The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love for Norman to take over organized crime, or start to in Spidey 2, like his original intention in the comics. Maybe a gang war with Tombstone/Silvermane/Hammerhead for 3. A crime movie with 3 sorta-super villains and GG being the main bad. Gwen dies, and Spidey 4 is Sinister Six.
I was kind of hoping the Marvel Mobs were okay for tv and Agents of SHIELD could have them too

I would love for Norman to take over organized crime, or start to in Spidey 2, like his original intention in the comics. Maybe a gang war with Tombstone/Silvermane/Hammerhead for 3. A crime movie with 3 sorta-super villains and GG being the main bad. Gwen dies, and Spidey 4 is Sinister Six.

I'd like for Gwen to be saved for a third film, the inclusion of Tombstone or Hammer head would be fantastic. Spidey doesn't just tackle super villains and it would be great for Goblin to gain legions of followers.

I actually saw Electro for the first time the other day. LOVED the look, tho in a way he almost looks like Arnold's Mr Freeze

Yeah yeah, but a "cooler" Mr. Freeze right?
Felicity Jones said she is the Goblin's girlfriend,but she never said Green Goblin.Harry could be Hobgoblin.

Yeah I kinda hope not though, I'd like for Harry to be GG instead of Hobgoblin if he ends up being one of the Goblins. Norman using his son.

loved reading that more in-depth footage description :up:

still, no detail on electro's outfit during the times square scene D:

HEY DUDE WHY ARE YOU PLAYING SPIDER MAN 2 I THINK IT IS SOME DIFFICULT WHICH MAKES IT SOME BORING SO YOU SHOULD PLAY MAX PAYNE 2 OR FREEDOM FIGHTER OR MARIO WHICH IS AWESOME GAMES ..
BUT IF YOU HAVE PLAY THESE ALL GAMES SO YOU SHOLD TRY TO PLAY CRICKET.............

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

FYI, Spider-man 2 happens to be a very beautiful game.

I was kind of hoping the Marvel Mobs were okay for tv and Agents of SHIELD could have them too

Hopefully they can share:csad:

Silvermane is Maggia, right? I imagine he'd be owned by Sony, but Madame Masque is Captain America/Iron Man villain and she's also Maggia I believe.... Hmm....

Doc Ock- legions. Yes. Legions. Beautiful word to describe what I want. I want him OWNING the underworld (after "convincing" other Marvel mob bosses to follow him).

It still feels like yesterday when the first official pic of Andrew was released for The Amazing Spider-Man. And then all those other pics. Those set pics of Peter and Gwen on the bleachers. Now we're already into the second film. Time really does fly.

We better get at least some solid pics while waiting for the trailer

this sucks...

HEY DUDE WHY ARE YOU PLAYING SPIDER MAN 2 I THINK IT IS SOME DIFFICULT WHICH MAKES IT SOME BORING SO YOU SHOULD PLAY MAX PAYNE 2 OR FREEDOM FIGHTER OR MARIO WHICH IS AWESOME GAMES ..
BUT IF YOU HAVE PLAY THESE ALL GAMES SO YOU SHOLD TRY TO PLAY CRICKET.............

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Wtf is going on in here?

your prediction was wrong and i'll never forgive you.

jks

just like I said, I was influenced with what I wanted to happen rather than what I thought would happen :csad:

anyway, how long do you think we'll have to wait for a trailer? If they have unfinished effects and stuff we probably wont get it next week either

Video of Andrew talking about his EW quote about Spidey's sexuality. Confirms that what he said was taken way too seriously.

[YT]sRQmK4AoIaI[/YT]

Did he say "Malaysian"? I'm Malaysian and a proud Spidey fanboy! :woot: Wohoo! But seriously, does Andrew has any Malaysian links, anyone?

Felicity Jones said she is the Goblin's girlfriend,but she never said Green Goblin.Harry could be Hobgoblin.

Marc said in an interview yesterday, prior to the panel, that it's Norman who Felicity's character is in a relationship with.

So when she said Goblin, she meant the GREEN GOBLIN. I.E. Norman in this movie.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Don-...2-Green-Goblin-Still-Norman-Osborn-38611.html

Our intrepid Spider-Man obsessive Sean O'Connell is wandering around San Diego buzzing like a hornet right now, having just interviewed The Amazing Spider-Man 2's director Marc Webb and producer Matt Tolmach. He got a ton of great information, and will be bringing it all to you this afternoon as Sony prepares to kick off their big Hall H panel for the movie, but for now we can tell you that Webb helped us clear up a major rumor that was circling online-- and one that we admit we helped spread.

