Status
Not open for further replies.
BxsaQrUIUAA-eAH.jpg:large

BxsaQnjIMAEn6Qx.jpg:large

Bxr_Zj7CMAAcPBr.jpg:large

BxsAYgsIQAADE9W.jpg:large

BxsA9RLIAAAM6yD.jpg:large

I like Caitlin Snow in this world so far

Man, even just standing there in a picture Tom Cavanagh looks drunk...

A very interesting piece over at Variety looks at all of the new and returning comic book TV shows which are heading our way this Fall, and after addressing how Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. didn't really find its feet until a crossover with Captain America: The Winter Soldier, executive producer Maurissa Tancharoen would go on to talk about how being part of a shared universe is both "a blessing and a curse," adding: "The fact that it is one universe means that when something occurs on our show or a character makes a turn, it ripples through the entire universe, which gives it much more weight. It adds the seal of approval of all those other cinematic franchises."

Of course, we all know that shows like Arrow and The Flash aren't set in the same world as Man of Steel and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, while the fact that Constantine and Gotham are airing on different networks is a good sign that they too won't be connected. Why is this the case? "We want to give freedom to creators… so that they can take their passion [and make] the best show, the best film, the best game without having to tie it into other things," Geoff Johns told the site. As for why he beleives their shows find such success, he said it all comes down to sticking to the source material, "Yes, it’s got to be adapted and expanded, whether it goes from TV to comics or comics to film, but the DNA of it is always true."

I actually very much agree with what Johns is saying, I'm all for allowing the creators the freedom they want to tell the stories they want and use the characters they want.

Then again on the flip side, it could become confusing if, say, Gotham wants to use Deathstroke in the show.

I actually very much agree with what Johns is saying, I'm all for allowing the creators the freedom they want to tell the stories they want and use the characters they want.

Then again on the flip side, it could become confusing if, say, Gotham wants to use Deathstroke in the show.

They will have their own version. Similar too the comics three different ted kords running around prime earth, justice league 3000, and pax Americana..

From Amell's twitter...

BxyEC9FCAAAxtzA.jpg:large

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/09/cw-primetime-listings-press-releases.html
SERIES PREMIERE

THE FLASH
“City of Heroes” – (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, LV) (HDTV)

THE FASTEST MAN ALIVE IS BORN — Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) was just 11 years old when his mother was killed in a bizarre and terrifying incident and his father (John Wesley Shipp) was falsely convicted of the murder. With his life changed forever by the tragedy, Barry was taken in and raised by Detective Joe West (Jesse L. Martin), the father of Barry’s best friend, Iris (Candice Patton). Now, Barry has become a brilliant, driven and endearingly geeky CSI investigator, whose determination to uncover the truth about his mother’s strange death leads him to follow up on every unexplained urban legend and scientific advancement that comes along. Barry’s latest obsession is a cutting edge particle accelerator, created by visionary physicist Harrison Wells (Tom Cavanagh) and his S.T.A.R. Labs team members, Caitlin Snow (Danielle Panabaker) and Cisco Ramon (Carlos Valdes), who claim that this invention will bring about unimaginable advancements in power and medicine. However, something goes horribly wrong during the public unveiling, and when the devastating explosion causes a freak storm, many lives are lost and Barry is struck by lightning. After nine months in a coma, Barry awakens to find his life has changed once again – the accident has given him the power of super speed. Thrilled with his new powers, Barry learns how to control them with the help of Dr. Wells and his team. However, keeping his secret from his best friend Iris (Candice Patton) is proving to be harder than he thought, especially when Joe’s new partner, Eddie Thawne (Rick Cosnett), catches her eye. When another meta-human attacks the city, it’s time to put Barry’s new powers, and himself, to the test. David Nutter directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kresiberg and Geoff Johns and teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg and Geoff Johns (100). Original airdate 10/7/2014.

Does Barry's dad have any relationship with Detective West in the pilot? There could be an interesting dynamic there

Does Barry's dad have any relationship with Detective West in the pilot? There could be an interesting dynamic there

Pretty sure if I'm remembering right [BLACKOUT]West was involved in his arrest, but I doubt they know each other at all beyond that[/BLACKOUT]

thanks ^

yeah i hope they expand upon their dynamic a bit.

