Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 47

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've talked about it in the Captain Marvel boards, but no to Joss on that project. He expressed disinterest in the character, has openly been wanting to do original works, and I'd like to see a fresh perspective brought it for a new character -- one who actually likes her. There's really no reason to put him on the project other than the narrow correlation that he's made things with female leads and superheroes.

Pumped for the clip. I've been avoiding TV spots and will refrain from future clips, but the first clip is always cool since it oftentimes captures the pace and tone a little more in context than trailer shots.

tumblr_nmn3k7MQeo1t24i2zo1_r1_500.gif

:hmr:

Most reaction tweets said this was Hawkeye's story essentially. I wonder what happened to the "Iron Man" will be the centre of AoU posts.

All this talk about recasting the main cast in a few years has me feeling unsettled...I don't want any of the actors we got now being replaced. I'm only saying this for continuity sake. It will look bad and won't feel the same without the chemistry of the main cast being together.

Most reaction tweets said this was Hawkeye's story essentially. I wonder what happened to the "Iron Man" will be the centre of AoU posts.

They joined the "Hawkeye is irrelevant" posts in the land of the forgotten:cwink:

I am severely worried about who dies in this film... i have someone i hope it is... and someone i really truly hope it is not... and will be quite ticked off..

So i think id rather know ahead of time so i have time to process it prior to the theater...

Can't wait to see Vision in this

Devin Faraci @devincf
The arrival of The Vision in ULTRON feels like it heralds a new age of superhero movies. He's so colorful, so weird, so unique.

Too bad these quotes have to come from ^^^

All this talk about recasting the main cast in a few years has me feeling unsettled...I don't want any of the actors we got now being replaced. I'm only saying this for continuity sake. It will look bad and won't feel the same without the chemistry of the main cast being together.

Sadly, all good things come to an end at some point. :csad:

I'm under the mentality that once we get the Infinity War films finished, I will be a content fan. All of us fans have been very lucky to have this incredible cast stick around for as long as they have (and will continue to be around until at least the end of Phase 3).

Aside from the Hulk, we've had the same cast since 2008, in multiple franchises. Something like this would have been downright unheard of back in the 90's, or in the early 2000's.

I must say, I don't understand the hate for Devin Faraci. Especially on these boards, the guys a huge Marvel fanboy and everything he has posted about AOU has checked out so far.

So...what I'm getting from the earlier reactions:

-Tone totally different than the 1st
-Hawkeye has more 'good' screen time
-a little heavy on plot :mnm:
:hmm:csh:
I wonder w/the subdue reactions,some people were caught off guard by the tone?

Sounds like they're truly doing an "Empire Strikes Back" with this one. Check up on reviews from back in the old days. Many, many critics and such stated that ESB was a step down from A New Hope. They said it was too dark, and that it had lost that magic touch. Basically it just "wasn't as fun as the first". All I've heard from peoples early reactions to AoU only makes me happy, cause it sounds like this film is going into ESB territory, catching people off guard, since it's very different from the first Avengers. It sounds to take new risks and that it's way deeper than the first. That's just all kinds of awesome!:mnm:

I am severely worried about who dies in this film... i have someone i hope it is... and someone i really truly hope it is not... and will be quite ticked off..

So i think id rather know ahead of time so i have time to process it prior to the theater...

I think HawkEye dies, seeing how he sounds to be getting such a great storyline during this film. It's a strong build-up to his own death in the end, I think. Sending him off in a way so that people will actually find it sad when he goes... Just a hunch.

Sounds like they're truly doing an "Empire Strikes Back" with this one. Check up on reviews from back in the old days. Many, many critics and such stated that ESB was a step down from A New Hope. They said it was too dark, and that it had lost that magic touch. Basically it just "wasn't as fun as the first". All I've heard from peoples early reactions to AoU only makes me happy, cause it sounds like this film is going into ESB territory, catching people off guard, since it's very different from the first Avengers. It sounds to take new risks and that it's way deeper than the first. That's just all kinds of awesome!:mnm:

I think HawkEye dies, seeing how he sounds to be getting such a great storyline during this film. It's a strong build-up to his own death in the end, I think. Sending him off in a way so that people will actually find it sad when he goes... Just a hunch.

But he's confirmed for civil war...

I have a feeling a lot of people are going to be surprised and pleased with how Vision appears in AoU. The fact they've hidden much of his reveal, save for the EW cover and character poster, means they have high hopes for him.

No surprises there. Whedon is of the annoying hypocritical aggression wing of the capital F feminism party. He thinks all women are superheroes. Which, of course, is no worse stereotyping than what he accuses others of doing. Some women are cowards, some are leaders, some are liars, some are saviors. But all women are complex...almost kinda like dudes. Imagine that.

And the most pointless rant of the day goes to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"