Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony creating Ultron fits perfectly with his character arc and makes a lot of sense for putting him back into the suit. It would also explain how Joss plans to make the Avengers butt heads with each other: A lot of strife will be born from their de-facto leader being the one to build Ultron. How do they know they can trust each other if one of their own builds a death machine?

On top of all that, it creates and greater drama for the MCU itself. Tony being the one to build Ultron would hit harder with the audience. People would care about the personal torment Tony is going through after building Ultron, they wouldn't so much with Pym especially not before he even gets his own movie. It would sort of be like, "oh this random new character created a death machine and I should care about his own feelings why?"

I know a lot of us comic fans aren't going to like it but I'm just saying some of us should start coming to terms with it, just in case. Look at the positives of it and how it makes more sense in the MCU to have Tony be the one to build Ultron than Pym. Also remember it's no guarantee Pym will be as big a figure in the MCU as some of think. Remember Wright's original Ant-Man script. It may not be as different now as we thought it was.

I would love that. Throw in Abomination, Kurse and maybe Malekith or Enchantress. Crossbones would be cool too.

Loki doesn't need to be there, though. However, I have to admit that seeing him interacting with all of the other villains would be interesting.

Well, Loki would be there more for Thor finding a key arch-villain for each particular hero to go up against that he has an established history with.

As for finding a new Red Skull -- Bruce Banner's and Rhodey's already got a face-lift so I'd say it would be easy and easier since I don't think we'll see him in regular form again just skull form.

Tony creating Ultron fits perfectly with his character arc and makes a lot of sense for putting him back into the suit. It would also explain how Joss plans to make the Avengers butt heads with each other: A lot of strife will be born from their de-facto leader being the one to build Ultron. How do they know they can trust each other if one of their own builds a death machine?

On top of all that, it creates and greater drama for the MCU itself. Tony being the one to build Ultron would hit harder with the audience. People would care about the personal torment Tony is going through after building Ultron, they wouldn't so much with Pym especially not before he even gets his own movie. It would sort of be like, "oh this random new character created a death machine and I should care about his own feelings why?"

I know a lot of us comic fans aren't going to like it but I'm just saying some of us should start coming to terms with it, just in case. Look at the positives of it and how it makes more sense in the MCU to have Tony be the one to build Ultron than Pym.

Why does it need to be one or the other? Stark and Pym can be collaborating on the creation of Ultron. I want Pym to create the majority, though. It won't be some random character if he's introduced in AOU(possibly even an earlier film like Cap 2) before Ant-Man. We've already dealt with Stark in a dark place, so give another hero a chance to do it. And no one is more fitting in this type of situation than Pym, imo. Getting the audience to care about new characters is something that Marvel embraces.

Figured it might have been age of Ultron Seeing as nothing was appearing in the comics with Wundagore and there was a whole Avengers series on Age of Ultron

It's interesting that Ultron is the villain without Hank Pym being the creator, I'm guessing that Stark is going to be responsible for creating Ultron in this story which could make for a great story if done right.

Why does it need to be one or the other? Stark and Pym can be collaborating on the creation of Ultron. I want Pym to create the majority, though. It won't be some random character if he's introduced in AOU(possibly even an earlier film like Cap 2) before Ant-Man. We've already dealt with Stark in a dark place, so give another hero a chance to do it. And no one is more fitting in this type of situation than Pym, imo. Getting the audience to care about new characters is something that Marvel embraces.

Agreed.
Plus, Joss isn't going to sabotage Avengers canon *and* Edgar Wright's film in the same fell swoop. Taking Pym out of the Ultron equation makes Ant-Man (the movie and the character) utterly redundant. Nice move, Joss.

And you'd have a hard time selling to audiences a decent reason for their favorite superhero to suddenly create the most lethal supervillain they have yet to encounter. Nothing is to be gained by making Stark look like an idiot for *accidentally* making a robot that proceeds to destroy most of humanity. But making some heel like *Hank Pym* responsible for that kind of spectacular ****-up....? But of course.

They'd have to get someone other than Hugo Weaving...he's done with blockbuster movies

Until his wife demands a kitchen remodel or something, at least.

Not a fan of Stark creating Ultron. MAYBE if he's just *involved* somehow, but Pym should be there. Stark's had his story arc already.

Like if Stark Enterprises supplies the body/shell, but the actual brain and personality is Pym's work. That's be acceptable.

I think it is way too soon for us to be debating story points since they are really aren't that set in stone in the script.

Agreed.
Plus, Joss isn't going to sabotage Avengers canon *and* Edgar Wright's film in the same fell swoop. Taking Pym out of the Ultron equation makes Ant-Man (the movie and the character) utterly redundant. Nice move, Joss.

