The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man (First Reactions: Critics, Fans) (Spoiler Alert) - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol of course people in here are biased. Duh!

Every spider-man fan is going to be somewhat biased when judging the movie lol

I'm sure the DK boys are biased too.
And yes, I mean Donkey Kong.

There's a distinct difference between being a little biased/wanting the movie to succeed and accusing everyone who dislikes TASM of being biased/stupid/ignorant/etc.

I mostly notice the score on 2nd viewing and after that
Maybe I'll like it when I watch it again
Sorry, I wasn't directing that at you or trying to attack your opinion, for the record. You are of course perfectly entitled to being completely un-wowed by the score. Just in general, I was wondering if the score wasn't used to it's full effect in the film. Because all I have to go on right now is the album, and what I'm hearing on the album is stunning. But scores are often hindered and dampened when they're mixed into the film (just ask Bear McCreary, who has mentioned this happening to him constantly on his scores for BSG), so I was genuinely curious if that was the case here.

No, just means that we are about 40% complete with the RT reviews.

Khloe-Kardashian-Boo-the-Dog-Facebook-102610261.jpg

Boo wants to party! We've made it to a 100 reviews and nobody has died yet!
This is a major milestone.

90% Top Critics! Though this will change when they post the Boston Globe review. Still, for those who use TC's as a gauge, its a great sign.

is that your dog? cute little guy.

Sorry, I wasn't directing that at you or trying to attack your opinion, for the record. You are of course perfectly entitled to being completely un-wowed by the score. Just in general, I was wondering if the score wasn't used to it's full effect in the film. Because all I have to go on right now is the album, and what I'm hearing on the album is stunning. But scores are often hindered and dampened when they're mixed into the film (just ask Bear McCreary, who has mentioned this happening to him constantly on his scores for BSG), so I was genuinely curious if that was the case here.

As a matter of fact,the score was quite nice in the opening part for me.
Didnt quite remember it well after that

Got a new positive TC review that compares it to TDK in terms of being darker.

This fourth installment is a complete reboot, returning to the web-slinger's creation story, and Garfield, more than any other factor, contributes to the sense of a darker vision along the lines of The Dark Knight.

90% Top Critics! Though this will change when they post the Boston Globe review. Still, for those who use TC's as a gauge, its a great sign.

is that your dog? cute little guy.

Lol no. He's a dog on YouTube.

So all the Chicago critics liked it - Sun-times, Tribune, Reader. cool.

Spiderdevil, you said you didn't bring up Andrew's Peter being awkward to his love interest, but you did:

2.Being awkward around his love interest

And so was Tobey's Peter, as I mentioned earlier.

Yeah, but didn't TDK suck? :oldrazz:
Jk, jk, I don't want to be mutilated.
Oh yeah, you're right! I mean come on, there was no story! The joker was causing trouble for the sake of it! "Some men just want to watch the world burn." Come on, what a cop out that was. Terrible that TASM has to be compared to TDK.

JK... just in case you couldn't tell! Love TDK.

I have to add another critic I like, I totally forgot about Phillips. And no, I'm not just adding him because he gave TASM 3/4, I've seen his video reviews in the past and I forgot his name and I couldn't add him. So my favorite critics are; Ebert, Phillips, Roeper, and Jahns. 3/4 of them liked the movie and gave it a "Fresh" review. I gotta see what Roeper thinks. This is very good, for me at least.

Oh yeah, you're right! I mean come on, there was no story! The joker was causing trouble for the sake of it! "Some men just want to watch the world burn." Come on, what a cop out that was. Terrible that TASM has to be compared to TDK.

JK... just in case you couldn't tell! Love TDK.

Hey! That's my shtick! You start acting like a smart ass and I'll sue!
TSSM reference anyone? :cwink:
Yeah, I know it didn't go like that. I didn't fail.

I have to add another critic I like, I totally forgot about Phillips. And no, I'm not just adding him because he gave TASM 3/4, I've seen his video reviews in the past and I forgot his name and I couldn't add him. So my favorite critics are; Ebert, Phillips, Roeper, and Jahns. 3/4 of them liked the movie and gave it a "Fresh" review. I gotta see what Roeper thinks. This is very good, for me at least.
Wasn't Phillips on Ebert and Roper when Roger Ebert had to leave for medical reasons? I always enjoyed his reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back