The Flash The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which would be pretty boring and generic.

Grodd has to talk. The only way I could feasibly see them doing it another way is to have him communicate with people telepathically.

I say telepathy is virtually guaranteed. It saves the budget and makes him all around creepier.

The way I see it if they can't go all the way with presenting the character himself as he usually is but on a TV budget why even bother?

Might as well keep him exclusive to the movie series since they'll have the budget to do the concept justice.

Oh and the Hulk analogy is probably the worst one you could have chosen. In most ways they are polar opposites. Thanks for playing though.

Grodd has to talk. The only way I could feasibly see them doing it another way is to have him communicate with people telepathically.
I thought it was wrong to make Hulk unable to talk in live action, then I appreciated it.
Grodd saying nothing will be a better than Hulk not talking.
And I want telepathic commands delivered, prefer unspoken ones.

The way I see it if they can't go all the way with presenting the character himself as he usually is but on a TV budget why even bother?

I think communicating through others is a lot creepier than actually speaking. It would also be a creative use of their limited budget.

Might as well keep him exclusive to the movie series since they'll have the budget to do the concept justice.

I thought it was wrong to make Hulk unable to talk in live action, then I appreciated it.
Grodd saying nothing will be a better than Hulk not talking.
And I want telepathic commands delivered, prefer unspoken ones.
what.gif

I think communicating through others is a lot creepier than actually speaking. It would also be a creative use of their limited budget.

I think it's perhaps acceptable in the beginning since this version of Grodd is an experiment and it could represent the beginning stages of his evolution. However if they maintain that throughout all his appearances throughout the show's history I would personally find it pretty stupid and even unintentionally condescending towards the source material.

That wouldn't be a surprise though. These shows and movies are made for people who don't care about these characters the way the fans do. Which is why we had a Superman movie made for people who don't like Superman and will have a Fantastic Four movie tailor made for people who don't like the Fantastic Four.

I think it's perhaps acceptable in the beginning since this version of Grodd is an experiment and it could represent the beginning stages of his evolution. However if they maintain that throughout all his appearances throughout the show's history I would personally find it pretty stupid and even unintentionally condescending towards the source material.

I believe the creative team should do what's best for the show. If they want to make him talk and they can make it look good, I'll eat it right up.

That wouldn't be a surprise though. These shows and movies are made for people who don't care about these characters the way the fans do. Which is why we had a Superman movie made for people who don't like Superman and will have a Fantastic Four movie tailor made for people who don't like the Fantastic Four.

For better or worse, The Flash is very much a celebration of comic book "silliness". I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Grodd not speaking at all (be it telepathically through others or merely verbally) would be a HUGE mistake imo. It's like when people argue that The Lizard shouldn't have talked in TASM. These characters are supposed to be REALLY smart. Having them not speak at all takes some of that away and makes them seem more like rampaging beasts than masterminds.

Talking super-smart Gorilla is what makes it creepy.

Grodd should talk, they just need to make sure they get the right voice for the character and write the lines well, if they do those two things right then he'll come off as menacing rather than silly.

I'm glad that they don't seem as ashamed of Grodd as some of the so called fans (many who don't even read comic books) on the internet seem to be.

:up:
Same goes for the other big Flash villains.

Yeah, I'd like to see him talking. The ****ed up thing is: it's pretty hard to animate a talking gorilla while also making it look good.

Grodd should have a deep threatning voice like Michael Dorn, Hulk Hogan or even James Earl Jones if he can do it a little different than Vader and no Hulk speak.

Just get Powers Boothe back to voice him.

Probably the closest that we'll get to see Grant's Barry having Blondish hair like he does in the comics.lol

FLA113B_0020b.jpg

Lolzzzz. But does it matter if his hair color is different?

For me personally, no. And I think it's the same for others. However, I do remember hearing a few people complaining that Grant didn't get his hair dyed back when the pictures of him as Barry (in Arrow's Season 2) first appeared.

Yeah that type of stuff has no bearing on my actual enjoyment. What I care most about is characterization. Not necessarily following the details to a tee but just maintaining the spirit of these characters through and through. Enough so that I could still recognize them even though they're in the middle of an all new and unfamiliar narrative. I see enough of what makes Barry Allen a charming and endearing character in the comics to me on the show that I wouldn't even care if they had him sporting green hair.

Yeah that type of stuff has no bearing on my actual enjoyment. What I care most about is characterization. Not necessarily following the details to a tee but just maintaining the spirit of these characters through and through. Enough so that I could still recognize them even though they're in the middle of an all new and unfamiliar narrative. I see enough of what makes Barry Allen a charming and endearing character in the comics to me on the show that I wouldn't even care if they had him sporting green hair.

Agreed. Heck, we had Superman appear in the "Justice League: War" film, but I didn't even recognize the character due to how badly they portrayed his characterization in the film.

As long as the spirit and the very core of the character remains in tact, I'm always open to (certain.lol) changes in their initial appearances.

For me personally, no. And I think it's the same for others. However, I do remember hearing a few people complaining that Grant didn't get his hair dyed back when the pictures of him as Barry (in Arrow's Season 2) first appeared.

I bet a million bucks one of those people complaining about it was Kevin Smith.

I bet a million bucks one of those people complaining about it was Kevin Smith.

I may not have a degree in Psychology, but it doesn't take a genius to theorize that someone with Kevin Smith's personality would have fitted just nicely with Nazi Germany back in the day.lol

I may not have a degree in Psychology, but it doesn't take a genius to theorize that someone with Kevin Smith's personality would have fitted just nicely with Nazi Germany back in the day.lol

Truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back