And you'd have a hard time selling to audiences a decent reason for their favorite superhero to suddenly create the most lethal supervillain they have yet to encounter. Nothing is to be gained by making Stark look like an idiot for *accidentally* making a robot that proceeds to destroy most of humanity. But making some heel like *Hank Pym* responsible for that kind of spectacular ****-up....? But of course.
Would show Stark's arrogance, but then again he kinda outgrew it in IM3so nevermind :(

This is awesome news did not expect this whedon pulled a hell of a curve ball

It's never too soon to speculate.

let's see they announced that Ultron is the villain in A2 and we are debating the merits of Tony making him versus Pym. That too me is too early.

Agreed.

Yep. :up:

Not a fan of Stark creating Ultron. MAYBE if he's just *involved* somehow, but Pym should be there. Stark's had his story arc already.

Like if Stark Enterprises supplies the body/shell, but the actual brain and personality is Pym's work. That's be acceptable.

This I could go for. Stark providing the body/weapons, while Pym handles the brain.

Pretty awesome news! Did not expect them to throw out a title or the villain this early. Well done Marvel!

let's see they announced that Ultron is the villain in A2 and we are debating the merits of Tony making him versus Pym. That too me is too early.

For the rest of us, the announcement of Ultron in A2 is going to naturally spark up a conversation about who creates him and the repercussions of doing so.

I'm not saying it HAS to be one or the other, I was just listing reasons why it makes more sense on a multitude of fronts to have Tony build Ultron in the MCU rather than Pym and how Joss and the guys at Marvel may be looking at it. Pym creating Ultron may mean a lot to us, but it means nothing to 99.9999999% of the rest of the population, and there are too many pros to having Tony do the deep than Pym to ignore just to be comic book faithful to something that doesn't even need to be cut and pasted from the comics.

Yeah but what were you guys expecting? For Tony to take a backseat in the Avengers? He's still going to be the pseudo-main character in those movies, especially since it doesn't look like he's getting another solo film anytime soon. I'm not saying he'll be the complete focus, but he will be integral to the plot in the same way Wolverine is in X-Men films. He was always going to have a new character arc. Tony's story is about a guy who tries his best to make the world a better place with his brain, and just always ends up ****ing it over by accident in the process. Him creating Ultron fits perfectly with that and opens up a whole new slew of routes they can take the character into, which they will definitely want for their most important character.

I think Ultron's body/shell was sent down to New Mexico to prevent Thor from returning to Asgard. Indestructible armored forms are hard to come by in the MCU.

You got a lot of nerds (including me) a little concerned that Hank Pym is getting passed over in favor of Stark. It's worthy of discussion imo.

I think it is way too soon for us to be debating story points since they are really aren't that set in stone in the script.

They invited this when they made Iron Man's helmet turn into Ultron.

I think Ultron's body/shell was sent down to New Mexico to prevent Thor from returning to Asgard. Indestructible armored forms are hard to come by in the MCU.

Repurposing the Destroyer is a pretty clever idea. Kudos. :up:

For the rest of us, the announcement of Ultron in A2 is going to naturally spark up a conversation about who creates him and the repercussions of doing so.

I only bring this up because Marvel has been good for capturing the spirit of the books while not being comic-accurate. At this point Ultron could be anything from left over alien tech to a faulty version of Javis downloading into a IM suit that wasnt destroyed.

By all means continue the discussion...just don't get so heated about it

I'm not saying it HAS to be one or the other, I was just listing reasons why it makes more sense on a multitude of fronts to have Tony build Ultron in the MCU rather than Pym and how Joss and the guys at Marvel may be looking at it. Pym creating Ultron may mean a lot to us, but it means nothing to 99.9999999% of the rest of the population, and there are too many pros to having Tony do the deep than Pym to ignore just to be comic book faithful to something that doesn't even need to be cut and pasted from the comics.

Like I said, getting the audience to care about new characters is Marvel's specialty. If he's introduced in something like Cap 2 or A2 the audience has a chance to care about the character before Ant-Man. This seems like too much of a great opportunity to pass up. Stark has had his arc and RDJ might not want to be in any more solo movies. A2 shouldn't be exploring Stark's conflict after creating Ultron since we've already seen the character in so many dark spots during his life. Pym is the one that will be getting a solo movie directly after A2, and I see it as the chance to show Pym's struggle with the events in AOU still very fresh on the audiences' minds. I think it's the route they'll take at the moment, but only time will tell.

It's interesting that Ultron is the villain without Hank Pym being the creator, I'm guessing that Stark is going to be responsible for creating Ultron in this story which could make for a great story if done right.

Nothing has been said that Pym won't have a hand in creating him. I don't know why so many people are jumping to this conclusion. So what if they had IM's helmet change to Ultron's. Ever stop to think that they just wanted to use the character who is the most successful so far and turn that into the villain because they thought it looked cool and had no bearing on the film whatsoever? Let's wait until we know some more plot details before we jump all over the place with this stuff.

I only bring this up because Marvel has been good for capturing the spirit of the books while not being comic-accurate. At this point Ultron could be anything from left over alien tech to a faulty version of Javis downloading into a IM suit that wasnt destroyed.

By all means continue the discussion...just don't get so heated about it

I don't think anyone's getting heated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88