The Amazing Spider-Man Reboot composer? - Part 1

[YT]DYZKz5TRMy4[/YT]
Post it long ago but here is Spiderman´s(Raimi) with James Horner "Promises/End Credits"
Pretty cool, man! It is quite interesting to hear Horner's score with Raimi's Spider-Man. I wonder if Danny's score fits into the final swing in TASM...

Really hope they'll replace Horner.

they can probably do better if they wanted hell i love x men 2 theme and x3 theme both different composers

Except I LOVE this theme far more than those and would hate to see it replaced.

I love this theme.

The opening feels like spiders on a web.
Minus all the sounds I cant make out....
Then we go to "da dad daddddaaaddaaaa"

Then back to random Helicopter noises.

I really love this theme over the old one.

I really hope they don't.
Ditto. I want Horner and Webb remaining for the trilogy.

I thought Horner's score was a good one. Love the main theme, especially Peter's emotional theme as Elevator Man calls it. Really nice, intimate and feeling grand at the same time. Elfman's sound is my favourite, but this is an admirable effort all the same. The sounds appearing throughout the score, ala the twinkling in 'The Briefcase' just feel right, as does the ethereal vibe of 'The Spider-Room'.

The main theme was all wrong,too thriumphant.

Doesnt even come close to the one in Raimi's series imo.Nothing beats that theme playing over the Marvel-Flipping-comics logo in the beginning of the Movie

Last edited:
The main theme was all wrong,too thrimphant.Doesnt even come close to the one in Raimi's series imo

Good :D

I truly love Horners score. For me, I felt nothing with Elfmans. It was just meh IMO. But this was grand stuff.

Really hope he comes back for the remaining films :)

The main theme was all wrong,too thriumphant.

Doesnt even come close to the one in Raimi's series imo.Nothing beats that theme playing over the Marvel-Flipping-comics logo in the beginning of the Movie

I enjoyed the main theme. It sounded like an epic score not like Danny's dark score. They are great composers but Horner, in my opinion, made a better job with the score.:woot:

I agree with those that would like Horner to return. I really enjoyed what he came up with for TAS-M. I just hope he doesn't rehash his TAS-M score. Hopefully (if Horner returns) he takes the next score to next level. We don't want another Spider-man 2 fiasco, where the director forces the composer to follow the temp tracks of the original film and certain films. Eventhough Elfman refused to do so the score ended up being tracked in anyway with most of the temp music. So hopefully (if Horner returns) Webb pushes him to right direction. And delivers another great score, imo.

And not to get off topic but since Project862006 brought it up.

they can probably do better if they wanted hell i love x men 2 theme and x3 theme both different composers

I enjoy both scores as well as Kamen's. I bet Ottman is going to score XM:OFP since Singer will now direct. If so I wonder if he'll bring back his X2 fanfare or compose a new theme entirely.

I agree with those that would like Horner to return. I really enjoyed what he came up with for TAS-M. I just hope he doesn't rehash his TAS-M score. Hopefully (if Horner returns) he takes the next score to next level. We don't want another Spider-man 2 fiasco, where the director forces the composer to follow the temp tracks of the original film and certain films. Eventhough Elfman refused to do so the score ended up being tracked in anyway with most of the temp music. So hopefully (if Horner returns) Webb pushes him to right direction. And delivers another great score, imo.

What do you mean by 'rehash?' I certainly expect Horner to reuse the main motifs found in ASM and I'm also sure he'll build upon them. Considering this set of films is at the very least going to be a trilogy, I would think that the themes found in the music would carry over from one film to the next for continuity.

If Horner returns he'll HAVE to use the main title, but if he decides to come up with something even better... then I'm up for that! I can't imagine how an Electro theme would sound like! or a Norman/Green Goblin theme would sound like! can't wait! :D

What do you mean by 'rehash?' I certainly expect Horner to reuse the main motifs found in ASM and I'm also sure he'll build upon them. Considering this set of films is at the very least going to be a trilogy, I would think that the themes found in the music would carry over from one film to the next for continuity.

I expect Horner to reuse themes and build up on 'em. Most film composers do that when they return for sequels. What I meant was I hope he doesn't reuse cues (like the way Zimmer did with TDK trilogy scores) without any difference in 'em. I hope he builds on the themes and takes 'em in different directions where we haven't heard already.

Last edited:
I enjoyed Elfman's theme but have always said, it felt more like a re-worked version of his Batman theme than a truly distinctive Spider-man theme to me. Horner's theme had this earnest, hopeful and playful quality that just fit Spidey's personality so much more, imo. Plus, I find it to be catchy as hell. Every time I talk about it I get this burning desire to start humming it, lol.

I expect Horner to reuse themes and build up on 'em. Most film composers do that when they return for sequels. What I meant was I hope he doesn't reuse cues (like the way Zimmer did with TDK trilogy scores) without any difference in 'em. I hope he builds on the themes and takes 'em in different directions where we haven't heard already.

Actually, there are alot of different orchestrated cues for TDK trilogy. So nah. :up:

I like what Horner did, but I don't want that weird Jungle-like la-ing. It worked, but very barely did it. I enjoy Young's SM3 score the most out of all though.

As much as I love Horner's score, I feel this film needed a different type of score.

His score was so whimsical and cartoony.

It's not at all bad but I felt it never really created any tension.

I hope the TASM theme is used again, but a different composer should be used.

One other thing. IMO, the score was always at its best when he minimize the horns and upped the strings. A example being Metamorphosis.

[YT]jYt6HeLspf4[/YT]

Last edited:
I've heard many from various sites complain about Horner's score in the film. I hope Webb and co. won't get turn off by the complaints and end up hiring another composer for the sequel. Though I didn't have any problems with the score, but maybe for the sequel Webb and co. (including Horner hopefully) will fix the problems fans have had with it .

Also I don't get why some believe it's too cartoon-y for the film. I guess b/c Horner's score lacks that "generic" Zimmer touch. Seriously the movie deals with a teenager who becomes a superhero after getting bit by a genetically altered spider, a mad scientist who mutates into a lizard, and Connor's big plan is mutating everybody in NY into lizards like him. I'm not bashing the film, but the point I'm making is it's a comic book movie. It doesn't matter if it was more grounded in reality than Raimi's trilogy. I think Horner captured the core of TAS-M perfectly. Face it a lot of you that complain about the score being cartoon-y or goofy (when really it's just an old school approach to scoring) aren't use to this type of music in a 2012 film. Just too use to that MV/RC Zimmer approach, which is a shame.

I doubt Marc will get another guy. In the Blu Ray disc 2 he said something like: "He is great blah blah blah I got chills with the main theme blah blah blah... " Somethin like that. If I was Marc I wouldnt change James Horner for anybody else :D

Ahh ok, that makes sense. Yeah, I'm in agreement with that idea.

I actually like the original theme song to be followed up in the sequels
But I didnt like the one in TASM,I am all in to have it modified/changed

I doubt Marc will get another guy. In the Blu Ray disc 2 he said something like: "He is great blah blah blah I got chills with the main theme blah blah blah... " Somethin like that. If I was Marc I wouldnt change James Horner for anybody else :D
Indeed. I'm fine with building on material, but moving completely away from the main theme Horner established for the other movies would be a mistake.

The main theme should definitely be kept.

But other than that, we need entirely new material. I am kinda hoping they get Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross for TASM2.

Last edited:
There's any main tiheme? I'd hire Clint Mansell, Cliff Martinez or John Murphy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"