BvS The Batsuit Thread - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was tons of green screen and CGI in Man of Steel. I liked the handheld look but if he drops it for this film, I won't mind. Further more I have seen no proof that this is going to be an all green screen affair.

The movie comes out in 2016 now, they have not even starting shooting it with the actors. They have no obligation to release costume pictures right now.

The delay in unveiling the costume has me worried that this film will be shot on stdui and green screen sets rather than out in the open like Dark Knight Rises and Winter Soldier. While the viral spoiling from nearby fans taking shots can be annoying the films look far more impressive shot in real streets. I hope Synder doesn't take backward steps as a director and return to what he did with Watchmen. Man of Steel was a far better looking film because he used locations when possible.

I can't imagine there will be a significant change in style.

Remember that time in the 80s when some folks wanted Bill Murray to play Batman?

batmurray2.jpg

batmurray.jpg

Maybe Murray will finally win his Oscar as an old, grizzled Dark Knight? ;)

You gotta admit... he'd make a KILLER Penguin, though.

bm-hudson_2468474b.jpg

There was tons of green screen and CGI in Man of Steel. I liked the handheld look but if he drops it for this film, I won't mind. Further more I have seen no proof that this is going to be an all green screen affair.

The movie comes out in 2016 now, they have not even starting shooting it with the actors. They have no obligation to release costume pictures right now.

Bingo.

And TBH, the only reason they released a picture last time wws because they were doing HEAVY exterior shooting, and the suit was gonna be seen anyway.

Now that's not to say they won't. Odds are they will when they put out the press release announcing the start of production, and the cast.

However, we shouldn't be shocked if they don't.

Last edited:
Remember that time in the 80s when some folks wanted Bill Murray to play Batman?

batmurray2.jpg

batmurray.jpg

Maybe Murray will finally win his Oscar as an old, grizzled Dark Knight? ;)

You gotta admit... he'd make a KILLER Penguin, though.

bm-hudson_2468474b.jpg

I don't even SORT OF remember that. Lol what a terrible suggestion, but I'd love to see him involved somehow. I'm always up for Bill Murray showing up in anything.

The delay in unveiling the costume has me worried that this film will be shot on stdui and green screen sets rather than out in the open like Dark Knight Rises and Winter Soldier. While the viral spoiling from nearby fans taking shots can be annoying the films look far more impressive shot in real streets. I hope Synder doesn't take backward steps as a director and return to what he did with Watchmen. Man of Steel was a far better looking film because he used locations when possible.

I suspect that this film will have considerably less green screen work, and in studio work. Instead, opting mostly for on location shoots.

Here's a bigger version of that art. There are a lot of cool details, but that belt SUCKS!

batman_by_jpatricka-d6u49v5.jpg

Did anybody already make a 'Batman never skips leg-day' joke yet?

....Because apparently Batman never skips leg-day.

I don't even SORT OF remember that. Lol what a terrible suggestion, but I'd love to see him involved somehow. I'm always up for Bill Murray showing up in anything.
Oh, I remember that... it was back in the day when you only learned of these things from Entertainment Tonight or Starlog... and while it was outside the box casting to be sure (though no more so than Keaton, who was also thought of as a terrible suggestion at the time) worse things subsequently happened to Batman than the idea of Murray in the role. I can't say Murray would have been bad or that he would have been any good, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and truth be told I've always been interested in what might have been... in the same way I've always been kinda interested in that bizarre Aronofsky Year One script.

Oh, I remember that... it was back in the day when you only learned of these things from Entertainment Tonight or Starlog... and while it was outside the box casting to be sure (though no more so than Keaton, who was also thought of as a terrible suggestion at the time) worse things subsequently happened to Batman than the idea of Murray in the role. I can't say Murray would have been bad or that he would have been any good, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and truth be told I've always been interested in what might have been... in the same way I've always been kinda interested in that bizarre Aronofsky Year One script.

