Apocalypse THE EVAN PETERS / QUICKSILVER LOUNGE - "Take it slow, Peter"

I think she should be. I don't think we've ever seen a good girl fight in the X-Men.
You could have the Scarlet Witch vs. the Weather Witch or even Jean Grey vs. Scarlet Witch (with a heavy use of red as a symbol?)

I think they should definitely try to get Scarlet Witch in there. Not only because she is an interesting character, but that they can explore the relationships between her and Quicksilver, and Magneto as their father. It adds an extra layer to all of the characters.

As far as Quicksilver goes, I think having Scarlet Witch there definitely helps add more dimensions to his character beyond what we saw in DOFP. They can play off of each other and both feel protective toward the other.

Kinberg made a comment about Magneto's lineage so we could very well see the Scarlet Witch.

Definitely SW over Polaris, I want to see different powers to that of Magneto and SW is far more well known now and important to the X-Men franchise than Polaris realistically speaking.

Hmmm I don't know about Scarlet Witch being more important than Polaris to the X-Men franchise. She's definitely more well-known because of the cartoons and a couple of video game appearances and soon her appearance in Age of Ultron. But in the comics, other than House of M and being Magneto's daughter, I don't think she's more important to the X-Men universe most especially to the X-Men team.

In modern comics, there really isn't anyone that has had an impact as much as her on the x-men as a whole though. House of M all the way through AVX to Uncanny Avengers has all been based around SW. Polaris has pretty much been a "just in the background" character for quite a while. Plus her relationship with Magneto is something lots would like to see.

I wouldnt put her on the x-men team but would prefer her in a film over polaris.

I don't think FOX can use the Scarlett Witch just yet. I saw something where they are working some issues out her and while both studios own the rite to use her in their films their is some hold up with SW at FOX. It probably explains why we didn't see her in DOFP but QS showed up no problem. She's always been the most popular of the two and it's known that FOX threw in QS at the last minute over Juggernaught when it was announced that SW and QS would be in the next Avengers film. i don't see FOX out of spite not squeezing her in as well or at least mentioning her.

Singer was going to show Scarlet Witch in DOFP but pulled the scene. FOX can use SW though.

I don't think FOX can use the Scarlett Witch just yet. I saw something where they are working some issues out her and while both studios own the rite to use her in their films their is some hold up with SW at FOX. It probably explains why we didn't see her in DOFP but QS showed up no problem. She's always been the most popular of the two and it's known that FOX threw in QS at the last minute over Juggernaught when it was announced that SW and QS would be in the next Avengers film. i don't see FOX out of spite not squeezing her in as well or at least mentioning her.

They didn't switch and put Quicksilver in the movie just because the Avengers were introducing who knows which came first but I certainly don't think it was out of spite.

with the new trailer for AOU I gotta say I'm a fan of the two different quicksilvers. I've always been more a fan of Pietro then Wanda anyways. I think writers have ruined SW and magic in marvel in general by turning humans/mutant magic wielders way to strong.

Singer was going to show Scarlet Witch in DOFP but pulled the scene. FOX can use SW though.

Mention her, not show her. The scene was the mom was going to tell the little girl to "go bug your sister." They didn't have anyone to play her.

In modern comics, there really isn't anyone that has had an impact as much as her on the x-men as a whole though. House of M all the way through AVX to Uncanny Avengers has all been based around SW. Polaris has pretty much been a "just in the background" character for quite a while. Plus her relationship with Magneto is something lots would like to see.

I wouldnt put her on the x-men team but would prefer her in a film over polaris.

I'll agree with xrs13, Wanda, to me at least is the more important character at the moment to the X-Men and personally I'd like to see Fox/Singer's take on the character. I'd also think she's the more familiar, whether you associate her with the world of X-Men or Avengers...(no Marvel vs Fox please...I'm not trying to start something...I'm a fan of both...)

Maybe in a film or series without Magneto I'd like to see Lorna, but for now, she can be on the back burner...

ETA:
Happy with some of the Quicksilver/Evan Peters news I've been hearing... :)

Last edited:
The thing with Wanda is, she is polarizing as a character, yeah quicksilver is one where people like him or not, SW is one where people love her or Hate her. She is the Phoenix of the brotherhood/avengers.

House of M is something I could definitely see in the X-men film universe. Especially if she is introduced in Apocalypse.

The thing with Wanda is, she is polarizing as a character, yeah quicksilver is one where people like him or not, SW is one where people love her or Hate her. She is the Phoenix of the brotherhood/avengers.

House of M is something I could definitely see in the X-men film universe. Especially if she is introduced in Apocalypse.
I wouldn't watch that garbage.

:whatever: They can definitely use Scarlet Witch. Don't know what you've been reading, but its wrong. And its NOT "known" that Fox put QS in to counter Marvel. That's just what some like to think.

I'm sure Fox can use Scarlet Witch in film. Bryan Singer and company just didn't choose to use her yet.

I definitely hope they introduce her. I loved House of M and wouldn't mind a film focused on Magneto's family.

QS was great in DOFP and I can't wait to see him in costume with shorter hair next time around. But obviously, it wouldn't make sense to not have Wanda in, too

I wanna see how Quicksilver works with Wanda in tandem. I mean they can make another cool scene using them.

^ yeah, the Fox team is currently great at crafting great power displays, but I think that, more than digging into Pietro's powers, they need to explore his character a little more. The audience loved the guy already, so I would think that the next step would be to introduce a little more depth to him, to let the audience meet Pietro a bit more.

so what happens when you combine teleportation and superspeed ? ? ?

Evan Peters Talks Quicksilver Role And 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron'
Here’s what he had to say about being Quicksilver:

I always wanted to play someone with a superpower, specifically an X-Man because I loved the movies so much as a kid. And I think it's really cool to play one of the fastest people in the world. It's a really cool superpower to have. So I'm pretty happy to have it.

Peters went on to talk about that famous slo-mo scene from the movie too:

It was awesome. It was a lot of technical work. But it was really fun to do and in the end I was really blown away by the end result. It was like, "Is that me?" It was so weird and very, very cool. I think the directing and the editing and the special effects guys are just mind-blowing in that movie, and I owe a lot of it to them. I did very little. They were the real orchestrators and I thought it was very cool. And I hope in the next one I get to do some cool stuff as well.

And what does Peters think about Aaron Taylor-Johnson playing Quicksilver later this year in Avengers: Age of Ultron.

I can't wait to see that movie! I'm a big fan of those movies and a big fan of Aaron's so I'm excited to see it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"