The Amazing Spider-Man 2 TASM2 vs. Other Marvel 2014 Movies - Part 1

Spider-Fan has a point, look at some of the links for CBMs that I listed a few posts ago that the consensus are they are some of the worst of the franchises or at best mediocre getting really high marks when they first came out.

I've stated that for the most part in terms of CBMs the creme rises to the top and on the other side of the spectrum, things tend to settle.

I think the biggest problem with TASM2 is that it is by no means one of the worst comic films made (it's not nearly bad enough to be put in that same bracket) but that it's one of the most disappointing. The problem is that they got so many things very, very right that we got this little glow of hope...and then they got others so very, very wrong. It showed us that it had the potential to be great, only to take it away. And as such, it's one of the most disappointing comic films I've ever watched. Especially disappointing for me as a Spider-man fan, because I have yet to get what I consider a truly satisfying Spider-man film.

Ditto.

Oh well. I suppose I can always go watch SSM on youtube. :(

Youtube?? The series is now available on Blu ray. You need to get on that. :yay:

At least in my case, it's true I'm not as vocal about my like for the film as others are in the opposite spectrum. I spent a few days to a week or two on these boards after the film came out, and quickly got tired and annoyed with defending the film. Then I just left elsewhere. I talked to at least 2 others on here that did the same (won't mention names).

To a certain degree, it's "fun" for people to critique a film they don't like - I know from past experiences - but it's almost never fun to be the guy always defending a thing they like with multiple responses. It's because you're more attached to the film in the latter case and the constant need to repeat yourself and respond to others gets very tiring. It drains the fun out of you. It's how human psychology works, for whatever reason. So I really can't blame the other side not being as vocal.

For me after watching it and watching it after seeing TWS, DOFP and GOTG, TASM2 just sticks out as a missed opportunity.

Are you talking about the new movies or One More Day?

I guess both would work but I wasn't around here when One More Day happened, I joined here to talk about Spidey 4 and a reboot was announced a little later and the madness began.

Guys, cut the whining out! If someone else starts bashing other posters, you can expect an infraction. I'm sick of this bullcrap.

Also, RAIMI vs WEBB HAS A DANG THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DISCUSS IT THERE!!!!! DO YOU GUYS READ THE LITTLE WORDS I POST IN ANNOUNCEMENTS! THEY'RE IMPORTANT!

Learn to follow directions, or I'm going to really come down hard on you guys. ALL sides. This means no Raimi vs Webb discussions ANYWHERE and zero tolerence for the topic. With infractions for people who try to start the war again. Do you all want that? I don't. It's a lot of work. But so is fanning the flames of bullcrap like this.

I'm moving the Raimi vs Webb posts to the Raimi vs Webb thread. Please, continue this there. CIVILLY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"