Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 52

Mjölnir;32110639 said:
Avatar was a special event since it really made people interested in 3D in a way no one had ever seen before. They will never be able to create that unique of an experience again, since it's already been done, so they will most likely do a lot less. Still, if the sequels make AoU numbers the studio is basically printing money.

As for competing with Star Wars, they will be moving the Star Wars movies to summertime, starting with Episode VIII which comes out in May 2017.
Won't that clash with the Marvel movies then?

Anyone else find it weird how Cho survived, albeit in poor condition, after being thrown across the lab by Ultron's blast yet her assistants were killed by a few tiny shots from the sentries' arm cannons?

Seemed weird...

Anyone else find it weird how Cho survived, albeit in poor condition, after being thrown across the lab by Ultron's blast yet her assistants were killed by a few tiny shots from the sentries' arm cannons?

Seemed weird...

She was only hit in the shoulder IIRC.

Ultron had the hots for Cho. So he subconsciously held back on attacking her.

Won't that clash with the Marvel movies then?

I don't think Disney is concerned about stepping on Marvel Studios toes. Disney wanted Star Wars The Force Awakens to open in May alongside Age of Ultron. The only reason they moved it to December was because JJ wanted more time for production. He wanted May 2016. They met him halfway with December 2015. Their plan was always to release the Star Wars Episode movies in May so they are going back to May for Episode viii and ix.

Besides, Star wars owned the month of May decades before the MCU and Marvel Studios existed. It's a part of the star wars tradition and the default month to release Star Wars films. So it makes sense that they would let it have May and move MCU films to another month if they need to. Not that it will hurt Marvel. At this point MCU films could come out in September or January and still pull in good profits.

Marvel isn't moving out of May. There's no need. A Star Wars movie won't open until the Marvel's movies 4th weekend when usually 80-90% of film's box office has already been made. Next year Disney is doing to the same with Alice In Wonderland 2 opening over Memorial Day w/e.

Though in 2017 it's Guardian Of The Galaxy 2 and Star Wars and both being action adventure movies in Space might hurt both movies.

I don't think Disney is concerned about stepping on Marvel Studios toes. Disney wanted Star Wars The Force Awakens to open in May alongside Age of Ultron. The only reason they moved it to December was because JJ wanted more time for production. He wanted May 2016. They met him halfway with December 2015. Their plan was always to release the Star Wars Episode movies in May so they are going back to May for Episode viii and ix.

Besides, Star wars owned the month of May decades before the MCU and Marvel Studios existed. It's a part of the star wars tradition and the default month to release Star Wars films. So it makes sense that they would let it have May and move MCU films to another month if they need to. Not that it will hurt Marvel. At this point MCU films could come out in September or January and still pull in good profits.

That'd be funny if they released an MCU movie in September. There would be no competition, it'd probably be at the #1 spot for 6 or 7 weeks.

Ultron had the hots for Cho. So he subconsciously held back on attacking her.

He probably also didn't want to kill her because her expertise could be of use to him if he encountered a problem with uploading his consciousness into Vision.

Mjölnir;32055825 said:
The studios have deals with the theaters to not release it on home video too soon as it would cause people to stop going to the theaters and just wait for the home release. There's more than the US market as well.
Let's be honest, in the US releasing it in September as opposed to October will have an effect of almost zero on the box office. They didn't wait this long for the first movie, why are they doing it now?

And if they were concerned about the international market then why was the digital HD released today?

Let's be honest, in the US releasing it in September as opposed to October will have an effect of almost zero on the box office. They didn't wait this long for the first movie, why are they doing it now?

And if they were concerned about the international market then why was the digital HD released today?

digital is almost always now released a month early... the hard copies aren't released at the same time so online streaming can make some money off it in the mean time too

Random thought but I wonder if that beer Thor gave Cap affected him. I mean it's not of earth.

Random thought but I wonder if that beer Thor gave Cap affected him. I mean it's not of earth.

Thor did say it had been aged a 1000 years or something like that, so if it was potent enough it would have surely had an effect on him, it sure did get Stan Lee feeling good.:hehe:

l556AKf.png

Match 10:Fallen Angel vs. SlackBrian
Match 11: AnneFan vs. MrMaooz
Match 12: DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs vs. Naked Shia

Did anyone watch the "unnecessary censoring" video of Avengers. I was gonna post it even though it doesn't have any swear words ;) since your imagination does all the work. But I don't want to risk it.

It is hilarious.

The opening scene to this movie is awesome on so many levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"