The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - Part 84

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I am sorry for you loss as well.

Thank you.

That's the funny thing about emotions and feelings...they're not always rational. It can take time and experience to sort these things out. And for ohers a crap load of money and therapists.

Of course these things happen, it's part of life. But it doesn't make it any easier and when it comes to being a husband to a wife, and a father to a daughter, you have a desire, rather a NEED, to want to protect them. And you can tend to come down on yourself when harm comes their way...whether you could have really done anything or not.

Of course a parent will have the sense of duty to protect their child, but every parent knows you can't protect them from something you have no control over, like an illness. If we could see a serious illness coming then life would be so much easier, as we could do something to possibly avoid it. But we can't.

Spider-Man feels a sense of duty to protect the city, just like Batman does for Gotham, and every other hero does for the city's they are in. But they don't all blame themselves for every death that happens in it just because they were unable to stop it. That's what weak minded characters would do.

People who beat themselves up and blame themselves for something that they are clearly not to blame for are being weak and silly. Again I'm sorry if that sounds harsh but that is how I feel. I always hated the excuse that emotions make people do or feel crazy things, just like the weak excuse that someone being insane gives a free pass for a character to do things that make no sense or have stupid motives for something.

That's just lazy excuses for weak writing. If Peter Parker beats himself up for someone dying, it's because he was to blame in some way. He's not the type to carry guilt for something he really couldn't have prevented. The whole basis of his being Spider-Man is because he didn't act when he could have and should have. He's not so weak minded that he lays himself a guilt trip for things beyond his control.

And while you say that, I believe there is a great deal of people out there who would strongly disagree, including myself. It takes a great deal of strength NOT to kill yourself. To take that pain and that heartache, and still manage to push on and upward despite of it.

Well that is what I was saying. I can understand people who do end up committing suicide because as you said they don't have that strength and will to handle the pain.

I know I've been there. It crossed my mind after I lost my little brother. But it was in the days after he passed away and the emotional hurt was still raw and I thought I'd never get to grips with it. But I'm happy to say I discovered I'm stronger than I thought I was. But I know that sadly not everyone has the same inner strength.

I appreciate the conversation. We may not see eye to eye, but you're passionate and well spoken.

Thank you. You too.

Last edited:
Thank you.

Of course a parent will have the sense of duty to protect their child, but every parent knows you can't protect them from something you have no control over, like an illness. If we could see a serious illness coming then life would be so much easier, as we could do something to possibly avoid it. But we can't.

Spider-Man feels a sense of duty to protect the city, just like Batman does for Gotham, and every other hero does for the city's they are in. But they don't all blame themselves for every death that happens in it just because they were unable to stop it. That's what weak minded characters would do.

People who beat themselves up and blame themselves for something that they are clearly not to blame for are being weak and silly. Again I'm sorry if that sounds harsh but that is how I feel. I always hated the excuse that emotions make people do or feel crazy things, just like the weak excuse that someone being insane gives a free pass for a character to do things that make no sense or have stupid motives for something.

That's just lazy excuses for weak writing. If Peter Parker beats himself up for someone dying, it's because he was to blame in some way. He's not the type to carry guilt for something he really couldn't have prevented. The whole basis of his being Spider-Man is because he didn't act when he could have and should have. He's not so weak minded that he lays himself a guilt trip for things beyond his control.

Well that is what I was saying. I can understand people who do end up committing suicide because as you said they don't have that strength and will to handle the pain.

I know I've been there. It crossed my mind after I lost my little brother. But it was in the days after he passed away and the emotional hurt was still raw and I thought I'd never get to grips with it. But I'm happy to say I discovered I'm stronger than I thought I was. But I know that sadly not everyone has the same inner strength.

Thank you. You too.
I know we had differences and disputes about this movie and how the characters were displayed. But I am truly sorry for your loss. It's always tough dealing with the loss of a loved one especially if it's something like suicide. Just know you always have a ear to listen to if you need to talk always man.

I think Peter in some sense shared the blame. It has been a while since I've seen TASM2(more money problems and time than choosing not to). But Peter was the one who took her away from going to London saying he will be there by her side. He could have called her/left a voice message saying he understands her choice for leaving and will be there for her no matter what but he has to protect New York despite her being the only one he can talk to about being Spider-Man to(kind of like Ultimate MJ was for a while). But he made a fairly selfish decision.(which is kind of selfless but that's something for another post) But I feel like it hits him hard not only because she was, But he was the one who came to her. The Blame honestly is shared. Gwen ultimately got sacrificed because she wanted to help Peter stop Electro from destroying the city and went out like a hero, instead of the innocent bystander who only died was knowing Peter and there for an mad man to lash out because his own son was going through something(ignoring Sin's Past). In a sense she got killed because of her relationship with Peter(if she wasn't there it it probably would of taken Harry a longer time to realize Peter was Spidey) but like she said she made the choice to be there but Spidey give her the choice to be there simply by grabbing off the bridge. plus not listening to George Stacy who told him not to bring her into his life because someone would learn and put her in danger. The guilt of having both Stacy's sacrificing their lives in order to help Spider-Man save New York. Plus I wouldn't be able to tell her family who lost not only a father but also shortly after a daughter (who could have went to London and College but he snatcher her away and brought her to the police car) about his part in their death. If that makes sense(it's been a while since I posted something like this in a short amount of time, so forgive me if I'm a little rusty and it comes out jumbled because it made more sense in my head).

I know we had differences and disputes about this movie and how the characters were displayed. But I am truly sorry for your loss. It's always tough dealing with the loss of a loved one especially if it's something like suicide. Just know you always have a ear to listen to if you need to talk always man.

