The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Rises - Reviews and Reactions (Critics + Fans) Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joker.gif

The first critic screenings start tomorrow, our own theShape will be seeing the film. Catch any reactions and reviews for the film, post them here. Keep the discussion civil (no fighting or anything like that) and USE SPOILER TAGS!!!

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=386851

- TheIrishAvenger

tumblr_m5tzfmAQK41rogb13o1_250.gif
tumblr_m5tzfmAQK41rogb13o2_250.gif

tumblr_m5tzfmAQK41rogb13o3_250.gif
tumblr_m5tzfmAQK41rogb13o4_250.gif

I think Bale will give his best performance but I also think the reviews will focus more on Anne and Tom just because they're the new additions to the cast.

Catwoman always attracts attention... it's integral to the character.

But when all is said and done, I think Bale's performance will have more resonance in general.

Don’t know if I should take my girlfriend to this one, I mean what do I say when I start crying and sniffling?

I'm just extremely excited at the prospect of a bruce centric film (a la BB) with the scale and ambition of TDK.

Don’t know if I should take my girlfriend to this one, I mean what do I say when I start crying and sniffling?

There's nothing wrong with that. Crying is good to get rid of all the salt in the eyes.

There's less "fake Bruce" and more "real Bruce" in this one compared to TDK, if people get what I'm saying. Bale gets to show his chops more.

Oh, right, so there's less playboy Bruce. Cool.

Bale needs his due. I've loved him in the last two Bat-films, but I want the focus brought to his outward journey in TDKR, as apposed to his inward in TDK; which I really find outstanding for the record.

As long as the bat-voice stays in tact, and the focus is brought back to Bruce having an outward struggle, I think Bale should get his props.

We get Howard Brughes instead! :awesome:

Definitely, I've always considered Bale the best Bruce/Batman, but in recent years there has been some strong opposition to that, i just want the naysayers to have something to shut them up to prove that Christian is worthy of "oscar winner who plays batman" bring back that acting magic he had from BB.

Definitely, I've always considered Bale the best Bruce/Batman, but in recent years there has been some strong opposition to that, i just want the naysayers to have something to shut them up to prove that Christian is worthy of "oscar winner who plays batman" bring back that acting magic he had from BB.

As I've said earlier, I think Bale gives his best performance as Batman and as Bruce Wayne in this one. He was terrific. And I especially loved his bat voice this time around.

As I've said earlier, I think Bale gives his best performance as Batman and as Bruce Wayne in this one. He was terrific. And I especially loved his bat voice this time around.

Very nice to hear! :up:

Better not. : ) So then you can cry and sniff all the way you wont/need to, no distractions from 'what girlfriend says', and only then you can fully receive the movie. ;)

I never watch 'cry movies' for first time with anybody. First time is always only mine. ;)

Thanks for this, scoop.

can you answer if the court house scene is towards the end of the movie or in the middle of the movie?

Someone posted these reactions on another forum -

Friend after watching TDKR: “I never thought I’d get to say in my lifetime that TWO Batman movies deserve Best Picture Oscars.”

Another friend: “Now I understand why Nolan is walking away. With a two punch combo like TDK/TDKR, the fight’s over. Knockout.”

The Dark Knight Rises is not only easily the best Batman movie yet, but now one of my favorite movies I've ever seen. It was unbelievable!

TheDarkKnightRises‬ left me speechless and was everything I wanted it to be.

i saw the new dark knight movie, it was ****ing awesome

Nolan has completely nailed a PERFECT end to this series. Everything is EPIC - the score, the action, the emotional triggers - all epic.

THEDARKKNIGHTRISES WAS AMAZING

Well there are some there that I haven't seen. Anyone know where they are from?

How's Hardy, scoop?

He us a bad bad man. You wouldn't mess with this dude. He displays so much with just his eyes. It's impressive. The voice is great, but they had to beef it up to make it more audible and it sometimes sounds a little too loud.

I thought every single line from the prologue was different. It definitely was much more audible than when it was first released. I think that threw me for a loop the first time I heard it, but he kills the voice. Very menacing.

Alright I'm back, 2 questions have been on my mind, not sure if you've answered these already theShape/scoop.

1) How was the music? Was it more powerful than the BB & TDK scores?

and 2) You mentioned there is "less Batman" than in BB & TDK. The Batman scenes that are in it, are they on a different "level" than they were in BB or TDK? Does he have a triumphant return or is it all generally on the same level as TDK?

Some nice reactions right there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"