So here's what the show looks like so far
Reverse Flash
Captain Cold
Grodd
Heat Wave
Captain Boomerang
Weather Wizard's bro, so obviously the real one exists as well, they just didn't want to use him in the first episode
Girder
General Eiling
Simon Stagg (Metamorpho is coming!!)
Girder
Plastique

Firestorm
Vibe
Killer Frost

The trades claimed that Pied Piper would appear in the pilot, but I believe things changed since then. I'm sure he will be introduced at some point though.

Trickster was mentioned in an early version of the script, so he'll probably be introduced later.

all this information and the show hasn't even aired yet, this is shaping up to be the best show ever.

Arrow is great, but it didn't start out nearly as strong as this.

They knew each other to the extent that Barry and Iris were best friends before Nora died.

thanks ^

yeah i hope they expand upon their dynamic a bit.

So here's what the show looks like so far
Reverse Flash
Captain Cold
Grodd
Heat Wave
Captain Boomerang
Weather Wizard's bro, so obviously the real one exists as well, they just didn't want to use him in the first episode
Girder
General Eiling
Simon Stagg (Metamorpho is coming!!)
Girder
Plastique

Firestorm
Vibe
Killer Frost

The trades claimed that Pied Piper would appear in the pilot, but I believe things changed since then. I'm sure he will be introduced at some point though.

Trickster was mentioned in an early version of the script, so he'll probably be introduced later.

all this information and the show hasn't even aired yet, this is shaping up to be the best show ever.

Arrow is great, but it didn't start out nearly as strong as this.

Piper was supposed to be part of Team Flash with Caitlin, Cisco, and Wells but was cut.

Trickster's mention wasn't in the actual script, just for the auditions, there was one with lines about Mirror Master too. They made those up so they wouldn't give away spoilers.

[YT]GbNXQWdD54I[/YT]

The Flash - The Future Begins Trailer

[YT]w7xQ4v3Deb0[/YT]

The Flash - Discover Trailer

(From a article from the place we are not allowed to talk about)
Some time ago we learned that Robbie Amell, cousin of Stephen Amell, would be appearing in the upcoming Flash T.V. series as none other than DC's Firestorm. Many wondered if the character could even be something the CW's budget would be able to accomplish and actually remain faithful to the source material. Well, Robbie, being the nice guy he is, has shared this image of himself wearing tracking marks and a headband for facial capture. Evidently, CGI will be involved!
10646749_331803163654443_7956749300821603975_n.jpg
This at least means there'll be some rendtition of the character's traditional fiery look, but to what extent? Are you excited to see Firestorm appearing on the Flash? Be sure to leave your thoughts in the comments section below.

UPDATE! And here's a first look at where Ronnie Raymond's transformation will take place in the upcoming series!​
10291103_331803660321060_2496100089562533678_n.jpg
So they are trying and going for CGI, interesting...

Was it necessary to airbrush someone who's practically already perfect?
Of course it was:o. Look at this image of Moira:
8.jpg

It's rather creepy, she doesn't have a single wrinkle. She almost looks like 21 yet the she stills looks like Susanna as Moira so your brain gets confused.

Was it necessary to airbrush someone who's practically already perfect?

I get seriously annoyed sometimes at how often airbrushing gets used in these kinds of pics, and more often than not it isn't exactly subtle, especially if you have any experience in photo manipulation.

Nah, I think the only extent of their relationship together is their two kids being friends. If this show does flashbacks and such we probably will get more of them though.

Greg Berlanti talking about the importance of costumes:

For me, I feel like it's weird. You want the characters to be like you read! Even if they aren't there yet, sometimes I think if you're doing an origin story and they're not all the way there -- like our suit here isn't what it's going to be and Arrow isn't Green Arrow yet, we've sort of said that -- but in this day and age, especially when they can go to the movies or download a film where the character is in a suit and you're dealing with the competition not just against your show but actually against all the superheroes that are out there in the universe that people can see, that are live action, you want I think the most true version of that.

That sounds cool. It seems like they're turning our universe into the DC universe. It's interesting.

Piper was supposed to be part of Team Flash with Caitlin, Cisco, and Wells but was cut.

That's a shame. I know the argument gets repeated a lot, but it would have been cool to see a gay superhero/villain/anti-hero as a main character in The Flash. I'm guessing that Berlanti only sidelined the character so that he can do the Pied Piper justice at a later date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"