The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Discussion in 'The Avengers Sequels' started by Thread Manager, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TacomaTruck90

TacomaTruck90 Well-Known Member

Did you guys see the article about how Phil Coulson might come back....((Nick Fury faked his death to motivate the Avengers to team up stop Loki)) do you think that might cause tenison in the next Avengers film ..by maybe breaking up the tie or cutting its ties with Shield..i think if he comes back you really do need reactions from memebers of the Avenger it became main reason they united together

2. mkilban2

mkilban2 family1stclothingco.com

that's always what I figured happened honestly, it works w/ fury's shadyness of a character and will def make some Avengers want to break from SHIELD, I know most ppl hate Civil War but I can see them adapting some of it in Avengers 2 and beyond and it working out well. Although Tony and Cap would prolly both want to be Anti-Shield after finding out.

3. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

I honestly don't care how Coulson comes back, as long as the show is good.

4. mkilban2

I think it will be okay, will be cool if they introduce minor heroes and villains. Still prolly a year away though right?

5. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

That's a very simplistic take on Coulson's death scene. A lot of us have hashed this out before on the boards and broken it down to prove that "you shall be avennnnnged, Coulson" (to borrow that hilarious off-camera rant by Cobie Smulders you can find on Youtube) really only works for one Avenger at all, and that's Tony. Nobody else needed that extra push to get motivated to, you know, man (or woman) up and save the world.

6. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

Should be on the air in September

7. Mr. Dent

Yeah it should air this fall.

8. mkilban2

oh cool! just in time for my birthday!

9. xeno000

xeno000 IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

They retconned Bova? Is nothing sacred?

[​IMG]

:woot:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  10. Crimson King

Crimson King Superhero Novelista

I pre-hate the explanation behind his "revival." Didn't it say that Fury had Coulson act like he was dying by holding his breath or something? Because no one was in the room when Coulson died, other than Fury, so there'd be no reason for acting. It doesn't make sense.

I'd much rather have the show be about the days of SHIELD before the heroes formed the Avengers. Then you wouldn't have to make up some lame retcon about Coulson not really dying. I was hoping this type of thing would never make it into the MCU.

11. Whiskey Tango

Whiskey Tango Well-Known Member

That's udderly ridiculous.

12. Hyde

Hyde Ooga-Chaka

What exactly are Scarlet Witch's powers?

I only really know about her and Quicksilver from the pieces of research I've done since Joss practically confirmed them on the red carpet, but from what I know she can control probability and make things happen?

If so, then in theory couldn't she simply say for no more Thanos and he'd be gone? Or have I gone off on completely the wrong tracks?

13. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

The death was pointless as would pretty much any superhero death on film be (yes I'm including Coulson as a superhero :cool:) unless they are the final film in an arc like TDKR. Just proves that these guys are better alive than dead whatever temporary dramatic gain you might get from their death. And now we have a stupid he didn't really die scenario which will cheapen any future death.

And agreed above, the only guy it really made a difference to was Stark and surely there was a better way of writing his motivation than killing off a good character.

14. mkilban2

I think the "holding his breath thing" was more keeping quiet than actually holding his breath and faking death. Kinda like Fury told the medics to back off knowing Phil was still alive, then fabricating a plan that he was actually dead when he wasn't... at least that's kind of what I hope they go with. Maybe SLJ can be secretly in the Shield show pilot for that extended scene or something.

15. Crimson King

The only way this works is if we never saw Coulson die. If we'd only heard it on Hill's comm, then that's one thing, but we (the audience) saw him die. He got stabbed straight through the chest. I don't buy anyone in that condition putting on an acting job.

I guess the point is moot, though. They're doing it. I'll still watch the show, but it kind of conditions the audience to expect these kinds of trick deaths in the future, and that's a bad thing. It robs Peter to pay Paul.

16. Crimson King

Thought this was interesting. Someone at Scans_Daily brought this up as a possible pair for the "brother/sister act."

Him and Her

17. Mr. Dent

Very possibly. Joss even said the Adam Warlock revival story in Marvel Two-In-One Annual #2 and Avengers Annual #7 were some of his favorite stories.

That said, considering Jeff Sneider said he's heard that QS and SW would be in the film and it would make more sense for them to be two of his favorite character rather than "Her", I'm inclined to believe it's the Maximoffs.

18. cherokeesam

At their highest levels, Wanda's powers make Thanos look like a *****, yeah. Check out Avengers Disassembled and House of M era to see Wanda become a frickin' goddess who manipulates reality to her own will.

Doubtful that Joss has any intention of pushing her powers that high yet in the MCU, though. I'd look for her instead to be modeled after the witches in Charmed, that sort of thing.

19. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Wanda started off affecting probability but she's more or less a reality warper now. Also, she knows a couple of spells such as combustion. The spells part would be a bit tricky but it can pretty much be handled the same as Loki was handled.

20. MarvelU

MarvelU Well-Known Member

If they introduce Magnetos offspring's Wanda and Pietro, then they should mention they are mutants. I know Fox owns the mutants, but perhaps Marvel and Fox can work out a deal about using the word mutant. Isn't the Marvel representative of Fox close with the main Marvel Studios guy? They could work something out if they wanted too.

21. Mjölnir

Mjölnir Guest

Given that Thor and Hulk haven't really been at their peaks power-wise it's really safe to assume that Scarlet Witch won't either. That goes especially for the extreme power peaks she had because either you make it all about her (i.e. a Scarlet Witch movie, not The Avengers), or she will be turned from a character into a boring plot device.

22. Hyde

Hyde Ooga-Chaka

That sounds kinda hard to portray on screen, since in theory she doesn't even need the rest of the Avengers. The only way I can think of doing it is having the reality warping spells and stuff such as combustion really difficult and power-draining to do, so she'd go for more simple stuff like 'Kill that goon' etc etc.

Thanks, btw

23. Repulsor Blast

Repulsor Blast Walloping Websnappers

so we are going to see quicksilver on the screen before the flash? that's...kind of hilarious.

can't wait to see what joss does with his powers.

ps. additions to the team without a own solo movie before hand? will this work?

24. cherokeesam

Well: Hawkeye. And to some extent, Black Widow.
    I personally think it'd be very difficult to just toss the Maximoffs into the mix without an hour or two of backstory, but I trust Joss as a writer.

25. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Maybe instead of being part of the Brotherhood of Evil, Wanda and Pietro could have been part of the Masters of Evil. It still puts them in an "evil" group, but dispenses with the need to have them part of some mutant team, and it's also close enough. It's still a story of them switching sides. They wouldn't even use the "evil" part of the name for the Masters and they didn't for the Brotherhood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.