BvS The Batsuit Thread - - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer Batman to look decently armoured because he's a human character, always have always will. Unlike most of you I couldn't give a **** about it looking like it's ripped from the comics because more often than not comic costume looks stupid. Don't get me wrong, the suit is well made, but it still looks like a well made cosplay in my eyes. Feel free to disagree.
Ya, I mean obviously you're totally entitled to your opinion. Personally I find it looks like the perfect mix of armor over a more 'creature-like' texturing. What about it looks cosplay to you? To me I see pretty much no elements of cosplay, it just looks like Batman.

they remind me of Jim Lee's bat ears

144-batman-jim-lee2.jpg

OOooooh! That is nice. Maybe different angles will look better. Still short but these seem less round.

I think the black belt is one of my favorite things about the suit, but there's just so much about it I like. The cowl, cape attachment, gauntlets, gloves, build, and texture are all completely ideal for me at this point.

Mannnn i love this suit. Im so excited for the visuals of this movie. And no, im not a hypocrite because im still worried about the actual story and acting.

I disagree with JMC with his opinion about not liking it, but i do have to agree with "i dont understand why the Batman would wear grey if he's trying to lurk in the shadows". I totally agree with that. It doesn't make sense to me either. But within THIS universe, i truly don't care. Because im treating the Snyderverse as i would treat Marvel's Avengers. More specifically when im watching Captain America. Some things are grounded, some things are incredibly far-fetched like it exists in a comic book sci-fi world. And so the suit just has to look cool to me. And at least be functional for Batman when he's kicking ass.

I have that exact image in my phone as my background. It's glorious.

Speaking of backgrounds, has a hi-res version of the full image been released yet, IE laptop wallpaper size?

Not sure if someone pointed this out yet, but what I really like is how the stitches in the fabric make it appear as though the suit has been ripped in battle many times in the past and has been sown back together. Or at least that's what all of those dark lines on the arms and legs appear to be to me.

Not sure if that's the case- but I do like some of the wear and tear on the emblem. Your costume is bound to get scratched up a bit when you spend your time scrambling over rooftops.

It's also weird how so many assume it will be black and grey when this is one of the first suit photos we got for BB. Taht suit looked pretty damn black and grey, but it looked very black in the actual film (which, for the record, I'm absolutely fine with). Based on this one photo of Affleck, it's impossible to say where they're going color-wise.
Batman_Begins_48760_Medium.jpg

And for comparison's sake:
Photo+13.jpg

I guess if I had one "complaint" about the suit, it would be the black belt, but I'm totally fine with it. I think it looks great with the suit.

I love DC. I swear to God I do. I love MOS. Hell I love Superman Returns. So I hope I don't get laughed out the thread. But do the ears look a little mouse-ish or maybe cat-ish to anyone else. I love the suit. I think Ben and his large frame will definitely intimidate but those ears (are they ears?what do we call those things officially?)
It's not longer ears have ever looked particularly bat like.

Not sure if someone pointed this out yet, but what I really like is how the stitches in the fabric make it appear as though the suit has been ripped in battle many times in the past and has been sown back together. Or at least that's what all of those dark lines on the arms and legs appear to be to me.
The seam on his right arm is open where the gauntlet/glove ends.

Last edited:
How am I just now noticing that the cape and cowl appear to be attached?

My BODY.

i do have to agree with "i dont understand why the Batman would wear grey if he's trying to lurk in the shadows". I totally agree with that. It doesn't make sense to me either.
Because grey is proven to be better camo for urban/night warfare?

It's also weird how so many assume it will be black and grey when this is one of the first suit photos we got for BB. Taht suit looked pretty damn black and grey, but it looked very black in the actual film (which, for the record, I'm absolutely fine with). Based on this one photo of Affleck, it's impossible to say where they're going color-wise.
Batman_Begins_48760_Medium.jpg

And for comparison's sake:
Photo+13.jpg
It's not just the picture.
It also has to do with what Kevin Smith(The real one...not the forum member.:funny:) said after he saw the suit.

I was honestly wishing for a return of the oval, but with so many pluses I'm not even close to being disappointed.

I guess if I had one "complaint" about the suit, it would be the black belt, but I'm totally fine with it. I think it looks great with the suit.

I wonder if Batman: Earth One had any influence on that.

2149721-batman_11.jpg

I think the black belt is one of my favorite things about the suit, but there's just so much about it I like. The cowl, cape attachment, gauntlets, gloves, build, and texture are all completely ideal for me at this point.

Me too. The more I look at it, the more I think "Holy crap, it's the best batsuit ever!":batman:

Because grey is proven to be better camo for urban/night warfare?

Welcome to all the new people in this thread...back when there was nothing to talk about there was scientific proof posted that grey works better than black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"