BvS The Batsuit Thread - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
94liCW9.jpg

How do you guys think they'll release the first image?

I imagine the image that Kevin Smith has seen is the one that we will see, too.

All this debate over whether his eyes should always be shown or covered is silly.

Just give him retractable lenses, and make him aware of his ability to connect on a more human and intimate/personal level without them.

Problem solved.

And maybe if he has white, glowing eyes, don't make them so damned bright. Make it a bit smokier. A bit more "eerie".

See, I don't think so...because in the comics/animation, IIRC they're not supposed to be lenses or cataracts or actual contacts/white eyes...they're an artistic representation of regular eyes within that graphic sensibility.

Historically. For the last 20 years or so, they're generally depicted as lenses.

why should the lenses glow or be white?
they could have a lot of utilitarian purposes but none of them would make them glow white. (other than intimidating someone)
they could be there for no other reason than to protect his eyes or they could have some high tech built into them. and they would still appear transparent for the most part unless they needed to go darker to protect him from being blinded by bright light.

Historically. For the last 20 years or so, they're generally depicted as lenses.

That would depend on continuity though. For instance, Kal-Mart is right in regards to TAS, since there's an obvious lack of white lenses in the cowl (in that particular episode, we see Bruce covered in a Bandana with his normal eyes).

Cape_and_Cowl_Twist.jpg

All this debate over whether his eyes should always be shown or covered is silly.

Just give him retractable lenses, and make him aware of his ability to connect on a more human and intimate/personal level without them.

Problem solved.

And maybe if he has white, glowing eyes, don't make them so damned bright. Make it a bit smokier. A bit more "eerie".

I actually think bright lenses would be pretty creepy.

ea21db3a2fdfba62a9f6c85bded17a36_jpg_itok_e_Tbmr_R.jpg

I'd love for Batman to be hiding in the shadows and silhouettes being the only visible images. It'd be great for a thug to finally see the "eyes" and then seeing a silhouette of a person falling, followed by a flashlight that reveals the room, a KO'd body, and Batman gone :)

I actually think bright lenses would be pretty creepy.

ea21db3a2fdfba62a9f6c85bded17a36_jpg_itok_e_Tbmr_R.jpg

I'd love for Batman to be hiding in the shadows and silhouettes being the only visible images. It'd be great for a thug to finally see the "eyes" and then seeing a silhouette of a person falling, followed by a flashlight that reveals the room, a KO'd body, and Batman gone :)

Coco gets it. A scene like that would be just so sick.

^ I guess the body would have to have a note on it or something ;)

"I'll be back for you."

Bring Batman back as a horror figure, but with a moralistic context.

Problem solved.

Agreed, I would go for that.

Problem solved.

Like the in the last episode of "Gotham Knight"????

Wouldn't anything official come out in about a year's time? The movie is slated for 2016.

Wouldn't anything official come out in about a year's time? The movie is slated for 2016.

Not necessarily, the first official image of Henry in costume came out shortly after filming for MOS began so that the first pic of the suit wouldn't be a crappy photo taken from 100 yards away. So it's not unlikely that they'd do something similar for the Batfleck.

How about when there's enough light to see his regular eyes...they're regular eyes. When he's in silhouette or it's too dark to see anything but a dark shape...we see the white eyes like we do in comics/animation. Just let it be a visual, no explanation or lenses, contact, lights or such. It's just there when it needs to be, and not there when we can see his eyes.

33pc6e1.jpg

25sne9w.jpg

Kal - My Batflecking skills + your eye and ear shaping skills, along w/ BatFan1979's mods have been yielding some pretty off the charts! I'm loving those pics. What tweaks did you make to the top one after I posted the face?

I think I could go for your suggestion, just letting it happen, no explanation - but then again, I'm a junky for the white eyes and I'll take them on screen however I can get them ;) That said, I think there are plenty good explanations ;)

I'm about to post a bunch more pictures that I am just polishing off now. You should take a crack at fixing them up, cuz they are rough as hell.

Also... could you please do a merging of the eyes that you did in your dark image with the above picture?

How about when there's enough light to see his regular eyes...they're regular eyes. When he's in silhouette or it's too dark to see anything but a dark shape...we see the white eyes like we do in comics/animation. Just let it be a visual, no explanation or lenses, contact, lights or such. It's just there when it needs to be, and not there when we can see his eyes.

33pc6e1.jpg

25sne9w.jpg

It looks familiar..in a good way.
tumblr_m74wt0JKDW1qdcfc3o1_500.gif

Really, a split second POV shot (Terminator Style) of what Batman sees would be all the explanation one would really need. Such a shot would both "dehumanize him" and explain the purpose for the eyes (with night vision capability being the underlying reason)

New batch. I might need a 12-step Batmanippers Anonymous to break this habit...

blackfleck2.jpg

Bat_Fleck_Feb10_3_black.jpg

Alternates:
Bat_Fleck_Feb10_1.jpg

blackfleck1.jpg

Here's some funny ones to go with my decently sweet ones above...

Ben Affleck looking almost exactly like Ben Stiller, and a crappy Josh Brolin attempt. I gotta say, I've tried making quite a few Brolin manips and they just never come out right. When Fleck was first announced, I was super annoyed because I thought Jon Hamm or Josh Brolin would have been infinitely better... Jon Hamm's face fits the cowl like a charm, very often... I've never been able to get Brolin's to fit.

Brolin_Stillerfleck.jpg

The one on the left has a lot in common with this manip I made based on Vigilant's model, which looked even more similar until I did some mods - like smoothing out the ridges on the cowl.

batmanip4.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member