• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, true, I was posting thinking from his POV. Maybe... Hobbit?

Only if I get to watch it with you and laugh at your misery.:hehe:

"While it was previously reported that production on Marc Webb's The Amazing Spider-Man 2 would be heading to Rochester, New York at some point, ABC 13 WHAM now has a few more details about the shoot.

Set to shoot in Rochester the first two weeks of May, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is planning to film a car chase scene along the city's Main Street. There's no word yet on how much of an impact the production will make to Rochester residents."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=102407

We knew about the chase scene filming in rochester, but didn't know til now that it was a car chase. Potentially could have been a scene involving rhino rampaging with spidey after him.

anyway, just thought i'd post given the new tidbit.

I'm guessing a scene where spidey chases after thugs? Then again, maybe it will be something much more narrative relevant, who knows.

Rochester NY, Main street specifically can fill in perfectly for Queens and or some parts of Manhattan. So thats cool.

"While it was previously reported that production on Marc Webb's The Amazing Spider-Man 2 would be heading to Rochester, New York at some point, ABC 13 WHAM now has a few more details about the shoot.

Set to shoot in Rochester the first two weeks of May, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is planning to film a car chase scene along the city's Main Street. There's no word yet on how much of an impact the production will make to Rochester residents."

We knew about the chase scene filming in rochester, but didn't know til now that it was a car chase. Potentially could have been a scene involving rhino rampaging with spidey after him.

I'm guessing a scene where spidey chases after thugs? Then again, maybe it will be something much more narrative relevant, who knows.

Definitely not Spider-Man related. Rochester looks NOTHING like NYC. Sounds like something different. Of course, they could use camera tricks to make it seem like NYC, but I doubt they'd go to Rochester for that...

Definitely not Spider-Man related. Rochester looks NOTHING like NYC. Sounds like something different. Of course, they could use camera tricks to make it seem like NYC, but I doubt they'd go to Rochester for that...

um, it's been confirmed that it is for tasm2........

Yeah they are in Rochester......I know people behind the scenes. Their status updates are from there.

it seems more and more likely Rhino will be in this film

i think Rhino won't have an origin he will just be there with spidey tracking him down and in the background we will be watching electros origin building up

sounds like could be a good action scene

it seems more and more likely Rhino will be in this film

i think Rhino won't have an origin he will just be there with spidey tracking him down and in the background we will be watching electros origin building up

sounds like could be a good action scene

He's in this film. Being played by Paul Giamatti.

The scene near MJ's job will be the big action sequence he appears in.

thought it wasn't confirmed yet

Its confirmed.

Well, Sony themselves haven't confirmed his role as being Rhino, but they confirmed him as being in the film. THR's report specifically stated though that he was playing Rhino. And with the set photos we've gotten(thrown cars during an action scene as well as a photo of Russian tattoos), its a safe bet that he's Rhino.

Hurray! I can finally make plans to visit the set.

Not to beat a dead horse but does anybody have any thoughts on that intro scene idea I posted a page or two back? I mean if it's that bad just lemme know XD

The movie begins with a quick scene in Norman Osborn's office. He's decrepit and sick but attempting to hide it. Some Oscorp staff tells him there's a problem with some machine. Osborn looks to the electrician who's already in his office fixing some thing on the wall. It's Max Dillon. Osborn says something like "Electrician! When you're done with that see to this malfunctioning machine problem." Under his breath Dillon says something like "I have a name.." Osborn goes "What did you say?!?" Dillon goes "Nothing..." and holds his tongue.

Cut to after work Dillon is walking home on the streets of NY. Then cut to a church. Dillon stands in line to give a confession. He gets to the front fo the line and enters the confession box. He confesses to the priest that he feels anger that he can't control over being treating like trash. And that he's been thinking violent thoughts. The priest blesses him and asks him what he is thankful to God for. Dillon contemplates then says he's thankful for his mother (who he lives alone with) and then he says "And Im thankful this city feels a little safer these days. I'm thankful for Spider-Man.."

Then BOOM! The wall of the church explodes shattering a giant cross. Spider-Man goes flying through the debris and lands in a pew, bleeding.

"It's just one of those days..." says Spider-Man as eh gains his composure and looks up. Through the gaping hole in the church wall rushes The Rhino.

Rhino I imagine being a cross-species mutation huge version of Giamatti like how Ifans' Lizard was. (not my preferred look but the one I think would be oka) Rhino yells "I'll squash you like a bug!" or some dumb Rhino style lines.

A fight ensues. A big one. The church is almost entirely destroyed and the battle is taken out to the parking lot where Rhino is ripping apart cars and charging/swiping at Spidey as church goers cower inside the remains of the church.

Dillon notices a generator and asks the priest if its' running/working. The priest says it's been broken. Dillon says "Im an electrician" and rushes to the generator to fix it. He fixes it and gets it running then yells to SPidey to have RHino charge at it. Spidey does so. Rhino gets shocked and passes out. End fo battle.

Spidey says "Hey thanks! Whats your name?"

Max smiles. Someone is actually asking his name. "Max. Max Dillon he says."

My thoughts are that this scene could accomplish a lot in one scene:

-sets up Dillon as a genuis electrician
-forms an idolization respect for Spidey in Dillon
-features Rhino in a cool battle (Rhino could be detained only to re appear later, maybe even to be released by Electro once he's gone full on power mad at everyone or by Osborn)
-Dillon could also tell Spidey he works for Oscorp and has seen blueprints for Rhino before. Spidey could set up with Dillon so that DIllon is his eyes and ears in Oscorp since he has trouble getting past security himself.

Spidey would swing fof after this to meet Gwen somewhere or somethign and the real story would begin. But what say you a bout an opening scene liek this?

The first scene of Dillon at Oscorp would be super brief and just setup how Dillon is treated like **** for the payoff with Spidey later.
I would prefer he refered to him by some other name."Electrician" sounds seriously corny.

Other than that it's a good idea!

My cousin lives less than 30 minutes away from where they are filming in Rochester.

I would prefer he refered to him by some other name."Electrician" sounds seriously corny.

Other than that it's a good idea!

Haha good point. He could just say "You!" or something lol

In all seriousness I wrote all that pretty quickly and without any details just to get the general idea across.

I guess my main hope is that the first scene cleverly introduces a lotfo major players/concepts at once so less time is spent on exposition. One thing that's lame in movies like Spider-Man and Captain America (two that came to mind) is as our hero's story is going the movie keeps cutting to the whole "MEANWHILE BACK AT THE BAD GUY's PLACE!" thing. This is necessary but in a sequel like TASM2 I'd love if things got rolling right away instead of "Scene 1: Peter meets Harry. Scene 2: Max gets hired. 2" Peter meets MJ Scene 3: Max gets fired." I dunno if what I'm trying to say makes any sense... :p

Psyched for a first look in the coming months! NEED FOR ELECTRICITY IN THY VEINS!

So I guess they are going for a full on "electric" look where he's kind of pure electricity huh? Rather than just a guy in the suit. Hm. Not sure how I feel about this, although the pure electricity thing is more fun to look at.

Same girl also posted this - "By the way, @iamjamiefoxx is KILLING his role as Electro. And he likes to do Michael Jackson dance moves in between takes. LOL"

..haha at least we know he's doing good.

I'm telling ya, all this "silvery blue" talk makes me think he's gonna look like......
21n3z7r.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"