In a recent interview the British actress Felicity Jones let slip that, while the name of her Amazing Spider-Man 2 character is still a secret, she's "the Goblin's girlfriend." That got us all turned around, assuming that Harry Osborn-- played by Dane DeHaan in the film-- would be taking over the Green Goblin mantle, even though we haven't yet his father Norman, who traditionally becomes the Green Goblin first.

Luckily while talking to Marc Webb today he clarified one very small but very crucial thing for us: Jones's character has a "special relationship" with Norman Osborn, not Harry.

Now that's a little creepy, given that Jones is 29 and Cooper is 62, but it makes a lot more sense for Spider-Man fans. If Jones is playing the Goblin's girlfriend in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, that means that Norman will become the Goblin this time. If they follow standard Spider-Man canon (and the plot line established in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man films), Norman Osborn will be defeated by Spider-Man, leading Harry to take on the Green Goblin mantle and go to war against Peter Parker, his closest friend.

Though we're now expecting the film's Hall H panel to reveal Norman Osborn becoming the Green Goblin, the central villain of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is still Electro, and if the Green Goblin makes an appearance, it will be a small one. We're still operating on the assumption that Webb is mapping out a gigantic cinematic universe around Spider-Man, and a lot of what he told Sean in the interviews confirms that (without saying it out loud, of course). But Felicity Jones didn't get that Goblin info from nowhere… and now that we know she's teaming up with Norman, that gives us a pretty strong sense that the Green Goblin transformation will happen before The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is over.

Last edited:
just like I said, I was influenced with what I wanted to happen rather than what I thought would happen :csad:

anyway, how long do you think we'll have to wait for a trailer? If they have unfinished effects and stuff we probably wont get it next week either

matt tolmach said in the fall, so yeah.

I'd like for Gwen to be saved for a third film, the inclusion of Tombstone or Hammer head would be fantastic. Spidey doesn't just tackle super villains and it would be great for Goblin to gain legions of followers.

Yeah yeah, but a "cooler" Mr. Freeze right?

Yeah I kinda hope not though, I'd like for Harry to be GG instead of Hobgoblin if he ends up being one of the Goblins. Norman using his son.
Yeah I just couldn't see the old lightning mask on the screen like Wolverine's Yellow costume either

Last edited:

As far as Wilson Fisk goes, they are.

Marvel and Sony share the rights to Wilson Fisk.

So if Marvel wants to use him in Agents of SHIELD, they can.

I was hoping for blue Electro,but I was hoping for an Electro that was in electricty form,not a blue skin guy with pinkish electricity running through his body.

Hopefully they can share:csad:

Silvermane is Maggia, right? I imagine he'd be owned by Sony, but Madame Masque is Captain America/Iron Man villain and she's also Maggia I believe.... Hmm....

Doc Ock- legions. Yes. Legions. Beautiful word to describe what I want. I want him OWNING the underworld (after "convincing" other Marvel mob bosses to follow him).
I'm sure there will be Kingpin at some point like Doc said, I was just diggin' the look of the Owl and Hammerhead in the Age of Ultron Book, and could totally see them in a tv show

eh, i can hold heavy things, but it's another thing to be able to lift/hold them over my head.

to me, this is a much more amazing display of his strength.

You do realise that in SM2 he stopped a speeding train full of people right ??

Where is the in depth description?

Where is the in depth description?

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/63339

Then they showed some footage. They just wrapped, but they cut something together to show the fans. Some greenscreens and storyboards remained, but with only a cursory mention of that the lights went down and the first footage from The Amazing Spider-Man 2 rolled.

Footage stars with a big construction truck barreling down a New York street, smashing cars as it goes. Cop cars give chase and so does Spider-Man, who webslings onto the top of one cop car, jumping to another and then another, getting closer to the truck. “You know what it is I love about being Spider-Man? Everything.” He gets onto the truck and we see it's Paul Giamatti playing Aleksei Sytsevich, aka RHINO is driving (pre-suit).

Man is he pissed. Screaming in Russian, trying to fire his uzi when Spidey lands on the hood and leans into the open driver's side window.