The Aronofsky treatment that I read about sounded terrible, but hey, I'd watch it in theaters! haha

I think Murray could have been interesting at the time, but I'm very glad it didn't happen.

Getting things back on track with a new Batfleck that I actually like a good bit...

batfleckapril12.jpg

I can't imagine anything this traditional making it to the screen, but hey, looks pretty freaking on the money to me.

I suspect that we will be getting a relative amalgam of these, the Arkham Origins and Lee Bermejo "Noel" batsuits. So far, every description has pointed to it.

7118_batman-arkham-origins-prev.png

batman-costume-1.jpg

DC+ARKHAM+ORIGINS+STATUE+014.jpg

batman_arkham_origins_batman_by_armachamcorp-d6rsb53.jpg

Last edited:
I suspect that we will be getting a relative amalgam of these, the Arkham Origins and Lee Bermejo "Noel" batsuits. So far, every description has pointed to it.

I agree, and I'm quite used to the Bermejo look now. It really is a pretty thoughtful design, although I hated it at the time. I prefer the newest Bermejo design, which takes everything that worked off-the-bat (har har) about his design and melds it with the New 52 suit.

Secret_Fleck.jpg

That's the newest Bermejo, Fleck'd.

It wouldn't be a stretch to add some of the Origins look to this. I'd be shocked if the overall design of anything Batman related in the movie isn't influenced by the Arkham games in some way...

Still... I'd prefer something like the pic I just posted, of course. Classic Batman, and I think he looks pretty great there! Here it is again just because I like it so much, haha.
batfleckapril12.jpg

Bermejo's Noel design was...... strange looking to me. That second design or his knocks it out of the park!:hubba

I very much like Bermejo's designs with the exception of the MASSIVE bat symbol from Noel.

I very much like Bermejo's designs with the exception of the MASSIVE bat symbol from Noel.

Check out the one above, it makes the bat symbol a little more traditionally sized, and also gives us a more traditional cowl, unlike the "always in beast mode" look from Noel, which I couldn't stand (and is also one of the only cowls I've never gotten to look good with Ben Affleck's face). But the leathery build and the practical design are great - sort of like a more palatable version of the Grampa/Paul Pope designs (which are among my favorites).

Check out the one above, it makes the bat symbol a little more traditionally sized, and also gives us a more traditional cowl, unlike the "always in beast mode" look from Noel, which I couldn't stand (and is also one of the only cowls I've never gotten to look good with Ben Affleck's face). But the leathery build and the practical design are great - sort of like a more palatable version of the Grampa/Paul Pope designs (which are among my favorites).

Yeah, that one I like quite a bit.

I agree, and I'm quite used to the Bermejo look now. It really is a pretty thoughtful design, although I hated it at the time. I prefer the newest Bermejo design, which takes everything that worked off-the-bat (har har) about his design and melds it with the New 52 suit.

Secret_Fleck.jpg

It wouldn't be a stretch to add some of the Origins look to this. I'd be shocked if the overall design of anything Batman related in the movie isn't influenced by the Arkham games in some way...

Still... I'd prefer something like the pic I just posted, of course. Classic Batman, and I think he looks pretty great there! Here it is again just because I like it so much, haha.
batfleckapril12.jpg

I like both of these. Great designs. It helps that the Bermejo look is often surrounded by classic imagery.

You're entirely correct.

And here is that image, Fleck'd!

batfleck_noel_april.jpg

imho, the Noel cowl is one of the least suited to Affleck's facial structure, but it could be worse... I vastly prefer the newer Bermejo one.

Of course, it's going to be hard to top the classic, for me:

Bust_Fleck1.jpg
(fits Affleck so well imo, and is capable of more than just 'beast mode' emotion)

But I have a feeling it's inevitable we'll see something like the Noel/Origins cowl. Modern Batman is in permanent beast mode.

I hope for a very fitted cowl, like that second one there. It eliminates any bobble head look.

Secret_Fleck.jpg

batfleckapril12.jpg

Yeah, that second Bermejo design is bloody perfection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"