The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man (First Reactions: Critics, Fans) (Spoiler Alert) - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because....silly opinions are silly.

Calling it the worst movie of the year? Only HALFWAY into the year?

Silly.

And it wasn't even that bad :o

Its your opinion that my opinion was silly...

I wasn't being 100% serious when I said it was the worst movies of the year. It was still a horrible movie, and I hated it. I'm glad you enjoyed it at least.

lex-luthor-wrong1.jpg
Way to respect my opinion.

Uh....absolutely not.

The Raimi films were and still are beloved by fans and critics alike. They are the original films. No matter how good this movie is, or how good it could have been, there are plenty of people who simply weren't and aren't ready to put it above the original films.

I see this being one of those kinds of movies that will gain more respect if the sequels are good enough.

Because....silly opinions are silly.

Calling it the worst movie of the year? Only HALFWAY into the year?

Silly.

And it wasn't even that bad :o

Corny as in...Spider-Man 3, or what? I rather liked that scene except for Spidey forgetting about the other civilians when debris kept falling.

corny like in sm1 with the NYers throwing crap at goblin and egging him on. man that really got under my skin lol, and im scared as hell that it made its way back into this one

Its your opinion that my opinion was silly...

I wasn't being 100% serious when I said it was the worst movies of the year. It was still a horrible movie, and I hated it. I'm glad you enjoyed it at least.

Not that you hated he film; that's cool if it's your opinion.

It's only silly when you say it's the worst movie of the year.

That's like SpiderMarvelite saying TAS-M will be the best movie of the year when it's only June.

corny like in sm1 with the NYers throwing crap at goblin and egging him on. man that really got under my skin lol, and im scared as hell that it made its way back into this one

Wow, that got to you? :wow:

The reason for that was the movie was filmed while the World Trade Center was attacked on 9/11. They were trying to make New Yorkers/Americans feel united again after such a tragedy. And its funny, because in times of trouble, New Yorkers really tend to stick together. That corny "you mess with one of us, you mess with all of us" attitude is pretty real.

In ten years, visual effects don't seem to have evolved much, either. Scenes of Spidey swinging through the city were breath-taking then and now, and the fight scenes are choreographed with just as much humour and dynamism. After his indie rom-com (500) Days of Summer, Webb fully exploits a bigger budget, but while the movie is fun, it won't have the same sticking power as the original.

Digital Spy review: 3/5 stars

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/review/a389799/the-amazing-spider-man-review.html

That's like SpiderMarvelite saying TAS-M will be the best movie of the year when it's only June.

Yeah, Silent Hill Revelations will easily be best movie of the year :woot:

There's a difference between New Yorkers tossing eggs and pipes at Green Goblin trying to start a fight that'll only be one-sided to construction workers aligning theirs cranes to help out Spidey since he can't swing up that high to get to OsCorp Tower(I think it's his way getting to the building). There are still a lot of NYers that'll be a fan of Spidey; not all of NYC will hate the vigilante. At least they're not wanting to fight Lizard, lol.

The reason for that was the movie was filmed while the World Trade Center was attacked on 9/11. They were trying to make New Yorkers/Americans feel united again after such a tragedy. And its funny, because in times of trouble, New Yorkers really tend to stick together. That corny "you mess with one of us, you mess with all of us" attitude is pretty real.

i know the context of it. didnt like it then. dont like it now. it was cheesy, came out of left field, and still leaves a bad taste in my mouth lol

What am I missing? No where does he say "If this wasn't a reboot, I would of given it a 1.5 more."

He seemed to score it lower because he felt the reboot came too early.
It was actually a really short review, is his movie reviews usually that short?

There's a difference between New Yorkers tossing eggs and pipes at Green Goblin trying to start a fight that'll only be one-sided to construction workers aligning theirs cranes to help out Spidey since he can't swing up that high to get to OsCorp Tower(I think it's his way getting to the building). There are still a lot of NYers that'll be a fan of Spidey; not all of NYC will hate the vigilante. At least they're not wanting to fight Lizard, lol.

that all i can hope for is - is that its not so unabashedly stupid that it boils my blood a decade after the fact :wow:

He seemed to score it lower because he felt the reboot came too early.
It was actually a really short review, is his movie reviews usually that short?

Sorry Joe, you're just assuming. For all we know, he only took out .5 stars not 1.5 stars making it a 4/4. Hell maybe he didn't take out any!

Because the original is usually always held on the highest pedestal.
Take MoS for example. It could be the most critically acclaimed movie of 2013, but people will still view the original Superman movie as better because it's a classic, and Raimi's SM1 is a classic, CBM wise anyway.

I don't think MoS will be compared to '78 Superman as much though since there's a 35 year gap. Batman Begins wasn't even compared that much to Batman '89.

Sorry Joe, you're just assuming. For all we know, he only took out .5 stars not 1.5 stars making it a 4/4. Hell maybe he didn't take out any!

But he never made any other complaints about the movie in his review.
That was the only semi-negative comment in the entire review.

I don't think MoS will be compared to '78 Superman as much though since there's a 35 year gap. Batman Begins wasn't even compared that much to Batman '89.

BB probably wasn't compared as much to '89 Batman because the '89 Batman didn't really have an origin story, while BB had that and a entire new villain, or villains if you count Scarecrow. MoS probably will because it's doing the origin again.

Joe, I see where you're coming from man but if you keep trying to play mind reader with all of these reviews, you will lose your own

We still have more movies in the year and people are already picking nominees for the worst?

Joe, I see where you're coming from man but if you keep trying to play mind reader with all of these reviews, you will lose your own

I'm not saying that is definitely the reason why, but he doesn't really give any other complaints in the review, that's the only negative comment. Again, the review seems so general and short for some reason. Like he didn't put much time into it and just typed it up real quick. Is that his writing style? Because I haven't read many of his reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"