That cuts to Peter Parker having a confrontation with Aunt May in the laundry room. She stops him from putting a load of laundry in the wash. “The last time you did it you turned everything blue and red.” Peter sputters for a second, but comes up with a save. “I was washing... the... the American flag. My flag...” “No one washes a flag!” “Not anymore!” Stern look from Aunt May and Peter gives up. “Alright, laundry Sheriff!”

The next bit we see a big street fight where (if I remember correctly) a car is hurtled through the air right at comb-over version of Max Dillon. Spidey swings in and pushes him out of the way. Max is in awe. “Spider-Man?” “Yeah, I guess the costume gives it away, huh Max?” “How did you know my name?” “Your badge,” he says, pointing to his Oscorp ID hanging off his white coat.

The crowd is chanting “Spidey! Spidey” over and over again during this talk. “Nobody knows my name... I'm a nobody.” Spider-Man puts up to fingers close to his mouth and says, “Lick that.” Dillon licks his fingers and Spider-Man starts finger-combing down Max's messy combover with his newly moistened fingers while giving him a quick peptalk. “You're not a nobody, you're a somebody! You're my eyes and ears out here!” Then swings away.

We next get a bit of Spidey confronting Aleksei (again, no suit), webbing his feet to the ground. “Ah, you are a funny guy!” he screams while aiming a big gun. Spidey web-ties one hand, pulls the gun away with another strand, then ties his other hand before doing one final move, using his webs to pull down Aleksei's pants, revealing colorful boxers.

Then we see Gwen riding in an elevator with Max, both watching the news playing on a TV monitor on the elevator wall. Spidey is saving the day somewhere, Max is watching in awe, Gwen with worry. “It must be pretty cool to have the whole world see you like that. Most people don't notice other people. I wish I was like him...”

Gwen's worry triggers a new short bit between Gwen and Peter. She tells him “You're Spider-Man and I love that about you, but I love Peter Parker more.” “This is my path,” he replies. It was around this point that they showed Gwen in a familiar blue trenchcoat looking somberly out at a bridge in the distance. If they follow the books this is going to be a hell of a bit of foreshadowing.

Then we get a little bit of Electro's origins. Jamie is repairing something in a shaft and he gets zapped, sending him falling into a vat below. Inside are electric eels, but he brings in the wires he was holding so everything gets ****ed up in there. Later on we saw glimpses of a heavily charred man walking through a cloud, some of the outer char breaking off. I believe this to be almost a metamorphoses for Electro, but they didn't explicitly show that.

We also get our first look at Chris Cooper's Norman Osborn who is very sickly... like cancer sickly... laying in a bed, talking to his son. “Not everyone has a happy ending,” he tells his son, who looks angry as hell... at the world, at his dad... everything.

Electro's first close up appears here... he's in his hobo clothes, hooded, and we hear him say “I just wanted everybody to see me...” Harry Osborn replies “You will never be invisible again.” Which leads me to believe that Harry's arc is pretty different here. We may see him fall right away into villainhood instead of wait for his dad to go through the Green Goblin stuff.

”Soon everyone in this city will know how it feels to live in my world, a world without power, without mercy... a world without Spider-Man. They will see me for who I truly am... I'm Electro.” Foxx delivers this quietly, not shouting... gives it a creepy edge. It also helps that he's in what looks like Times Square and he starts to float, power gathering around him... his electricity running under his skin.

Suddenly Times Square goes dark, one section blinking out at a time. It's quiet for a beat and then everything explodes. We get flashes of Electro shooting lightning out of his hands Sith-style all around at cars. One goes flying and again Spider-Man swings in. It's a cop car and it's heading straight for a police officer. Spidey catches it mid-air, uses his swing momentum to turn it up over his head and he lands holding it up, very much like the famous Superman comic cover. He turns to the cop, car still over his head, and says, “Need a hand?”

And that was the footage.

Also, Cinema Blend mentioned that in the part of the footage that focused on the Osborns, along with the shot of Gwen in her green jacket, there was a shot of some green vials.

There a montage of action footage. We see a LOT of Spider-Man fight sequences. There are a few things that stood out in the montage. Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone) standing in front of a bridge, with the outline of the structure perfectly framed-- clearly asking us to think of the "Death of Gwen Stacy" comics arc. A quick shot of green vials … maybe Goblin serum? And a quick shot of Norman Osborn (Chris Cooper), in bed – sick – and speaking with Harry (Dane DeHaan).

Take that as you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"