The Amazing Spider-Man Reboot composer? - Part 1

The main theme should definitely be kept.

But other than that, we need entirely new material.

The main theme, the romance theme for Gwen and Pete should be there also. I fully expect those ideas to be fleshed out some more for the sequel but yeah, there will def be some new stuff, i.e. Electro theme, etc.

I am kinda hoping they get Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross for TASM2.

Really? I'm not much into either one so I'd pass on those choices.

Horner's ASM is the first score I've bought for ages. I liked it so much I felt I had to buy it. Metamorphosis being the stand out for me.

Metamorphosis is one of my favs from the score. Another mention is for The Spider Room-Rumble in the Subway.

I loved Spidey's theme in this waay better than the theme in the original trilogy. But the music in the fight scenes are lacking especially the school fight scene

^^^Agreed. I thought Horner did an excellent job. This is how you score a superhero movie. I hope Zimmer remembers that when he begins scoring MOS.

Webb loved Horner's score (as did I, wonderful stuff), so I'm sure he will try to get him back to score ASM2.

he mentioned he liked the touch from the theme after the yelling, i liked that too, the theme is good after the yelling

Somebody posted this video on another forum. And I thought I'd share it since the first 5:20 deals with Horner's score.

[YT]4ZhpBCALeHA[/YT]

For the love of God, get a new composer for the sequel.
No.

I loved Horner's work, and I will welcome his return (and considering Webb loves what he brought to the table, as mentioned above, it seems pretty likely).

They seriously need to keep the main theme.

If they got a new composer and a new theme, that would be pretty inconsistent, which makes for an imperfect series.

The main theme in TASM is too prominent to completely abandon.

No.

I loved Horner's work, and I will welcome his return (and considering Webb loves what he brought to the table, as mentioned above, it seems pretty likely).

I really hope he comes back. I could listen to his score all day. Horner is, seriously, one of the best. Getting him for Spidey was a great bit of business :)

They seriously need to keep the main theme.

If they got a new composer and a new theme, that would be pretty inconsistent, which makes for an imperfect series.

The main theme in TASM is too prominent to completely abandon.

Kind of like what happened to the X-Men movies. The main trilogy should have ONE theme.

I think they should keep Horner's theme, but make a few different variations out of it. Perhaps it could be louder, faster, etc.

I like the music, it has seriously grown on me since I first heard it.

I think Horner's work is growing on me a bit, I like it somewhat more than I did before
I still hope for a composer who can hit the mark perfectly well as Elfman did

I like the music, it has seriously grown on me since I first heard it.

I feel the same. I still had Elfman's theme playing in my head as I went to see ASM in the theaters so it took a bit longer to get used to Horner's work. The music was not something I was expecting to hear which I count as a good thing since most CBMs have these thunderous over-the-top themes. Horner did a wonderful job at throwing a curve ball in there and the way he works the themes is well done. I still like Elfman's work though especially the score for SM2.

Congrats to Mr. Horner for recieving a IFMCA nomination for his TAS-M score.

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE FOR AN ACTION/ADVENTURE/THRILLER FILM

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, music by James Horner
DANS LA MAISON, music by Philippe Rombi
THE DARK KNIGHT RISES, music by Hans Zimmer
SKYFALL, music by Thomas Newman
ZERO DARK THIRTY, music by Alexandre Desplat

http://filmmusiccritics.org/2013/02/ifmca-nominations-2012/

I only wish they would've nominated one of his cues (particularly "Saving New York") from TAS-M for "Film Music Composition Of The Year". Oh well.

And I'm shocked Silvestri's Avengers didn't have any nominations. It should've been nominated in the same category TAS-M was nominated. In fact I would replace Zimmer's TDKR with Silvestri's Avengers. Zimmer's TDKR didn't deserve to be nominated, imo. Oh well at least Horner's TAS-M got recognition. I hope it wins but IFMCA will probably give it to Newman's Skyfall or Zimmer's TDKR sadly.

Last edited:
Congrats to Mr. Horner for recieving a IFMCA nomination for his TAS-M score.

I only wish they would've nominated one of his cues (particularly "Saving New York") from TAS-M for "Film Music Composition Of The Year". Oh well.

And I'm shocked Silvestri's Avengers didn't have any nominations. It should've been nominated in the same category TAS-M was nominated. In fact I would replace Zimmer's TDKR with Silvestri's Avengers. Zimmer's TDKR didn't deserve to be nominated, imo. Oh well at least Horner's TAS-M got recognition. I hope it wins but IFMCA will probably give it to Newman's Skyfall or Zimmer's TDKR sadly.

:shock someone liked Horner score, i like it but everyone says Elfman´s better

I like Horner's score alot..but Young's score was the best Spidey score yet.

Definately liked Horner's score more than Elfman's score. Horner's was more subtle and nuanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"