The Flash The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let's say that Grodd is this series main villain for Season 2....after him, is there anyone else that the producers can use from Flash's gallery without retreading back to either Grodd or the Reverse Flash character for future seasons beyond Season 2?

So let's say that Grodd is this series main villain for Season 2....after him, is there anyone else that the producers can use from Flash's gallery without retreading back to either Grodd or the Reverse Flash character for future seasons beyond Season 2?

They can always step outside the Flash realm after that. I don't think it would be hard, I'm sure there are plenty of worthy candidates. T.O. Morrow, maybe.

If they took some influence from Wally's run Kadabra or Savitar could probably be a season's big bad, Kadabra seriously messed with Wally's life, plenty of Flash villains they can use for the various season's big bads. They could also use someone like Vandal Savage rather easily, and I feel like some form of Anti-Monitor is inevitable.

Last edited:
I'm just waiting for the inevitable Flash Of Two Worlds episode/arc to introduce the Earth Two concept.

It seems like Spider-Man and Batman are really the only two heroes that could produce big villains for several seasons worth without once needing to go outside of their respective character's gallery from the comics.lol

X-Men too.

The thing about Flash is that he's got a lot of villains, but because of the Rogues concept, none of them individually are really enough of a threat to warrant a season-long story.

abra kadabra pretty big flash villain

Mirror Master?

abra kadabra pretty big flash villain

Do you think he'd be big enough to hold an entire season as the main villain?

Mirror Master?

I don't think he'd be good enough to be portrayed as the big bad for an entire season. As far as I know of the character, he's just another member of "The Rogues".

They can always step outside the Flash realm after that. I don't think it would be hard, I'm sure there are plenty of worthy candidates. T.O. Morrow, maybe.

Exactly. Vandal Savage, Amazo, Maxwell Lord. Even more likely: Anti-Monitor and Doctor Light.

So why is the Flash's streak yellow and Reverse Flash's streak is red? They've brought this up on the show a couple of times. What is the significance?

Did someone here suggest that Harrison Wells is really Grodd? I seem to recall that.

I don't think he'd be good enough to be portrayed as the big bad for an entire season. As far as I know of the character, he's just another member of "The Rogues".

Yes he is and you're wrong he's more than just a "member" of The Rogues. He is arguably second in command (Sam Scudder anyway).

The Rogues, Cobalt Blue. Anyone they want to build up.

Merlyn was never a big deal either.

Last edited:
Do you think he'd be big enough to hold an entire season as the main villain?

I would disagree.
Mirror Master is arguably one of his most powerul enemies, with his powers pretty much warping realities at times.
In the two dimensonal world of comic books he's another villain of the week, but in a more real world setting, his powers are much more impressive.
He takes on Flash one on one plenty as well.

I really, really hope Grodd isn't the "big bad" of season 2. I understand people's love for the character, his legacy in Flash lore, etc. But in terms of this show, I think he would work best in small doses or just a multi-episode arc that leaves things open for a return in the future.

I don't think a season-long focus on Grodd would benefit the show. Not only would it really be an "out there" subject to focus on that much, but I think him as a Big Bad would ultimately be a lot less interesting than what they've been able to do with Reverse Flash.

Max Lord and that kind of villain could be really good. Vandal Savage could fill the same role. For a Flashy version you could use Savitar to a very similar 'organizational mastermind with a dominating power' effect. Even Shaggy Man, played by Clancy Brown could do this. You could actually do all of these guys with slightly different themes, in different seasons.

There's also Earth 2 as a theme, therein the villain could be Ultraman or Owlman or both or even Citizen Cold.

Beyond that, as mentioned you could build up anyone, from Abra Kadabra to Turtle Man into a credible threat with adequate emotional connection.

I really, really hope Grodd isn't the "big bad" of season 2. I understand people's love for the character, his legacy in Flash lore, etc. But in terms of this show, I think he would work best in small doses or just a multi-episode arc that leaves things open for a return in the future.

I don't think a season-long focus on Grodd would benefit the show. Not only would it really be an "out there" subject to focus on that much, but I think him as a Big Bad would ultimately be a lot less interesting than what they've been able to do with Reverse Flash.

I think you have a strong point. It's not so much that Grodd is 'out there' in terms of being a gorilla, but he's disconnected from the world. There's nothing for him to do *Except* fight Flash, so he wouldn't make for a very deep villain.

Atom suit.

B88l07CIEAEYUQi.jpg
02_03.jpg

I think you have a strong point. It's not so much that Grodd is 'out there' in terms of being a gorilla, but he's disconnected from the world. There's nothing for him to do *Except* fight Flash, so he wouldn't make for a very deep villain.

Yeah, but it's not even really a matter of what the depth of the character would be, for me.

I love that this show is unabashedly comic book-y, but devoting an entire season to the threat of a psionic, telekinetic, scientifically genius-level gorilla would seem to be taking things a little too far in that regard, especially if it were in the show's second season. It's not that I'm worried they couldn't pull it off. Rather, I think it would turn off some viewers from the show and I imagine some non-comic fans would claim that the show "jumped the shark" too soon. Also, it's just not something I'm dying to see at this point, and I'm frankly surprised they made a point of introducing the idea of Grodd so early in the show's tenure.

That suit is impressive for TV :up:

That glass face thing is ugly. Also not a fan of how they're turning him into an Iron Man knockoff. He'd better shrink, dammit! :argh:

Maybe he'll put a little more hotrod red in it.

Yeh, I'm wondering how they're gonna fit in his shrinking powers when he's all about the battle suit stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"