Well that is just the nicest thing for you to say. Thank you so much. I really appreciate that and I'm genuinely touched by it :up:

Please for future reference don't ever take a disagreement about a movie as a personal thing. It's not, and never is as far as I'm concerned. We're just talking movies here. BRAB can tell you that. We don't see eye to eye over many things with the TASM movies but we're good pals here.

Last edited:
Man, you're on a roll, Joker.

Sorry about your little bro, by the way.

Well, we may not always share the same opinions, but one should still be good to eachother. :)

Well, we may not always share the same opinions, but one should still be good to eachother. :)
this. Like you said, Just because we don't agree about one movie really doesn't mean much. you're a superhero hype poster and a human being so that all that matters in my book. Like I said, we're here for you for anything man.

this. Like you said, Just because we don't agree about one movie really doesn't mean much. you're a superhero hype poster and a human being so that all that matters in my book. Like I said, we're here for you for anything man.

I know, it's just very heartwarming to see. Sad to say it's not often you see people you've never met or who don't know your real name even, offer a kindness like that.

You're a great bunch of people :up:

OMG at the Electro deleted scene with his mother.

I mean...was everyone that oblivious how much these scenes were like the Schumacher Batman films?

Considering that particular scene was deleted probably not

BRAB, that's not what I mean though. They actually wrote that and filmed that. That means certain time money and expense was spent on bringing that sequence into reality. It's like...was anyone reading the script?

It's like...Prometheus and Alien vs. Predator have virtually the same plot. I feel like if I'm at Fox or I'm doing notes on the script, I'd be like..."you know this plot is like the same thing as Alien vs. Predator right? Are you sure?"

Clearly they goofed and then decided to delete it?

Yeah...but they left the rest of the Max Dillon is Edward Nygma from Batman Forever stuff in.

Sorry for your loss, Joker. No one should ever have to go through something like that.
OMG at the Electro deleted scene with his mother.

I mean...was everyone that oblivious how much these scenes were like the Schumacher Batman films?
I literally howled with laughter at that scene. And not in a good way.

That and the scenes with Richard Parker and Menken getting killed are comedy gold.

Yeah...but they left the rest of the Max Dillon is Edward Nygma from Batman Forever stuff in.
I just don't get how fans of the film act shocked when Electro is compared to Schumacher's Batman. They are like, "impossible". This is the exact reason why.

The reason Electro is compared to Schumachers batman is because he's similar to a character from schumachers batman...

5eMvFMR.png

Thank you :up:

You guys really are a very kind bunch.

I was glad to come home and read this thread last night.

Things can escalate on the boards here too, but in my short time here, I've appreciated seeing a lot of intelligent conversation compared to trolling on other websites.

Keep it up :up:

I was glad to come home and read this thread last night.

Things can escalate on the boards here too, but in my short time here, I've appreciated seeing a lot of intelligent conversation compared to trolling on other websites.

Keep it up :up:

It's one of the reasons I finally decided to join here. Especially compared to other forums, the majority of the people here seem to treat each other with respect and are sincere towards one another.

Pretty great to see!

It's one of the reasons I finally decided to join here. Especially compared to other forums, the majority of the people here seem to treat each other with respect and are sincere towards one another.

Pretty great to see!

We're glad to have you, Maximus :)

I too lurked here since January and noticed the same thing. I didn't have the time during my last semester to get too involved with anything other than school, but I knew I would be able to at least keep up with the boards in the Fall.

It's a great outlet since I can't get too in depth regarding Spidey with anyone else. I definitely plan to be here awhile.

We're glad to have you, Maximus :)

I too lurked here since January and noticed the same thing. I didn't have the time during my last semester to get too involved with anything other than school, but I knew I would be able to at least keep up with the boards in the Fall.

It's a great outlet since I can't get too in depth regarding Spidey with anyone else. I definitely plan to be here awhile.

I hear you about not having time. Working full time and being a single dad makes it tough to really commit to anything else.

It definitely is a great outlet for discussing these characters and their mediums. I guess I would be considered "the geek" of my group as I love following these websites and reading up on any news that comes my way. I am also the only one that looks forward to seeing a great film at least a couple of times in the theaters. I certainly plan on sticking around SHH for awhile myself. Look forward to talking with you, and the many others, for a long time to come!

I hear you about not having time. Working full time and being a single dad makes it tough to really commit to anything else.

It definitely is a great outlet for discussing these characters and their mediums. I guess I would be considered "the geek" of my group as I love following these websites and reading up on any news that comes my way. I am also the only one that looks forward to seeing a great film at least a couple of times in the theaters. I certainly plan on sticking around SHH for awhile myself. Look forward to talking with you, and the many others, for a long time to come!

Likewise, my friend.

Life calls for sure. I've had a lot going on in regards to my family needing me. I'm assuming you're a lot older than I am though, so I can imagine your obligations far outweigh mine.

I could go on for quite a bit here, but I don't want to stray from what this thread is dedicated to.

Feel free to drop by the lounge and we can have more general discussion there. I have two hours to kill before my night class!

I think most of what's written there is grasping for straws to be honest. I don't think Webb & the writers thought of the villains that way and I surely don't think of them that way when I watch them on the big screen, with the exception of Lizard where I think that theory is the closest to what we see. When it comes to Electro, Harry Goblin and Rhino, I don't think they really represent anything deep.

That's not a bad theory, I guess. Interesting, really. But I'd rather they not be connected to Peter. The last series ruined that experience or anything close to it for me. (Lookin' at you, Sandman *shakes fist*)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"