The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stock exchange. Center frame for about twenty seconds (the guy in blue).

I'll probably be able to use that to get in on this.

There were explosions that day too, so I've been around stunts before.

Last edited:
The stock exchange. Center frame for about twenty seconds (the guy in blue).

I'll probably be able to use that to get in on this.

There were explosions that day too, so I've been around stunts before.

:up:

"@MarcW: Day 41. #cubism"
2qs47jp.jpg

^ so strange haha. Just looks like some exec's desk at Oscorp I'm guessing.

^ so strange haha. Just looks like some exec's desk at Oscorp I'm guessing.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was Chris Cooper. That'd be so mean if it were, our first look and no way to know and such a small one haha

I see a hand in the reflection. Obviously this is a hint of Sandman and his ever-changing hands.

soo i say the fake Times square set will be ready by next week and we could finally see action , what do you think?

Okay so I was contemplating a good way to start TASM2...this may be a good way or just a dumb idea but I'm curious what you think...

The movie begins with a quick scene in Norman Osborn's office. He's decrepit and sick but attempting to hide it. Some Oscorp staff tells him there's a problem with some machine. Osborn looks to the electrician who's already in his office fixing some thing on the wall. It's Max Dillon. Oscborn says something like "Electrician! When youre done with that see to this malfunctioning machine problem." Under his breath Dillon says something like "I have a name.." Osborn goes "What did you say?!?" Dillon goes "Nothing..." and holds his tongue.

Cut to after work Dillon is walking home on the streets of NY. Then cut to a church. Dillon stands in line to give a confession. He gets to the front fo the line and enters the confession box. He confesses to the priest that he feels anger that he can't control over being treating like trash. And that he's been thinking violent thoughts. The priest blesses him and asks him what he is thankful to God for. Dillon contemplates then says he's thankful for his mother (who he lives alone with) and then he says "And Im thankful this city feels a little safer these days. I'm thankful for Spider-Man.."

Then BOOM! The wall of the church explodes shattering a giant cross. Spider-Man goes flying through the debris and lands in a pew, bleeding.

"It's just one of those days..." says Spider-Man as eh gains his composure and looks up. Through the gaping hole in the church wall rushes The Rhino.

Rhino I imagine being a cross-species mutation huge version of Giamatti like how Ifans' Lizard was. (not my preferred look but the one I think would be oka) Rhino yells "I'll squash you like a bug!" or some dumb Rhino style lines.

A fight ensues. A big one. The church is almost entirely destroyed and the battle is taken out to the parking lot where Rhino is ripping apart cars and charging/swiping at Spidey as church goers cower inside the remains of the church.

Dillon notices a generator and asks the priest if its' running/working. The priest says it's been broken. Dillon says "Im an electrician" and rushes to the generator to fix it. He fixes it and gets it running then yells to SPidey to have RHino charge at it. Spidey does so. Rhino gets shocked and passes out. End fo battle.

Spidey says "Hey thanks! Whats your name?"

Max smiles. Someone is actually asking his name. "Max. Max Dillon he says."

My thoughts are that this scene could accomplish a lot in one scene:

-sets up Dillon as a genuis electrician
-forms an idolization respect for Spidey in Dillon
-features Rhino in a cool battle (Rhino could be detained only to re appear later, maybe even to be released by Electro once he's gone full on power mad at everyone or by Osborn)
-Dillon could also tell Spidey he works for Oscorp and has seen blueprints for Rhino before. Spidey could set up with Dillon so that DIllon is his eyes and ears in Oscorp since he has trouble getting past security himself.

Spidey would swing fof after this to meet Gwen somewhere or somethign and the real story would begin. But what say you a bout an opening scene liek this?

The first scene of Dillon at Oscorp would be super brief and just setup how Dillon is treated like **** for the payoff with Spidey later.

THoughts? This was dreamt up by an amateur. It obviously is sorta corny and has plot holes but could be cool if something similar is done.

Note: the whole concept of Electro idolizing Spidey intially, being his eyes and ears, carign about people using his name, and working for Oscorp are all in there to match Jamie Foxx's own description of Electro in the script.

Last edited:
Maybe replace the church with a shady old pawnshop Max frequents run by a guy who never really listens to him, just nods and watches TV.

Maybe replace the church with a shady old pawnshop Max frequents run by a guy who never really listens to him, just nods and watches TV.

Good idea! But I thought having Norman mistreat Dillon would give him fuel/a reason for hating Osborn and would give him a good motive for trying to destroy Osborn. I think having Electro out to kill Norman and Spider-Man having to get in his way/save Norman would be a good dynamic (especially since SAVING Norman would lead to Gwen's death making things even more complicated guilt wise for Peter eventually) Also I thought church just to show Dillon believes in something and feels a higher power is the reason he gets his powers and could use righteous indignation as part of his psychosis...Icoulod even see him wearign a cross necklace all the time and using the line

"LET THERE BE LIGHT!"

lol

You enjoyed Retaliation? :wow:

Now I know for sure to disregard your opinion. :oldrazz:

joker-1.jpg

You're ****ing kidding me, right?

It's a movie about Hasbro products that you have to certainly lower your standards too to actually enjoy it and it was 100x better than the crap that was Rise of Cobra.

Oh, but you're probably the kind of guy that only watches those truly awe-inspiring films, right? :whatever:

Get out of here with your nonsense.

soo i say the fake Times square set will be ready by next week and we could finally see action , what do you think?

Nope,already started filming.Here is the video.

[YT]7I7fZVZ7mzE[/YT]

joker-1.jpg

You're ****ing kidding me, right?

It's a movie about Hasbro products that you have to certainly lower your standards too to actually enjoy it and it was 100x better than the crap that was Rise of Cobra.

Oh, but you're probably the kind of guy that only watches those truly awe-inspiring films, right? :whatever:

Get out of here with your nonsense.

Yikes! Someone is a wee bit sensitive. I was joking, in case the smiley face sticking his tongue out didn't register for you.

However, I still think Retaliation was terrible, and I went in with the lowest of standards. But, that's neither here nor there. Sorry to offend you.

Yikes! Someone is a wee bit sensitive. I was joking, in case the smiley face sticking his tongue out didn't register for you.

However, I still think Retaliation was terrible, and I went in with the lowest of standards. But, that's neither here nor there. Sorry to offend you.

Ahh, you were joking.

That's good. I was afraid you were going to get on my bad side tonight as I'm just in that mood because of a certain other poster in a different area of the forums.

Ahh, you were joking.

That's good. I was afraid you were going to get on my bad side tonight as I'm just in that mood because of a certain other poster in a different area of the forums.

What happens when I get on your bad side?? :shock

He makes you watch TASM over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"