kowolski and NOT be campy.

Its a film based on a comic book... naming characters will stick with the same old rules.

How can Kal Penn have a role as a Luthor henchman and it NOT be campy.

Kal is an ACTOR. I guess because you have only seen him in 'funny'roles that means he is stuck doing that for the rest of time?

And don't come back at me with some " you have no idea what there doing " comment, all you have to do is open your ****ing eyes. But that might ruin your perfect fantasy.

Well, you clearly dont know what they are doing... you were harping on about Luthor being campy. Read a freaking set report or two and you will see what his character is like in this film. Far from campy.

Perfect fantasy? please... I have questioned almost everything to do with this production from casting to costume design and from character development to scripting. You need to get your head out of TROLL LAND and and getr over the fact they are not making what YOU wanted.

And there is not middle ground with these types of films, ecspecially with Superman. But whatever!!!!!!!!Now come back at me and tell me how stupid I am again I can't wait.

I never said you were stupid :o I said your comments were. Big difference. There is always middle ground. There will be people who love this film, there will be people who hate it and there will be people who are stuck in the middle.

I dont see how Spacey can play completely Campy in the slightest....I mean if they wanted Hackman's campy Luthor...theres SOOO many better actors for it!

So its logical to assume we wont be getting Hackman's Lex.

Crisis Superman said:
I dont see how Spacey can play completely Campy in the slightest....I mean if they wanted Hackman's campy Luthor...theres SOOO many better actors for it!

So its logical to assume we wont be getting Hackman's Lex.

Quint from ACIN has already seen a few big chunks of Spaceys Luthor... nothing he saw was near campy. In fact he said this this luthor "IS A ****ING BADASS".

Mentok said:
Quint from ACIN has already seen a few big chunks of Spaceys Luthor... nothing he saw was near campy. In fact he said this this luthor "IS A ****ING BADASS".

The people who say the trailer at showest also said he was bordering on insane too (which I like)....sadistical the 'whos your daddy' type.

Crisis Superman said:
The people who say the trailer at showest also said he was bordering on insane too (which I like)....sadistical the 'whos your daddy' type.

I didnt really want them going with Luthor like that, but I wont complain... insane Lex will kick ass :up:

Let's calm down in here guys....

Mentok said:
I didnt really want them going with Luthor like that, but I wont complain... insane Lex will kick ass :up:

Yeah, honestly, I wanted to see the billionaire lex that runs lexcorp, whos nice in the public eye, but crooked behind closed doors. I'm sure I'm going to enjoy this version much more than Hackmans though, definately. I'm looking forward to it.

Atleast Lex is a billionaire this time round :)

Mentok said:
Atleast Lex is a billionaire this time round :)

yeah, hes gotta have some money stacked to create a new krypton on earth.

Well, I am not shocked in the slightest. Nor am I disappointed. Lex's interplay with Tessmacher and Otis in STM was one of the highlights of the film for me.

This is Superman. This isn't Batman or X-men or even angsty Spidey. Superman needs humor to work. It needs a sense of itself. One thing even Spidey was sorely missing was the humor. Peter's wisecracks were something I was greatly looking forward to, and I was disappointed in that regard.

Donner married the epic and the humor together in a perfect way. For those who want the completely serious, completely humorless take on Superman, I hope you will be disappointed. For Christ's sake, even STAS had Lex surrounded by idiots. Justice League had him surrounded by Grundy, Sapphire, etc, and the wisecracks were coming a mile a minute. Lex works best when he has a counterpoint for his darkness. I posit that he needs that juxtaposition to really shine. In STM, Lex's nonchalance and friendly attitude underscored his menace quite well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"