Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why isn't that good? It makes a lot of sense for the MCU. I mean, Pym's character is shot a little bit because of that but he may not be as big a part of the MCU as we may be assuming...remember, he was supposed to be old in Wright's original Ant-Man script.

It's amazing Marvel managed to keep this under wraps all the way up to when they announced it. That incredible.

lol didn't el mayimbe say that Marvel was going to finally announce Dr. Strange at comic con? And that JGL is playing him?:whatever:

Why isn't that good? It makes a lot of sense for the MCU. I mean, Pym's character is shot a little bit because of that but he may not be as big a part of the MCU as we may be assuming...remember, he was supposed to be old in Wright's original Ant-Man script.

Mainly because I'm a fan of Pym. :p

Just don't want to see him get shafted.

lol didn't el mayimbe say that Marvel was going to finally announce Dr. Strange at comic con? And that JGL is playing him?:whatever:

He also said the A2 cast was going to be on stage. Dude is money.

I think it was just to surprise people. Ultron does resemble Iron Man.

That teaser really could be seen as implying that Stark will be involved in the creation of Ultron somehow.

Why on earth does it imply that Stark creates Ultron....?

What's implicit there is that Ultron takes over the Iron Man *suit.* Just as he did in the comics.

I wonder how Wanda and Pietro play into whatever Ultron is up to?

Who is this El Mayimbe you speak of? :o:hehe:

He says a lot of things haha

Why on earth does it imply that Stark creates Ultron....?

What's implicit there is that Ultron takes over the Iron Man *suit.* Just as he did in the comics.
Focusing on Iron Man's head specifically in the teaser, and reshaping it into Ultron implies that Ultron is created out of Iron Man. It's metaphorical. It doesn't point to Ultron taking over Iron Man's suit, that's a stupid arbitrary concept to focus on in a teaser. In a sense, they told us a lot about the foundation of the story without saying anything.

T"Challa;26415955 said:
This. I seriously doubt they will make Tony Ultron's creator. What then is the point of making an Ant-Man movie at all?
Is everyone forgetting Wright said SCOTT LANG is Ant-Man in his movie and Pym is old?? I know we thought he changed it to better fit the MCU but it may not be as different as we thought.

Focusing on Iron Man's head specifically in the teaser, and reshaping it into Ultron implies that Ultron is created out of Iron Man. It's metaphorical. It doesn't point to Ultron taking over Iron Man's suit, that's a stupid arbitrary concept to focus on in a teaser. In a sense, they told us a lot about the foundation of the story without saying anything.

No, it's not "stupid and arbitrary."
It's Mighty Avengers. 2007. Post-Civil War.
Bendis' fingerprints are all over it.

Honestly for this movie I see Hank Pym being in AOU and working with Stark to create Ultron. Maybe Pym is shown in an earlier movie like Cap 2 and he introduces the blueprints or prototype for Ultron. Or maybe Ultron can already fully exist in Cap 2, being an AI in the Triskelion or having those Ultron guards in the supervillain prison. In Ant-Man, Pym can be dealing with the aftermath of creating a monster like Ultron. Since Lang is rumored to be in the movie, he can take Pym's place as Ant-Man when he's depressed.

I can see how Ultron coming from Stark would make sense. It'd make for a nice continuity - in The Avengers Tony has begun tinkering with the idea of having his armor come to him, and that's followed through in Iron Man 3. Maybe in 2 years we'll look back and see the iron legion as a clear precursor to Ultron.

edit: and I think Ant-Man coming out a year later supports the 'not Pym' theory. It'd be really interesting to watch Marvel try and pitch a prequel to one of the characters from the previous summer's blockbuster, but I don't think they will.

No, it's not "stupid and arbitrary."
It's Mighty Avengers. 2007. Post-Civil War.
Bendis' fingerprints are all over it.
Stupid and arbitrary from the standpoint of USING IT IN A TEASER HINTING AT THE STORY. I'm not saying the concept itself is stupid.

Honestly for this movie I see Hank Pym being in AOU and working with Stark to create Ultron. Maybe Pym is shown in an earlier movie like Cap 2 and he introduces the blueprints or prototype for Ultron. Or maybe Ultron can already fully exist in Cap 2, being an AI in the Triskelion or having those Ultron guards in the supervillain prison. In Ant-Man, Pym can be dealing with the aftermath of creating a monster like Ultron. Since Lang is rumored to be in the movie, he can take Pym's place as Ant-Man when he's depressed.

I don't think Ant-Man will be a case of Lang "taking Pym's place when he's depressed"; rather just a storyline based on Lang stealing the suit, as the script has always been described. "To Steal an Ant-Man."

I'd prefer to see the way the Ant-Man angle is developing to be more reflective of the comics --- i.e., Lang becomes Ant-Man, and Pym becomes Giant-Man.

I couldn't understand your point. Why won't A2 reach 1.5bn?

With initial compliants of having 'Age of Ultron' or/and description that Hank may not had built Ultron,also using a big villain like Ultron in A2 instead of waiting after A3 (or least use have him in the end credits of A2).

With initial compliants of having 'Age of Ultron' or/and description that Hank may not had built Ultron,also using a big villain like Ultron in A2 instead of waiting after A3 (or least use have him in the end credits of A2).
All of these things are only problems with people who intimately know/read the comics, which account for far less than 1% of the population that will be going to see this movie. In terms of the MCU, Tony being the one to create Ultron makes a lot of sense and something regular people will not have a problem with based off of it being different from the comics.

I don't think Ant-Man will be a case of Lang "taking Pym's place when he's depressed"; rather just a storyline based on Lang stealing the suit, as the script has always been described. "To Steal an Ant-Man."

I'd prefer to see the way the Ant-Man angle is developing to be more reflective of the comics --- i.e., Lang becomes Ant-Man, and Pym becomes Giant-Man.

I think having Pym dealing with the pain of creating Ultron will create great internal conflict for Ant-Man. I'm hoping that's the route they take. Lang can steal it, but I would personally rather for Pym to not be using the Ant-Man suit at the time because of depression. Then he sees his stolen technology being used by Lang and he has to do something about it.

Could there be a 'masters of evil' that Ultron brings together?

It would be really awesome if that includes: The Mandarin, The Red Skull, Loki, and The Leader.

It would also be beyond simple to have a 'masters of evil' since we've met all of these villains before and they already have a strong connection to the heroes.

It would be really awesome if that includes: The Mandarin, The Red Skull, Loki, and The Leader.

It would also be beyond simple to have a 'masters of evil' since we've met all of these villains before and they already have a strong connection to the heroes.

They'd have to get someone other than Hugo Weaving...he's done with blockbuster movies

I would love that. Throw in Abomination, Kurse and maybe Malekith or Enchantress. Crossbones would be cool too.

Loki doesn't need to be there, though. However, I have to admit that seeing him interacting with all of the other villains would be interesting.

Last edited:
Yep, and it goes back to what Quesada was saying yesterday to IGN in that when Marvel puts out an event it tends to be an indication on where the filmverse is going. But as said, it's most likely only the title being used.

Interesting none the less. I wonder if Marvel might eventually try to cross pollinate both their films and comics, maybe even having events in the comics leading up to the movies. I somewhat doubt it because of the logistical nightmare I envision it being, but at this stage I wouldn't put it past them to at least try something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"