The Amazing Spider-Man TASM Easter eggs, foreshadowing, and other references!

Yah.

Mitt Romney.

A flip-flopper of topics.
Haha yeah I knew you meant Romney but I was a little surprised that you brought politics into this. I know this isn't exactly the place for it, but I'm guessing you support Obama?

Haha yeah I knew you meant Romney but I was a little surprised that you brought politics into this. I know this isn't exactly the place for it, but I'm guessing you support Obama?
Let's not go there, shall we? Debating over comic book movies creates enough conflict here as it is, so let's not bring politics into this.

Going back to Easter eggs, I think its pretty cool that Spider-Man's spider sense goes off after we get a glimpse of the bridge. Would a film hint towards something that would occur two films later though? I've asked several people who all feel that its more likely Gwen will get killed in the next movie, perhaps towards the end.

Sorry about that. I think the spider-sense just went off because he was following the cops to a crime scene and his spider-sense might have been working the same way that it had when Lizard was on the bridge.

Sorry about that. I think the spider-sense just went off because he was following the cops to a crime scene and his spider-sense might have been working the same way that it had when Lizard was on the bridge.
Didn't Marc Webb confirm that there was an easter egg in the final swing? Or was that just Shocker's pants?

The easter egg was the George Washington Bridge (where Gwen Stacy died)
I posted a picture of it a few pages back

Did anyone notice "Lets begin on Page 1"a possible referce to the triliogy starting?

I'm actually a Republican, so you can tell I didn't bother to vote when my party had some *****e, lol.

But, let's not get into politics. I made the comment as a joke, and not to get into a discussion of politics.

I understand, my mistake for talking about it longer than it had to be talked about.

Did anyone notice "Lets begin on Page 1"a possible referce to the triliogy starting?

I did :cwink:

I believe absolutely everything the teacher said at the end meant something more.

"There is only one, "who am I""
"Well, we can always count on you"
"Ok class, lets begin on page one"

"There is only one plot, who am I?"..that's what this version of Peter is searching for. Who is he? Why did his parents leave him? Pretty sure even Marc mentioned that in the commentary.

I have to watch the movie with the commentary now.

If you completely tune out Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach, then the commentary is awesome.

If you completely tune out Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach, then the commentary is awesome.
Isn't Matt Tolmach the replacement for Grant Curtis?

I remember hearing an interview from Tolmach, where all he talked about was the 3D in the movie, and how amazing it was.

Of course they were, no doubt about that, but it's not the essence of Peter, really, when the parents never played such a pivotal role as Uncle Ben. The 'Untold Story' is trying to give the parents this big role in this story of Spider-Man and it's unnecessary, imo.
They do in the Ultimate comics
But I agree with you,they should have concentrated on a better and different screenplay to make the movie different

"Logic" as in me saying I wanted to see Spidey save others. So the same "logic" should mean Batman should have gone up to protect people that Joker wasn't going to hurt....or that Joker should have leave, something you didn't bring up until another post brought it up, haha.
Because Leaving does show that he didnt hurt them.
I dont think you can assume so easily that Joker wasnt going to hurt anyone else
As I said,its safer to assume that the cars wont burst into flames

Two people gave him answers in their own way of Dent not being there. Expect Joker to waste more time, especially with Batman having taking out his goons and who could quickly be back in the penthouse in a matter of minutes?
Showing him leave wouldnt have hurt
As I said,we are left to assume

So this:
was not specified to me?
Everybody was discussing that scene and I gave my opinion
It wasnt specified to anyone in particular

I don't see what's wrong with having an emphasis on a part of Peter that's never really been explored in other movies.

At least they're TRYING to do something different, as opposed to having this be a contemporary version of the previous trilogy, word by word, scene for scene.

I don't see what's wrong with having an emphasis on a part of Peter that's never really been explored in other movies.

At least they're TRYING to do something different, as opposed to having this be a contemporary version of the previous trilogy, word by word, scene for scene.

Which is why I said a different and creative screeplay would have been a whole lot better
Also maybe a different kind of villian.We have already seen the mad-scientist-gone-crazy type twice with Spider-man

:up:

Which is why I said a different and creative screeplay would have been a whole lot better
Also maybe a different kind of villian.We have already seen the mad-scientist-gone-crazy type twice with Spider-man

Thing is that his best villains, Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Lizard, are all mad scientists. We probably won't see Doc Ock in this trilogy at all, and we already have the Lizard. So if we see another mad scientist, it would probably be Green Goblin, and not until the third movie.

My friend who studies cinema was telling me that although the mad scientist routine gets repetitive, it shows how Peter is also a scientist, but is able to use his knowledge for good, where the villains make mistakes and end up doing something evil.

Yah.

Mitt Romney.

A flip-flopper of topics.

Obama has flip-flopped on every issue and has broken every one of his promises and panders to every class or group just to get elected/be liked. Both were scum.

Not to get political, but both weren't exactly spotless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"