All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
My primary concern is Superman's characterization. If the film doesn't present a compelling Superman, then it really won't matter how strong he is.

Precisely. It could be the most incredibly exciting action film ever made but I won't give a crap if Supes isn't portrayed well.

Funny you bring him up. Looked them up last week and was amused how psychotic and homophobic that site is. I guess they're picking up the ball left from the Save Superman losers.

Ugh. I had succesfully forgotten about "Save Superman".

Ah, the good ol' days...

let's talk action!
post the images and illustration!
how great the action scale should be...
how violence and intense the action you wanna go...

blood splashing everywhere? yes? no?
angle to the face? elbom to the head??? no?
blow though body??? no?

just destruction on surrounding buildings & amenity???

hopefully superman can kick ass this time, instead of being kicked badly last time.

and i hope to see superman is in control of his powers...

Id like a little blood splashing.
Zod spitting out blood after a Superman right cross? Yes.
Zod screaming and gushing blood because Superman tears off one of his arms? Not so much.

If Supes were fighting some sort of mechanical enemy, then Id like to see him lariat its head off. Not so much if he were fighting someone made of flesh, though.

I think Id like a scene of Zod hammerfisting Superman from a thousand feet in the air straight through the top of a building. The speed at which Superman is driven down is so great that the building's windows explode outward every floor Superman falls. I think Superman would have to be traveling faster than the speed of sound for this effect to happen to a building.

Say what you will about his ability to tell stories, but his ability to shoot action is one of a kind.
I am happy.

robots you mean.... hmm... wonder if there is any...

I wanna see Superman bash Lois's backdoor in...and rescue her from the terrible fire :awesome:

Say what you will about his ability to tell stories, but his ability to shoot action is one of a kind.
I am happy.
Agreed. The action scenes alone should be worth the price of my admission.

I would be very suprised if this film isnt laced with slow-mo.

^To be honest I would too. At this point the movie looks like a full on ZS production to me and it should be because he is directing it.

And I will make fun of the slo-mo every chance I get.:woot:

^To be honest I would too. At this point the movie looks like a full on ZS production to me and it should be because he is directing it.

And I will make fun of the slo-mo every chance I get.:woot:

Its a gimmick these days and I find it boring as hell, guess that’s what happen when something becomes overused. Then again I am lost on how you can convey incredible speed on screen without slow-mo, then again this is something the fx team should be able to figure out.

slo-mo is cool. but not too much.

Its a gimmick these days and I find it boring as hell, guess that’s what happen when something becomes overused. Then again I am lost on how you can convey incredible speed on screen without slow-mo, then again this is something the fx team should be able to figure out.
I think that quick cutting shakey action scenes are a worse fad.

When Flash gets off the ground, slo-mo will be used then as well, because honestly...how do you showcase massive speed without being able to see it? It'll be like in Dragon Ball where the characters move so fast they're just blurs except when they occasionally slow it down for you.

Ugh. I had succesfully forgotten about "Save Superman".

Ah, the good ol' days...

You know, for all the awful things that can be said about Save Superman...in the end they were right. There was no Superman Returns sequel. That's always been somewhat interesting to me.

To say Save Superman was right is like what I call the "Crazed Weatherman" theory. A psycho weatherman who screams at the TV day after day swearing that it was going to rain. And it never does. :dry:

But then one day it finally rains and they act like all those days, weeks, months of being wrong are suddenly null and void?

The funniest part of the SS is what few guys are there left now pretend like they never believed their leader and now openly insult him.

Last edited:
Precisely. It could be the most incredibly exciting action film ever made but I won't give a crap if Supes isn't portrayed well.

Exactly! As long as they don't portray Superman as a boyscout, then everything will be just fine.

I thought the lens flares added a great other-worldly vibe to Star Trek. Loved em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"