The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man (First Reactions: Critics, Fans) (Spoiler Alert) - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not even going to mention the other films Travers has rated with 2 and a half stars in the past. Let's just say ... They weren't great films. I have yet to see the movie myself, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it more than Mr. Travers.

Umm, Peter Traver's gave it a pretty mediocre/negative review,if ya ask me. 2 and a half stars? Really? "Spider-Man 3" at least had 3-stars. Naturally, he gave the best review to "Spider-Man 2". So are we really to believe that as bad as Spidey 3 was, this is somehow even worse??

Anyways, kinda sucks Travers wasn't too happy with it,with the exception of Garfield and Stone.

Did you actually read it? He liked more than that.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/reviews/the-amazing-spider-man-20120628

He knocked off a point and a half because it's a reboot.

A nice little recap of the Raimi trilogy!

[YT]bn3h0uW5q50&feature=g-all-u[/YT]

Man, Roger Ebert gave Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter a 3/4!
I hope he at least gives TASM that.

Of course I read it. In this case, his actual written review doesn't match up with it's star-rating.

I know, just read the first few sentences of the review.
And even when he was doing movie previews and stuff, he was still saying that it's too early for this movie. He knocked off those points because he felt the reboot was too soon coming. Was that excessive? Possibly. At least he liked it.

It's not terribly difficult to do if executed properly.

ya know, i was thinking about it and Up actually did it amazingly well. so i stand corrected, it can be done. however, i think part of that is that in Up, its a pretty common occurrence that we've all probably seen in our own lives, was a typical outcome for that situation, and was honestly a setup for the rest of the movie where he needs to let her go and have his own adventure. ben is the driving force for creating spiderman, but realistically isnt the main thread throughout a story arc.

Man, Roger Ebert gave Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter a 3/4!
I hope he at least gives TASM that.
ALVH deserves no more than a 1/5 in my book. Horrible, horrible movie.

I usually liked Richard Roeper more than Ebert, but that's just me.

Ebert was right about ALVH; it's not as bad as some people are saying it is.

Is it the book? Nope, but what we got was plenty and I definitely enjoyed it.

And...
am I the only one perfectly fine about Spidey using cranes for the final battle? I mean, does Spidey have the ability to make powerful swings throughout the film? If not, then it makes sense that the young hero would need that much momentum at first. He's only beginning.

And...
am I the only one perfectly fine about Spidey using cranes for the final battle? I mean, does Spidey have the ability to make powerful swings throughout the film? If not, then it makes sense that the young hero would need that much momentum at first. He's only beginning.
My friend and I applauded the film at the end. We nominated ALVH worst motion picture of 2012. I feel like it might be really fun when drunk though. LOL

"Whoa, look at that vampire! Hey, Lincoln! Your beard! Whoa..."

My friend and I applauded the film at the end. We nominated ALVH worst motion picture of 2012. I feel like it might be really fun when drunk though. LOL

Cool for you. I didn't applaud, but I would've knocked out whoever would call it the worst film of this year. This was no Spirit of Vengeance.

Cool for you. I didn't applaud, but I would've knocked out whoever would call it the worst film of this year. This was no Spirit of Vengeance.
They were both really awful movies. And why would you knock someone out for hating a movie?

And...

my main issue is it being corny like last time. but im hoping for the best.

Okay, let's be honest here. While some of us will love it,hate it, whatever ... As far as critics are concerned, If this was the movie it could and should have been,regardless of the tag of "reboot", it would be universally acclaimed (ala,The Avengers). There's no reason it shouldn't be the best damn thing ever. This is freakin Spider-Man! Get it right!

With that said, I haven't seen it myself, but I know enough to know what I 'don't' like about it. Hoping the good outweighs the bad here. Either way, I hate the fact that in 2012, and as close as "Spider-Man 2" got, we have still yet to see the definitive Spider-Man film done properly.

Didn't Spider-Man do a "sling shot" move on the sides of buildings to go really far?

*Final battle in SM1, he uses his webbing on the flag poles and swings all the way to the bridge*

*While in dry cleaners, he does the sling shot move by the window and goes towards Doc Ock before Aunt May hits him with the Umbrella*

They were both really awful movies. And why would you knock someone out for hating a movie?

Because....silly opinions are silly.

Calling it the worst movie of the year? Only HALFWAY into the year?

Silly.

And it wasn't even that bad :o

my main issue is it being corny like last time. but im hoping for the best.

Corny as in...Spider-Man 3, or what? I rather liked that scene except for Spidey forgetting about the other civilians when debris kept falling.

Okay, let's be honest here. While some of us will love it,hate it, whatever ... As far as critics are concerned, If this was the movie it could and should have been,regardless of the tag of "reboot", it would be universally acclaimed (ala,The Avengers). There's no reason it shouldn't be the best damn thing ever. This is freakin Spider-Man! Get it right!

No it wouldn't. Even if it's the greatest thing in the world, if the reviewer didn't want a reboot they aren't gonna give it a review as high as TA.

With that said, I haven't seen it myself, but I know enough to know what I 'don't' like about it. Hoping the good outweighs the bad here. Either way, I hate the fact that in 2012, and as close as "Spider-Man 2" got, we have still yet to see the definitive Spider-Man film done properly.

Um...not if they included the origin story, since that seems to be main complaint overall. And how can you compare this to The Avengers when:

1. This movie wasn't in development as long The Avengers,
2. This is the start of a new series that has to reestablish it's characters
while The Avengers have already been established.
3. There has never been anything like The Avengers, so the simple fact that ot was pulled off is bound to receive some acclaim.

Uh....absolutely not.

The Raimi films were and still are beloved by fans and critics alike. They are the original films. No matter how good this movie is, or how good it could have been, there are plenty of people who simply weren't and aren't ready to put it above the original films.

Point is, neither films were very good. Now about Spider-Man...

lex-luthor-wrong1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back