Apocalypse THE EVAN PETERS / QUICKSILVER LOUNGE - "Take it slow, Peter"

I would kind of like to see him with Xavier at the start of the movie. With his personality I could see him being a difficult person to lead, which would help with the Cyclops development.

About the mid point or so through the movie I could see Magneto, who has come to the conclusion (just like in the comics) that the best course of action is to isolate from the homosapiens. He is going to, and ends up creating Asteroid M/Avalon, a safe have for mutants (what an amazing scene that could be). He offers to take any mutants who wish to go, and he visits the X-Men with this offer. He also drops how he is Quicksilver's dad. This prompts Quicksilver to leave the X-Men ad join up with Magneto.

This does multiple things...

1. It would give us a cool Danger Room scene with Quicksilver where they can slow down time and what have you.

2. It allows leadership development for Cyclops, having to deal with the difficult, if not bored, Quicksilver.

3. It allows a reason for Magneto to visit and resolve certain things with Charles. It could even get to the point of "Charles, you were right. Violence was not the right way, but you were wrong, these humans will never allow us to live in peace as long as we remain under their domain."

4. It gives a reason for Erik to tell Quicksilver about him being his father.

5. It takes an overly powerful mutant out of the picture for the time being, allowing the focus to be on the X-kiddos.

Does the physics of running fast require them though? he is faster then a speeding bullet after all ;p

Last edited:
This a universe where people can control the weather based on genetic material. We don't need the goggles for us to be sold on superhuman speed. :)

Hey they really put alot of effort into the physics of the quicksilver sequence

Hey they really put alot of effort into the physics of the quicksilver sequence

They did. I appreciate them for putting enough effort for us to buy into things that are implausible/impossible. Unlike this crap:

xmen_island_thumb3.jpg

But this is still a fantasy film. They don't need to go overboard with the realism.

what if a mosquito splats in his eye

There's a Visine for that.

Then what about the sequel?

Well can't Quicksilver just go around the fly? Considering the relativistic speed of the fly and QS's reflexes he should be able to dodge flies. If he can't dodge a fly while traveling at those speeds then he has bigger problems than flies. Ever seen what happens when something traveling at those speeds collides with something else? He would create a nuclear explosion essentially. He'd convert whatever he collided with into energy. He'd split atoms of whatever he hit as well as his own atoms. He'd also superheat the air around him. QS is essentially an atomic collider on legs. So unless his goggles are magical they aren't going to do much.

Will Quicksilver be a part of the X-Men when this movie opens up, or will he be with Magneto? What's everyone's take? I'd like to think he'd be with Magneto.

He should be with Magneto or on his own, not with the X-Men.

Agreed. Kinda bummed there's been no news on a Scarlet Witch casting. This is probably the best chance to get that family together. I'd rather not see it be squandered.

but we've only seen half the cast !! :awesome:

nothin' serious but, with x-men, you never know when the casting announcements are done :funny:

I'm really excited to see more quicksilver. It'll be interesting to see what role he'll play. There is deffo a demand to have more of him??

A potential horseman maybe?!

Horseman? We will see more of relations with Magneto.

This makes more sense lol ������

he could be a horseman and magneto then finds out he is his son during the film but its hard to say what they have planned tbh

ran across this cool QS design

03efe765b0ba398494f20454c446c115.jpg

That's from the most recent X-Factor series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"