Arrow The Barry Allen/The Flash Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you know who and some others will whine with the usual nerd rage hyperbole... some people will never learn.

Hopefully Candice will do fine and the show will be good, these changes don't really matter, is the acting and writing that will. :word:

Isn't the Jesse Eisenberg casting all the rage right now?

Kreisberg and Johns with Carlos Valdes:

tumblr_n0hubawkLn1smamr9o1_500.jpg

Never seen or heard of Candice before but man is she hot:

candice.jpg

Also cool news about Vibe. I know that Johns is a huge fan of the character so having him feature on this show is largely due to Geoff. (Both also from Detroit :D)

Never seen or heard of Candice before but man is she hot:

candice.jpg

Also cool news about Vibe. I know that Johns is a huge fan of the character so having him feature on this show is largely due to Geoff. (Both also from Detroit :D)

She is pretty fine. :up:

Also kind of racially ambiguous looking in that pic if that's even her.

But good. We have our "Iris West". We're one step closer to seeing the costume now... :)

I see nothing ambiguous about her. All I see is hotness, though that's a weird airbrushed pic.

I see nothing ambiguous about her. All I see is hotness, though that's a weird airbrushed pic.

She doesn't look black black in that pic...skin's too light. Looks more latino black than anything, IMO.

She doesn't look black black in that pic...skin's too light. Looks more latino black than anything, IMO.

Man, there's so much wrong with that statement I kinda want to laugh.

Man, there's so much wrong with that statement I kinda want to laugh.

"She's Diet black. Just one calorie, not black enough." -- Kevin Smith, when he learned of this casting info.

:hehe:

You know you laughed. :o

She's really pretty. I haven't seen her act in anything, so I'm interested to see how she does. Since Carlos Valdez is apparently playing Cisco Ramon, I wonder how long it will be until her actually becomes Vibe? Arrow has been paying that sort of stuff off much quicker than I expected, so hopefully Flash is the same way.

Now here and here, she looks just as beautiful, but definitely more black:

MV5BMjE3MjUwNjk3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDE4MjU2MQ@@._V1._SX590_SY890_.jpg

candice_patton.jpg

Last edited:
Well she doesn't look red haired or auburn in any of 'em....but I ain't saying anything.

:D

Last edited:
....but green eyes are a MUST!!! HOLLYWOOD NEEDS MORE GREEN EYED ACTRESSES, DAMMIT!!!

:o

Edit: (sarcasm in case mikelus didn't get it... ;) )

I just hope that they don't make Barry's relationship with Iris as angst filled like Oliver's one with Laurel is right from the start.

All I care about is that they get Barry and Flash right on this show. As long as they do that I can handle everything and anything else.

Can't wait to see more recent pics of Gustin...wonder what shape he's in now...

All I care about is that they get Barry and Flash right on this show. As long as they do that I can handle everything else.

I can definitely understand that.

For me, I'm only looking for three things (at the moment) from this show...

1. Like you said, get Barry and the Flash right on the show.

2. Provide us with great portrayals/characterizations regarding his rogues/villains.

3. Don't force us to like/emphasize with a character/relationship that's pretty much mundane and painful (in a bad way) to watch.

I can definitely understand that.

For me, I'm only looking for three things (at the moment) from this show...

1. Like you said, get Barry and the Flash right on the show.

2. Provide us with great portrayals/characterizations regarding his rogues/villains.

3. Don't force us to like/emphasize with a character/relationship that's pretty much mundane and painful (in a bad way) to watch.

3 is one of the things I'm most worried about with the show - CW and the former The WB are notorious for that kind of crap permeating all of their shows...the stuff that makes me change the channel and only check in around the first and last 20 minute mark....I am really hoping there's none at all or as little as possible in the show, I want to watch it all the way through unlike what I do with Arrow...the pretentiousness and soap opera-ness of it is just so *****ey to me...I'm very scared the Barry/Iris relationship is going to be that; some intended to be cutesy relationship we're supposed to like but is really terrible and annoying as hell, the characterizations they released for the Barry/Iris relationship were downright scary... but I'm hoping for some cool CSI/classic lab stuff of Barry in the lab and being Barry Allen and hunting down bad guys and cool Flash stuff with the powers and suit. That's where my optimism is based at the moment.

It's because they airbrushed and photoshopped that picture to make her look more Caucasian. That's how the industry works sadly.

This is how she really looks like. She's 100% Black. I hope the network doesn't give her a Katie Cassidy makeover.

29ehhjm.jpg

Man I know somebody taught you better than this. Black people come in all shades it's not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"