The Avengers The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

The Avengers Japanese Captain America character poster. :cap:
29qh25e.jpg

LoL they have to wait until August for the Avengers? lol sucks to be them!

does anyone know if there is a captain america costume thread? cause thats what i want to get on lol

SFX listed Captain America: The First Avenger in 19th place in their Top 50 Superhero Movies Of All Time: 2012 Edition while The Avengers took first place in the list.

2cde6w8.jpg

Directed by: Joe Johnston
Cast: Chris Evans (Steve Rogers/Captain America), Hayley Atwell (Peggy Carter), Hugo Weaving (Red Skull)

As true-blue as its pure-hearted hero, Captain America is a film out of time – a modern Marvel blockbuster with an authentic Saturday matinee soul. Maybe it’s the fact that director Joe Johnston served an apprenticeship in the house of Lucas and Spielberg (he storyboarded the matchless truck chase in Raiders Of The Lost Ark, and there’s a drop of that film’s bloodline in Cap’s occult-plundering Nazis and tangible, two-fisted action sequences). Or perhaps it’s the period setting – as invigorating a twist for the Marvel canon as Thor’s other-dimensional realms – that allows Johnston to expel the moral ambiguities and tainted patriotism of the 21st Century and revel in a clear-eyed, sepia-tinted idealism that’s as far from the smart-ass zing of Iron Man as it’s possible to imagine.

Johnston clearly relishes his Roosevelt era playground. One of the film’s more soaringly larkish moments finds Captain America employed as shameless propaganda tool – “The star-spangled man with the plan” – awkwardly fronting an all-singin’, all-dancin’ musical revue number. It’s a bravura sequence that also homages the character’s birth in Timely Comics and cliffhanger serials. Elsewhere Johnston captures the spirit of the classic war movie, echoing The Dirty Dozen and Where Eagles Dare as Cap and the commandos face down the gimp-goons of HYDRA, Hitler’s tech-fetishising “deep science division”.

Hurling us from Blitz-ruined London to the alpine fortress of the Red Skull (a teutonically sinister turn by Hugo Weaving, in pursuit of a cosmic MacGuffin first glimpsed in Thor), filled with moments as tiny as the face of the girl you love in a locket and as huge as a monstrously-winged orbital bomber on course to devastate Manhattan, Captain America is a medal-worthy joy.

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2012/08/16/top-50-superhero-movies-of-all-time-2012-edition/7/

"Steve Rogers : A Man Out of Time" deleted scene description
Originally Posted by Silvermoon
It starts with some WWII newsreel footage of Cap which we find out Cap is watching (on a laptop/tablet?), his face is forlorn. He then starts sifting through some paper files of his former comrades, a lot of them with "DECEASED" stamped across the file. He gets to Peggy's file, looks at it and notices that she's listed as "RETIRED" with a current address (in Winchester) and phone number, he looks across the room to the phone on the table, obviously contemplating calling her. He sets her file aside to reveal Howard Stark's (with "DECEASED" across it) and below that one is a more recent SHIELD file for Tony Stark. The scene then cuts to outside as Cap walks down the street with street pedlers pushing disposable/prepaid cell phones, a store showcasing the latest model of car. He ends up at the outdoor cafe below Stark Tower. He's sketching the tower when the waitress (whom he saves later) comes up to him asking if he's there hoping to catch a glimpse of Iron Man, since that's why a lot of people come to the cafe. He says maybe some other time and she tells him he's free to sit at the table as long as he'd like. She walks away and Stan Lee, sitting at a table behind Cap, tells him he should get her number. It goes to him on a train, sitting by himself. Then it then cuts to Cap at the giving the owner (?) some money and receiving a key and then we find ourselves at the introduction of him that we see in the film proper (him punching away at a punching bag)

A brief Behind the scene segment look featuring Captain America (Chris Evans) & Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) from The Avengers Blu-Ray Featurette "Assembling the Ultimate Team"

Avengers Blu-ray menu - Captain America/Steve Rogers
tumblr_m9a7g5Hqst1rd9v8io1_500.gif

Last edited:
The Avengers Steve Rogers: Man Out of Time Deleted Scene it such an emotional piece that should've been left in the film..

:csad:

TFA suit was much better than that funny thing in Avengers. I hope he has new suit in second movie.

Last edited:
TFA suit was much better than that funny thing in Avengers. I hope he has new suit in second movie.

I disagree The Avengers suit looked more form-fitting and more in line with a super-heroic looks.

110aa1e.jpg

242wokl.jpg

jaf3ok.jpg

11kvwwx.jpg

qrce49.jpg

Last edited:
I disagree The Avengers suit looked more form-fitting and more in line with a super-heroic looks.

110aa1e.jpg

242wokl.jpg

jaf3ok.jpg

11kvwwx.jpg

qrce49.jpg

It only looked decent when in motion. I still want the suit redesigned. I don't want it to look like the TFA one though.

The deleted scene sounds cool but lucky only would of really just made that connection between the waitress lady..

Well now it's officially streamable online now at least.

I love this scene!! It's quite heartbreaking in a way.

But given the tone they went with for The Avengers, I understand why it was cut.

Haha, I only just now noticed that Joss is the voiceover guy on the newsreel footage. He was probably just doing a temp voice that never got replaced since the scene was cut.

Since when does Cap draw? I like it. :)

He drew himself as a dancing monkey in "The first Avenger" also Rogers is known in the comics for being an artists.

zsonsz.jpg

Alternate opening
2urux3c.jpg

Last edited:
Since when does Cap draw? I like it. :)

He drew himself as a dancing monkey in "The first Avenger" also Rogers is known in the comics for being an artists.

zsonsz.jpg

Alternate opening
2urux3c.jpg

Steve Rogers has always been an artist in the comics. He supported himself as a commercial artist during the 70s run of his book, at least. His chosen profession mirrored his creators, Jack Kirby and Joe Simon, two New York based artists who served in the Army during World War II. Cap was their superhero avatar, in a sense.

Steve Rogers has always been an artist in the comics. He supported himself as a commercial artist during the 70s run of his book, at least. His chosen profession mirrored his creators, Jack Kirby and Joe Simon, two New York based artists who served in the Army during World War II. Cap was their superhero avatar, in a sense.

forgot about the monkey. cool beans.

I think there was a recent issue of the Spider-Man Avengers team-up comic where Spider-Man finds some old comics Cap did I think before he became Captain America. And then I think at the end Spider-Man convinced Cap to work on some new comics with him. So Cap/Steve having a history of doing art/drawing does have some precedence in the comics. I think it's basically an homage to his creators.

I think the suit would have looked better if they have given him more normal looking "combat pants".

I love the deleted scene. Might be my favorite scene and it isn't in the film.

I definitely prefer the Banner deleted scene, but I think both definitely deserved to be in the film.

Loved TFA Cap suit design in the context/backdrop of the movie just as I love The Avengers Cap suit in the context/backdrop of that movie. One is made from old-school material and has military cues while the others made from a modern material, formfitting style akin to the Shield jumpsuits which just happens to give it a bit more of 'superhero' look. Of course there were minutae which I would have changed but overall I can see what they were going for and I dont have a problem with the end result.

I love this scene!! It's quite heartbreaking in a way.

But given the tone they went with for The Avengers, I understand why it was cut.

Echo this post - it's a real, real shame that scene didnt make it in, but you can understand why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"