BvS The Batsuit Thread - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Dan Mora design is way more suited to Batfleck than the others (although I LOVE them).

This was my take on the Araya design back when I was starting out doing Fleck pics a few months ago. If I were making this now, I'd do a lot different, but it gets the point across... the point (for me) being that Araya's design looks AMAZING on an anatomically impossible body. And looks like a stinking pile of mess on a body that resembles Ben Affleck...

arayamanipapril.jpg

I'd prefer the cowl not attached to the cape if it means he can't move his head. Having it separate seems to be the best solution for mobility.

Could it work if you had this
mzEEYBFe8DLF6zYORVYRgYA.jpg

as the under workings

But then has a layer of cloth that attaches to the cape over it? like:
AArotCOWL1_0.jpg

I think the Dan Mora design is way more suited to Batfleck than the others (although I LOVE them).

This was my take on the Araya design back when I was starting out doing Fleck pics a few months ago. If I were making this now, I'd do a lot different, but it gets the point across... the point (for me) being that Araya's design looks AMAZING on an anatomically impossible body. And looks like a stinking pile of mess on a body that resembles Ben Affleck...

arayamanipapril.jpg

I have mixed feelings about the suit design, but the glowing blue eyes are cool.

arayamanipapril.jpg

I think it doesn't look as good because it doesn't have the 3D appearance of the original Araya piece. The individual pieces of the suit could stand out a little bit more. You kind of just super imposed the lines over top of an existing drawing of a suit that is meant to be skin tight fabric.

Maybe if you approached it again, it may look somewhat better.

I think it doesn't look as good because it doesn't have the 3D appearance of the original Araya piece. The individual pieces of the suit could stand out a little bit more. You kind of just super imposed the lines over top of an existing drawing of a suit that is meant to be skin tight fabric.

Maybe if you approached it again, it may look somewhat better.

Yes, as I said above, if I were doing it from scratch today, I think it'd be different. But in general, I think that the point was made for me, I've gotten better enough to know what it'd look like "better-ized" and I think it still wouldn't look as good on Ben Affleck as other designs.

Even with the 3D panelling being done properly, I think a real life version of the Araya suit wouldn't really work - it's not just because of the feel or texture of the suit, but rather because the body type Araya uses is triangle based, just like the design of the suit. It's all sharp downward pointing lines, and just wouldn't have the same "wow" effect that it has on that body type (and believe me, I was obsessed with that image for MONTHS). I can't think of many actors who would pull that look off and make it look natural - certainly not Affleck.

I think Mora's design has some of that as well, but is based on a more human body, and actually one that I think resembles Ben Affleck's quite a bit. And I'm all about the purple gloves. There were some great manips that Alex Spider did of that suit that bring it even further into being appropriate for Affleck - and someone stuck Affleck's face in some of them - I can't remember if it was me or not, but it's amazing how short the collective memory of this forum is... Anyway, I think Mora has it nailed for what Affleck's first costume could have been like.

Grampa's design is my favorite, as I love his down-and-dirty approach. I like thinking of Batman as sort of a plumber of crime, and the approach to the utility belt is so boss - it's a real workman's tool kit. It has a lived in, no bulls--t feel to it that is AMAZING. And his other design, the more 40s version, is also fantastic. For a different actor (say Patrick Wilson, who would make a great Batman even though he played the parody of Batman in Nightowl), Grampa's look would be priceless. For Affleck's Batman, I really feel the Bermejo2 suit gets the workman vibe across without being quite as messy.

But I think he's best in something sleeker, but not as sleek as Araya's. It just so happens that Batman's classic comic look, even only slightly updated, fits Affleck to a tee. :)

Although I'll reiterate that you just posted my 3 absolutely favorite Batsuits in the universe, so I tip my hat to your impeccable taste ;)

Thank you!

I agree with all of your points. You're right, I didn't notice Araya was working with a more slim and slender body type. Mora's version is definitely more 'Fleck.

Could it work if you had this
mzEEYBFe8DLF6zYORVYRgYA.jpg

as the under workings

But then has a layer of cloth that attaches to the cape over it? like:
AArotCOWL1_0.jpg

Long as the cloth was thin enough not to make the neck look swollen, I actually think that could work. That might even achieve the "panther" neck that so many people liked from Begins and achieve the added mobility.

I still think that a degree of mocap/cgi could find a place in a live-action Batman application (namely the mask/cowl) pretty soon.

Could definitely use that for a scene or two with the lenses. We need some CG Batman in general though, I want some moves that no actual suit will probably ever allow.

Last edited:
I'd prefer the cowl not attached to the cape if it means he can't move his head. Having it separate seems to be the best solution for mobility.

I do not mind a seam line where the cowl ends, and the cape begins.. I just want the cowl to be one piece.
There are examples of such a thing working (Nightowl), so I would like to see it on Batman.

I think to have the cape and cowl ALL in one piece is nearly impossible unless CGI was used to erase the line where they join around the shoulders. Just a case of different materials. To fit a one piece cowl over the head and for it to stretch around the noggin' justifies the material needed for the cowl.
Where the cape is fabricated from different materials. Thinking about weight rather than an amount of flexibility.

I just DO NOT want to see a cowl where the head and neck are separated. Not for me.. I want a slim one piece pull over, and a cowl that allows the head to turn. It has to be possible, no?
It is time..

arayamanipapril.jpg

I actually like this,

use a different bat symbol and I'll be more than satisfied if that is similar to the finished product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"