The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Discussion in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' started by Thread Manager, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

Yes, but would they choose focusing on Ant-Man over Iron Man? Would they choose giving a new plotline to their most important character or giving it to a character they're just introducing and having Stark take some what of a backseat? They'd choose Tony every time, especially since, like I said, he's not getting a solo film with RDJ again.

But we'll see.

2. Mr. Dent

No one's saying this isn't what they were doing. But when you do **** like that it usually means something. Them focusing specifically on Iron Man's head turning into Ultron means something. They don't do those kinds of things just because.

3. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

wait....what?

"Tony's story is about a guy who tries his best to make the world a better place with his brain, and just always ends up ****ing it over by accident in the process?"
    Seriously?
    That describes HANK PYM to a tee.
    It doesn't describe TONY STARK at all.
    Tony Stark tries his best to make the world a better place....and always succeeds.
    Hank Pym tries his best to make the world a better place....and always fails.

4. ThePowerCosmic

Stark's probably not getting a solo film again so soon, while Pym is a character that will be getting introduced in a couple of years. His world is just now beginning, and planting the seeds for his character to grow seems like a smart move by Marvel. Giving his character something heavy like the creation of Ultron might entice more people to want to see Ant-Man after watching AOU. Stark has already been through a lot, and Marvel has to expand.

5. Specter313

Specter313 Ghost of all things X

It's a teaser that they may never even release to the general public. They easily could have done it just because it was a cool design way to go about it. Marvel and Co also love their misdirection, and with the way some of these reactions are going, people are clearly taking the bait.

6. thalidomide

thalidomide The Enemy

My prediction:

Pym is introduce in A2

Creates Ultron prototype

Ultron becomes sentient and wreaks havoc.

Avengers defeats Ultron but still manages to survive

Pym decides to become Ant Man which leads to his solo film.

7. ThePowerCosmic

I assume Pym will become Ant-Man(perhaps even Giant Man?) in AOU to aid the Avengers and put a stop to Ultron.

I wonder if Janet will be in AOU if Hank is. Maybe she'll be in Ant-Man, and be the one to lift Hank out of a possible depression.

8. Mr. Dent

IM: Tony's company is a weapon manufacturer that supposedly makes weapons for the greater good of America. Tony believes he's doing good. Turns out they're selling under the table to terrorist groups.

IM2: Tony thinks he is doing good by keeping the IM armor all to himself and claims there's no way anyone will be able to develop it in the next 10 years. Turns out his schematics end up in the hands of his enemies.

IM3: Tony thinks he is helping this girl by finishing her equation. Leads to the creation of AIM and all the power backing them up.

His story is all about him trying to do something good, ****ing up, and then fixing the **** up, If you call him fixing his **** ups succeeding then yes, he succeeds...but not before ****ing up in the first place. It would be the same situation with Ultron, except this would be his biggest **** up ever and the biggest clean job as well...which will likely have lasting repercussions.

Like I said, we'll see.

They also like doing clever things like giving you details and hints about something without saying anything or making them blatant. They did it all throughout IM3.

9. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

I told everyone Ultron was gonna be the villain in Avengers 2, but noooo "Thanos" they said, "Masters of Evil" they said.

:)

10. thalidomide

thalidomide The Enemy

Ultron is an actor played by Keanu Reeves.

11. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Just saying, but a climax where the Avengers lie strewn all over the battlefield or on their knees, restrained by drones before Ultron, with only Hank left standing and he unleashes an army of giant ants to turn the tide would make me happier than a clam at high tide. :word:

12. ThePowerCosmic

It's possible that the Masters will still be in the movie.

13. Loki882

Loki882 Well-Known Member

So, any theories as to who Ultron is going to kill? Whedon did say that there would be death in the movie.

14. ThePowerCosmic

15. Saitou Hajime

Saitou Hajime Well-Known Member

Maybe Stark is more responsible for the physical body, but Ultron's soul is still based on Pym's brain patterns.

16. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

Knowing Joss Whedon it's going to be someone we really like lol.

17. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

Scott Lang? Hell, maybe after Pym created Ultron, and after he defeated him the first time (going by my theory of course) got all depressed and went into hiding. Scott Lang takes over as Ant-man, Giant-Man?

Ultron kills him, Pym comes into avengers 2 in some way, becomes an avenger. then, antman. maybe lol

18. KRYPTON INC.

I know it's a joke, but it makes me think even more how the SHIELD tv show will or will not be connected to all this. :hmm

19. Loki882

Loki882 Well-Known Member

Maria Hill is appearing in the pilot episode, so there is at least some connection. I could see Ultron killing Fury and Hill becoming director of SHIELD.

20. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

My bet. If Ultron kills a main character itll be Baron Zemo (when he takes over the MoE) and/or Captain America (who is temporarily replaced by Bucky).

21. JB-the-Hunter

JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

Any chance they release the teaser online like they did last time? (Which is still epic to this day might I add.)

22. SpideyFan866

SpideyFan866 Well-Known Member

Luckily for him, he labeled it a rumor when he reported that.

23. InJustice

InJustice Well-Known Member

Hmmm who do we really like...? That almost sounded like Tony Stark (until you see RDJ having a 2 film deal with Marvel to finish off the Avengers trilogy).

24. KRYPTON INC.

Well... That Mighty Avengers story had Ultron use Tony Stark's body. Soooo.......

25. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

I'm wondering the same thing tho the part where Logon goes back in time and kills Pym as part of a similar explanation as to absence in the other films.
    It would be a great explanation but still where would Ultron come from the whole movie?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.