The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Rises Trailer Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, it upsets me that the Mayor is planning to apparently "dump" Gordon. I thought Guyliner was one of the good guys back in TDK :csad:

The whole scenario there reminds me of Winston Churchill in a way. When they needed a tough leader in place to lead them through the bad times he was there man. As soon as the war was over and peace was reached, they threw him to the wall.

It's basically a case of new ways forward with new ideas, regardless of how good/sucessful they may actually be.

I've come across a buttload of people online who say they're in the background in the trailer. Heinz Field is the new Woodstock.

It's funny because at Woodstock there also was a scary man with a funny mask saying "this is the instrument of your liberation."

Oops sorry edit

Last edited:
The whole scenario there reminds me of Winston Churchill in a way. When they needed a tough leader in place to lead them through the bad times he was there man. As soon as the war was over and peace was reached, they threw him to the wall.

It's basically a case of new ways forward with new ideas, regardless of how good/sucessful they may actually be.

Exactly what I thought of.

In this case I think we're going to see everybody in their full fledge Gotham protector roles.

We're going to see Batman is not the only watchful protector. Gordon...who has no real position in Gotham anymore is going to be hanging off of trucks with Bombs on them in an attempt to save Gotham.

We're going to see who our heroes really are and how far some will go for Gotham and others will go for themselves.

I really think Gordon is going to be an inspiration to Batman this time, he's going to be doing what Batman should be doing when Bruce is confused as to what he needs to do with his life and I think that'll inspire Bruce to come back as Batman, while Selina's words and the thoughts of Gotham will inspire Bruce Wayne to become more like his father.

Thusly becoming the ultimate hero. The Legend. The Dark Knight AND The White Knight

Could someone explain the shot immediately before the Batchopper? Looks like a lot of people in brightly lit robes coming down on ropes into the step well with everyone trying to run up the steps in the background?

I think someone might have described this earlier but I assumed they meant the shot looking upwards.

In this case I think we're going to see everybody in their full fledge Gotham protector roles.

We're going to see Batman is not the only watchful protector. Gordon...who has no real position in Gotham anymore is going to be hanging off of trucks with Bombs on them in an attempt to save Gotham.

We're going to see who our heroes really are and how far some will go for Gotham and others will go for themselves.

I really think Gordon is going to be an inspiration to Batman this time, he's going to be doing what Batman should be doing when Bruce is confused as to what he needs to do with his life and I think that'll inspire Bruce to come back as Batman, while Selina's words and the thoughts of Gotham will inspire Bruce Wayne to become more like his father.

Thusly becoming the ultimate hero. The Legend. The Dark Knight AND The White Knight

I agree. Though I do wonder how Miranda Tate is going to play into this whole motion in the beginning, considering who she is supposed to be and what she is supposed to be doing to seemingly help Bruce. And whether it will be good or bad.

Always love hearing the reaction towards good trailers. "Holy fuuuu" "Woooyea!"

:funny:

Could someone explain the shot immediately before the Batchopper? Looks like a lot of people in brightly lit robes coming down on ropes into the step well with everyone trying to run up the steps in the background?

I think someone might have described this earlier but I assumed they meant the shot looking upwards.

To me it looks like it may be the [blackout]League of Shadows[/blackout], and/or possibly a [blackout]flashback regarding Ra's and the LoS[/blackout].

To me it looks like it may be the [blackout]League of Shadows[/blackout], and/or possibly a [blackout]flashback regarding Ra's and the LoS[/blackout].

Yeah we could be seeing the same place at two different stages in time, which would fit with Bale and the Young Al Ghuls both filming there.

My thoughts exactly.

Yeah we could be seeing the same place at two different stages in time, which would fit with Bale and the Young Al Ghuls both filming there.

:funny:

Sounds like a band name!

The more I listen to the chant the more I hear "This is awesome, awesome. This is awesome, awesome". I'd have to agree.

The person climbing up the well in the teaser was bald.

This might sounds silly but I don't think it head was shiny enough to be a bald head. Might be a hood. Seem to be a few ropes left over from the abseilers in the teaser too.

The more I listen to the chant the more I hear "This is awesome, awesome. This is awesome, awesome". I'd have to agree.
:woot: I'm gonna try and force my brain to hear that from now on.

I'm not convinced that prison is where Bane is keeping all the wealthy Gothamites, Bruce included. For some reason I think it's somewhere Bane was held as a test from the LOS or some such and Bruce has gone there, infiltrated, to find out more about this man and what he's up to and recuperating while he's at it.

Yeah...absolutely. I didn't know this was something not thought for common knowledge.

I think we're going to see parallels in Ra's life to Bruce, so much so that they end up being in the same place at times.

Even look at Bale in that scene where he ask what the chant is. He looks like Pence or a Young ra's.

I think ultimately what convinces him to go back, to be that thing no one else can be, is that he starts to see Ra's al Ghul in himself. bitter, selfish, tired, lonely.

Take what TDK was and apply it to Ra's speech when Bruce was recovering from his dip in the frozen ocean.

"I had a wife once"

I can easily imagine Bruce coming to that state in his life and when he sees that (as well as the physical similarities to Ra's) he realizes he can't dictate to Gotham how it has to be, he's got to have Gotham WANT to be the good he imagines and he's only a protector of that collective ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"