BvS The Batsuit Thread - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Bermejo's work as well. He seems to have a nice aesthetic, and actually thought his designs through. I am not always a fan of the midsection, or the look of the abdominal area.. But that is not-picking.

The first time I saw his work? It felt like a tribute from the neck down of the old TV serial from the 40's to me. Triangular, black and grey, and fabricated feel over an armor feel... To which I prefer as well.

Here's another one I just crapped out - just the face and (quite sloppy) logo.

batfleckapril12_2.jpg

I really love the classic looks, but side by side with the Bermejo-52 suit, I think I gotta go with the Bermejo-52. There's something about it that speaks to its being a really well thought out piece of engineering, while still hitting all the simple trademarks. It's also really human looking, which I think contrasts better with Superman's alien suit. The more traditional ones are more pleasing to my eye, but I do think that in a Superman movie, we need to focus on the built-to-work angle of Batman's suit.

Glad you like it, Chip. I couldn't get the coloring how I liked it, but I do like how it is just a part of the cloth and has the cloth's ripple effect.

In other news...

Bill Murray may not be Batman.

But Batman *IS* Jim Belushi.

batmanisjimbelushi.jpg

jimbatlushi.jpg

Here's another one I just crapped out - just the face and (quite sloppy) logo.

batfleckapril12_2.jpg

I like that a lot, especially the symbol and colors..
I think if the color of the belt was altered? We may see something very similar to this for 'Fleck. I just prefer a darker color to the belt with a black and grey motif. Kind of the same colors to the cape and cowl, but that is just my opinion.

I like that a lot, especially the symbol and colors..
I think if the color of the belt was altered? We may see something very similar to this for 'Fleck. I just prefer a darker color to the belt with a black and grey motif. Kind of the same colors to the cape and cowl, but that is just my opinion.

I think that the thing about this that needs the most updating is the gauntlets - in this day, and especially after TDK, I don't think Batman can just wear long gloves with 3 prongs on them. I actually really love the new 52 gauntlets and if the above manip had those, that'd be very close to my dream suit.

As far as the belt, I agree with you - and I think giving him a different color for the belt would be another way to change things up from what we've seen, even in the comics. I've made a few different ones. My favorite is a military olive color, but that's pretty unconventional. I also did it in black (cool, but I know a lot of people feel that it's drab) and dark tan (I guess you'd call it "camel," it's my least favorite, but still different from yellow/gold). I've done solidly brown belts in the past and like them too, but I felt like the original is kind of a brownish already.

batfleckapril12armygreen2.jpg

batfleckapril12armyblack.jpg

batfleckapril12armytan.jpg

I don't hate the not black bits here... I don't like 'em either but it's as close to a not black&gray that I don't hate.

After taking a break from looking at it, I have to agree. Also... I'm pretty f'n into that design. Obviously I had very little to do with making it besides the logo, a few tweaks, and doing the face insertion, so I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but I just think it's rad. With a few more tactical elements (which don't at all involve carving up the base suit with random lines), I think it'd be pretty close to perfect. And yeah, it's the first time I've liked the BvS logo on the suit too.

I still can't support the Bermejo design. It just looks terrible.

I agree that for Batfleck, we want something a lot smoother than Grampa, although I love his take.

Here are my newest Batflecks, I don't like them quite as much as the last ones I did (the busts), but I think these have more of the tech aspect that I like, without looking robotic or armored. I'd take the lines off the full body one, but I'm not quite good enough for that...

benaffleck_ISbatman.jpg

batfleckisbatman.jpg

These are pretty hi-res pics, so open them in a new window if you like them!

For this movie i prefer something modern with abit of tech behind it like a nano suit of some kind.

My personal favorites.

Dan Mora:

c218ca3f5fcc4523d211012729b746dd.jpg

25c7b617b6a14051d56ffa19973aece7.jpg

Daniel Araya:

Pixar-Batman.jpeg

Rafael Grampa:

batman_riocomicon_low.jpg

Sleek. Techy, but maintains just the right amount of classic design cues. They all look and feel real. Not just 2D drawings on the page.

Of all the designs I've seen, I'm hoping we get as close to these as possible.

Dan Mora's suit with a different cowl would be perfect

All I want if a cowl that attaches to the cape, The suit to be grey and black (or blue and black) and the cape to drape over his shoulders.

All I want if a cowl that attaches to the cape, The suit to be grey and black (or blue and black) and the cape to drape over his shoulders.

I'd prefer the cowl not attached to the cape if it means he can't move his head. Having it separate seems to be the best solution for mobility.

This Batman and the others I posted on the previous page can all move their heads...

...And they can move yours too ;)

Love the Araya design, just keep the neck to a single groove and it would be good for me. Jim Lee styled cowl and it would be near perfect imo.

Last edited:
This Batman and the others I posted on the previous page can all move their heads...

...And they can move yours too ;)

No offense, but how do you know they would be able to move their heads? It all depends on the construction of the suit. :confused:

My personal favorites.

Dan Mora:

c218ca3f5fcc4523d211012729b746dd.jpg

25c7b617b6a14051d56ffa19973aece7.jpg

Daniel Araya:

Pixar-Batman.jpeg

Rafael Grampa:

batman_riocomicon_low.jpg

Sleek. Techy, but maintains just the right amount of classic design cues. They all look and feel real. Not just 2D drawings on the page.

Of all the designs I've seen, I'm hoping we get as close to these as possible.

I really dig that first one. I've never seen him with the straps around his shoulders, and I really like that! I hope Batfleck has short ears like that as well. It'll make him look a little less silly next to an alien with actual powers :word:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"