BvS The Batsuit Thread - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks like a mixture of a robot football player with a tin can wrapped around him, the neck on the cowl is so hideous I can't even look at it.

Well... at least the belt and pants on the new suit look cool right?

Realistically there are fiber military armors that look like cloth and allow for greater mobility. Batman should use that, not puzzle pieces of plastic and metal stacked over each other in a way that evokes Iron Man or Master Chief.

Its ridiculous that in this game trailer Batman moves so fast when he is so weighed down by unnecessary clutter.
Maybe it's very lightweight that provides an advantage that the cloth you described that he's likely wearing underneath doesn't provide? Such as being more effective at allowing bullets to ricochet away rather than bruise him. Or maybe he finds it more effective at scaring criminals than the simple cloth look?

Etc. there are tons of good reasons both practically and as a straight aesthetic design choice to use armor. Likewise there are good arguments for not using armor.

The city is now a warzone. It looks like he's in his version of riot armor. Thematically it makes sense. Some people seem to be under the impression adherence to their favorite source material is the highest priority.

I couldn't give a toss whether the game is catered to my "favorite source material", as I won't ever play it. I am simply reflecting on what a rancid concept that thing has from every standpoint, whether you are a comicbook purist, an adherent or pseudo-realism, or simply an admirer of good graphic design.

Batman is a billionaire. He can afford better than riot armor.

Batman is a billionaire. He can afford better than riot armor.

Yeah it looks like he crossed over to Marvel land and paid Tony Stark to make him a suit, looks like they're catering to the Marvel masses a little too much here.

I couldn't give a toss whether the game is catered to my "favorite source material", as I won't ever play it. I am simply reflecting on what a rancid concept that thing has from every standpoint, whether you are a comicbook purist, an adherent or pseudo-realism, or simply an admirer of good graphic design.

Ya, because we all know your taste is better than the many professionals in that field who had a hand in designing it, as well as the many gifted people being paid to represent batman in its best and most badass light who okayed it!

Ah yes, the hilarity of the 'objectivity' of fanboy observations. :funny:

You don't like it, we get it, but your ridiculous implication that those who do like it have objectively flawed taste in design is quite frankly... Expected of you by this point, lol. And hilariously, and continuously unsubstantiated.

But I digress. You should give the games a shot, as you'll never have a better opportunity to feel like batman.

You don't like it, we get it, but your ridiculous implication that those who do like it have objectively flawed taste in design is quite frankly... Expected of you by this point, lol. And hilariously, continuously unsubstantiated.

You´re wasting your time.

Ya, because we all know your taste is better than the many professionals in that field who had a hand in designing it, as well as the many gifted people being paid to represent batman in its best and most badass light who okayed it!

You don't like it, we get it, but your ridiculous implication that those who do like it have objectively flawed taste in design is quite frankly... Expected of you by this point, lol. And hilariously, and continuously unsubstantiated.

But I digress. You should give the games a shot, as you'll never have a better opportunity to feel like batman.

You're just blindly defending a rancid concept from every standpoint .

/sarcasm

Can't wait to watch your minds explode when Snyder does something very very different from this suit.

Yeah sorry, the other Arkham suits have been amazing, this one is clearly the worst. We're not *****es. Nobody *****ed on this level when the Arkham City/Asylum/Origins suits were revealed. It's just a bad suit, and most fans seem to be united on this.

Yeah sorry, the other Arkham suits have been amazing, this one is clearly the worst. We're not *****es. Nobody *****ed on this level when the Arkham City/Asylum/Origins suits were revealed. It's just a bad suit, and most fans seem to be united on this.

Cute change, 10/10.

Phantasm - Lol why would our minds explode? We're pretty open to different interpretations, and looking forward to him doing something that is both traditional and refreshing. Much like with mos I have a feeling snyders batsuit will be my favorite incarnation yet. I have a feeling it'll be my pants exploding, not my mind...

Last edited:
Can't wait to watch your minds explode when Snyder does something very very different from this suit.

Yours might explode if you don´t get exactly what you want. To me it doesn´t make that much of a difference.

it's still better than the TDK suit, but TDK suit had a better cowl

For me the issue with the AK suit is the shoulders, neck, chest and abs. The arms look decent, albeit different. Same goes for the legs. I actually like the belt. The cowl I'm not big on, but I don't hate it.

The weird thing that stands out to me is that it looks less advanced than the AA or AC suits. It seems like something he made after AO, but before he settled on a fabric based outfit like in the early games.

Stylistically, it seems like a step backwards is all I'm saying. Regardless of one's personal taste, it just looks like an old suit compared to the AC one. Which is odd.

But, YAY BATMOBILE!

Do I really need to state "IMO" for you? Are you six?

Neither of us is being objective. We have opinions about something, which we are discussing. A discussion board would be rather stale if it was suffused with objectivity.

That is your inference, not my implication, because- guess what- I am merely stating my opinion!

But I digress.

No you don't.

You should give the games a shot, as you'll never have a better opportunity to feel like batman.

I don't play videogames, and I have no need or desire to feel like Batman.

less advanced than the AA

How? The AA suit looks like something straight lifted from a Burton movie. This looks way more advanced and techy.

Screenshot from the new Arkham Knight game: Could this be the inspiration for the new Batfleck suit in Man of Steel 2?

1901118_419138004899456_706251307_n.jpg

Also, don't you think it's time for Supes to get the same video game treatment? JEEZ!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"