The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man (First Reactions: Critics, Fans) (Spoiler Alert) - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
so if webb goes for the green goblin/death of gwen story wont that again be critised for being to close to SM1?

after all raimi pretty much tried to replicate that

Last edited:
That would be so cool if Lizard transforms again in the third movie, with a slightly different formula, giving him a snout or something. I mean, he did suddenly have a snout later on in the comics, didn't he?

The Dark Knight still counts even if you didn't feel the impact. :doh:

I think what he meant was simply that Rachael was a new character not in the original Batman series while Gwen was in the original Spider-man series.

Logically their statement was correct seeing as Rachael`s death was also not something in the comics so this would be the first major female characters death in recent years since Louis Lane in the first Superman film.

Imagine what it will be like for kids to see the hero actually fail to save the girl, it would be revolutionary in modern cinema and certainly a major turning point if done correctly. If the hero not only couldnt save her but might have been responsible for her death... :woot:

so if webb goes for the green goblin/death of gwen story wont that again be critised for being to close to SM1?

after all raimit pretty much tried to replicate that
Raimi's MJ was a mix of Gwen and MJ from the comic books (so IDK why Gwen appears in SM3). So when she gets tossed off the bridge, she is then saved.

Depends, the death of Gwen was in the day time and it was less of a deal. It was more along the lines of the Green Goblin dropping her to try to kill her to punish Spider-man, there was no other threat involved so Peter only used one web. His reliance in his powers being able to save her was what killed her.

If they set the scene in the day time and used different camera angles then it shouldnt bring back too many Raimi memories.

Well, judging by everyone's reactions, it seems like I won't have to worry about seeing things like:

1. A Random Kid just standing at a spot aloof waiting to be crushed by a large thing falling on top of him when he had plenty of time to run away.lol

2. Corny reactions of the crowd watching Spider-Man doing something, whether it be "Wicked Cool! Awesome! or even... "It's Spider-Man"

lol

If they screw up the death of Gwen, then Sony will be ridiculed for all eternity until it is done right.

Well, judging by everyone's reactions, it seems like I won't have to worry about seeing things like:

1. A Random Kid just standing at a spot aloof waiting to be crushed by a large thing falling on top of him when he had plenty of time to run away.lol

2. Corny reactions of the crowd watching Spider-Man doing something, whether it be "Wicked Cool! Awesome! or even... "It's Spider-Man"

lol
I heard there are some NYC reactions to Spider-Man, but I'm sure its nowhere near as corny.

SM3 really overdid it. I mean... who says "wicked cool?"

well, the mid end credits scene pretty much established that green goblin will be the villian in the sequel.

It's just whether Marc Webb is willing or not to kill Gwen in the sequel.

My only major complaint with "The Amazing Spiderman" is that it didn't have any great songs featured in it.

Spiderman 1 has "Hero" nickleback, Spiderman 2 has "Vindicated" by Dashboard Confessional

but this movie has none....

Depends, the death of Gwen was in the day time and it was less of a deal. It was more along the lines of the Green Goblin dropping her to try to kill her to punish Spider-man, there was no other threat involved so Peter only used one web. His reliance in his powers being able to save her was what killed her.

If they set the scene in the day time and used different camera angles then it shouldnt bring back too many Raimi memories.

The death of Gwen was at night. The Title of the story is "The Night Gwen Stacy Died".

I wonder why they call it the "night gwen stacy died" if it is daytime?

well, the mid end credits scene pretty much established that green goblin will be the villian in the sequel.

I haven't seen the movie, but I've heard that the mid-credits scene is the scene we've seen in the trailers of a man in the shadows (Masse's character) talking to Connors. I don't see how that's a clear indication of the fact that Green Goblin is the sequel's villain, unless you came to that conclusion based on the hints in the movie that Norman's dying, etc. I think he'll be the sequel's villain too, it makes sense.

If they screw up the death of Gwen, then Sony will be ridiculed for all eternity until it is done right.

Yep, but if they get it right and have peter out for vengance and have him almost kill goblin but decide to spare him choosing responsibility... then that would be an amazing end to the film, even if Goblin does die after via his own hand :woot:

I thought that she knew at the end of SM1 originally, but she doesn't find out until SM2... y'know, that startled face before he saves her from getting crushed?

That's not a startled face. That's a face of confirmation. And she says to Peter that she thinks she always knew. That was why she wanted to kiss Peter in the cafe. She wanted to confirm what she already believed.

Just because SM2 takes place 2 years after SM1 doesn't mean much about SM3. Sam Raimi said it takes place directly after SM2, so maybe a few months at most.

