Infinity War The AVENGERS INFINITY WAR OFFICIAL SPOILER Thread - Part 2

The actual answer is the first Thor movie showed an Infinity Gauntlet on Asgard and it was later retconned.

Thanos isn't a human, though

This.

Anatomy and physiology of an non terran humanoid creature would not be likely even in our real world science to follow what we know happens to us humans.

So in a fictional universe derived from comics where almost everyone had muscle defintion only seen in body building contests it's easy for him to have a perfectly symmetrical body.

Makes sense that his body would be a damn near perfect physical specimen. He is a Titan and a godlike being.

I completely understand that rationale for it, but sometimes imperfections help sell the illusion of CGI being more real. For instance, the effects on the Outriders in this film were excellent. The fact that they had blotchy skin inspired by certain real life mammals helped sell the illusion of their skin texturing and tactile appearance in the film.

I'm just saying that, upon reflection, I think the realism of Thanos' physique would have benefited from similar imperfections. They incorporated them into things like his finger nails and arm hairs, which goes a long way to selling his CGI in close-ups. I'm just saying that in wide shots, similar imperfections in muscle shape and size would only add to the CGI as well.

As Brutikus mentioned, the physiques of comic book superheroes are based on top level professional bodybuilders. All of them have these sort of imperfections. I was thinking about the slight differences between Arnold Schwarzenegger's arms during his peak in the 1970s. Despite being about as perfectly built as a human being can be, his famous biceps (and most other muscles) were slightly different in shape and size. These sort of imperfections are invisible to most, but they add an additional layer of realism. As I said, it is a tiny nitpick.

I completely understand that rationale for it, but sometimes imperfections help sell the illusion of CGI being more real. For instance, the effects on the Outriders in this film were excellent. The fact that they had blotchy skin inspired by certain real life mammals helped sell the illusion of their skin texturing and tactile appearance in the film.

I'm just saying that, upon reflection, I think the realism of Thanos' physique would have benefited from similar imperfections. They incorporated them into things like his finger nails and arm hairs, which goes a long way to selling his CGI in close-ups. I'm just saying that in wide shots, similar imperfections in muscle shape and size would only add to the CGI as well.

As Brutikus mentioned, the physiques of comic book superheroes are based on top level professional bodybuilders. All of them have these sort of imperfections. I was thinking about the slight differences between Arnold Schwarzenegger's arms during his peak in the 1970s. Despite being about as perfectly built as a human being can be, his famous biceps (and most other muscles) were slightly different in shape and size. These sort of imperfections are invisible to most, but they add an additional layer of realism. As I said, it is a tiny nitpick.

I haven't seen noticeable asymmetry in the muscle sizes and shapes of lifters and buildings. asymmetry in the vascularity and skin yes but size and shape? and to a noticeable level?

There's a spoiler talk on Double Toasted.

I still don't get why people make a big deal out of that someone loses their accent. Is it mind-boggling to them that actors can change their accents as well?

I agree that Thanos arms look too sculpted but then I see Hemsworth’s arms and then I shut up.

I haven't seen noticeable asymmetry in the muscle sizes and shapes of lifters and buildings. asymmetry in the vascularity and skin yes but size and shape? and to a noticeable level?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. A good example is Arnold's biceps. The one has a higher peak than the other when flexed. Or the pattern of most athletes' abs. I only mentioned it because I say the shot of Thanos and thought he looked too perfect and then I remembered an article I read once upon a time about perfect symmetry in digital models contributing to an uncanny valley effect. We all have symmetry issues in our bodies, faces, etc.

hope that in future they implement somehow battles of the Avengers vs Guardians... more.

Hoped for Groot vs Hulk and more.

Cant wait for the flying swords of Gamora vs Ironman, Cap and Thor...

Interesting how much we got the Hulkbuster armor this time?

Interesting will be to see if Black Panther 2 may be more like Thor 3 and Captain America 3, that means to feature more heroes and villians at once, Antman and Wasp, Hulk and others could get a Claw-hard oponent and Zemo is alive there... Ghost ? who hired this guy?

Good that Thanos and army and the Black Order, good that we got more oponents and battles, interesting will be to see how they will do more in second part.

Somebody else thinks it was fishy and too easy to beat Ultron in second avengers movie and that ultimate death of Loki could bring us something new and awsome?
If not battles of Guardians in this 2 movies then maybe a next Civil war with Captain Marvel sequel?

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_p84y7cdSvO1ty99rh_500.jpg

Damn it I want a rematch between Thanos and Hulk in a one on one fight

Why did wong completely bottle it and go home when strange was taken?

Why did wong completely bottle it and go home when strange was taken?

He's basically playing substitute teacher for Strange. He knew the others were going after him.

somebody else think that more infinity stones will be used in future after part 2?

Adam Warlock is somewhere there too.
This would be a great ocasion to visit earth and make a big crossover and battles with the Avengers.

If this 2 parts will be war, then Infinity Gauntlet? The Infinity Crusade? could be for phase four?

Taking that after infinity war we are getting spiderman and guardians of the galaxy there could be great impact.

After 10 years of build up for this I hope not.

Hmm not sure how closely you actually follow bodybuilding but if you think that Thanos' physique in the film was somehow more "perfect" and had less imperfections than actual human bodybuilders then I'd guess not very.

Thanos' muscle insertions, proportions, definition etc. were all very, very weird in the context of real life humans and if they were seen on a human it would be strange af

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"