Directly doesn't mean the next day. You have to figure that if MJ was in a play in Spidey 2 and in 3 she's in another play it'd have been about a year since it takes months to put a play together.

It's night. They simply didn't have the type of printing tech they do now to accurately present night. Also if you read the story it clearly takes place over a day. Peter arrives in the afternoon to find Gwen and MJ at Harry's house. Then Peter goes about his day and goes to meet Gwen at his apartment finding she's been kidnapped.

And BTW- the pics you linked aren't of the original printing. The comic looks different.

It's night. They simply didn't have the type of printing tech they do now to accurately present night. Also if you read the story it clearly takes place over a day. Peter arrives in the afternoon to find Gwen and MJ at Harry's house. Then Peter goes about his day and goes to meet Gwen at his apartment finding she's been kidnapped.

Sorry, if i got confused, but i have to admit the scene works a lot better in the early morning or daytime. I can imagine her death in the film being in the early morning with the sun rising slowly as Spider-man holds her body in his arms.

I think people especially comics fan will like this better than Raimi's version.

Because Marc Webb's version stays true and faithfully at least to the timeline of events that occur as depicts in the comics.

Peter meets Gwen first in high school.....later he meets MJ and Harry at college

But Raimi mess and screw everything up by introducing MJ in the first movie....and only have Gwen appear in Spidey 3

By that time, Raimi already mess up the timeline and events that occur in spiderman comics, gwen was useless in spiderman 3

And I think this is the reason why he couldn't continue with spidey 4....everything ties up perfectly at the end of spidey 3, there isn't any plot to continue to move or drive peter forward .....and all these happens because raimi introduces MJ too early in his series and left out gwen in the begining

Killing gwen in spiderman 3 wouldn't make any sense since green goblin already died in spiderman 1, and gwen wan't romantically involved with peter

After the events in spiderman 3, there is no story anymore....Raimi suggesting Peter and MJ married and have kids but that would have been so boring

It was quite a shock (in a nice way) not to see any cheesy scenes in the movie.

Does anyone remember the kid who wants money for camera roll from JJ Jameson while there is a fight is going on with Sandman in SM3 ? Why would anyone want to see what is J J Jameson doing when there is a fight going on ?

I think people especially comics fan will like this better than Raimi's version.

Because Marc Webb's version stays true and faithfully at least to the timeline of events that occur as depicts in the comics.

Peter meets Gwen first in high school.....later he meets MJ and Harry at college

But Raimi mess and screw everything up by introducing MJ in the first movie....and only have Gwen appear in Spidey 3

By that time, Raimi already mess up the timeline and events that occur in spiderman comics, gwen was useless in spiderman 3

And I think this is the reason why he couldn't continue with spidey 4....everything ties up perfectly at the end of spidey 3, there isn't any plot to continue to move or drive peter forward .....and all these happens because raimi introduces MJ too early in his series and left out gwen in the begining

Killing gwen in spiderman 3 wouldn't make any sense since green goblin already died in spiderman 1, and gwen wan't romantically involved with peter

After the events in spiderman 3, there is no story anymore....Raimi suggesting Peter and MJ married and have kids but that would have been so boring

In my opinion a fourth Spider-man film could have only worked with the Lizard and basically forgetting the other films. Unfortunately 'The amazing Spider-man' did not have the set-up necessary for the Lizard to appear while the Raimi series had three films setting up an amazing relateable friendly actor as Dr. Connors.

Dylan Baker would have been perfect and a fourth film having Spider-man fight the Lizard would have given them a reason to release the Venom symbiote allowing Carnage or/and Venom to appear in the fifth film.

The reviewers at AICN are awful. Moriarty (Drew) was okay, but he's long gone. Its a poorly run, ugly site. Avoid it.

The talkback is a cesspool made up of the dregs of whats left of their viewership.

Last edited:
Didn't Connors say "I'm a physicist, not a biologist." in Spider-Man 3?

It was quite a shock (in a nice way) not to see any cheesy scenes in the movie.

Does anyone remember the kid who wants money for camera roll from JJ Jameson while there is a fight is going on with Sandman in SM3 ? Why would anyone want to see what is J J Jameson doing when there is a fight going on ?

Spiderman 3 is a mess, the worst out of the series.

too many villians cramped into one movie, Venom gets the short end of the stick and emo peter dancing- that was the worst for me

and too much uneccessary humour

they should gett a buff muscular guy to play eddie brock, not topher grace

The reviewers at AICN are awful. Moriarty (Drew) was okay, but he's long gone. Its a poorly run, ugly site. Avoid it.

IGN gives out awful reviews too, it is not the right place for movie reviews, for game reviews - it is OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"