The Flash The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
idk if this real

At one point, Barry sees a smashed cage in S.T.A.R. Labs, from where an animal escaped during the explosion. The nameplate reads "Grodd".

If true hopefully it isn't just a fan service easter egg.

So
Grodd is most likely going to be like something out of Rise of the Planet of the Apes, instead of the Gorilla City storyline?
I'm totally fine with that actually, and it makes sense within the context of this story.

Fans have already started shipping Barry/Caitlin. i was hoping the show could avoid this..

giphy.gif

here snowbarry

Last edited:
were they claiming that this was in the pilot? we'll see soon enough if it's true

As far as teenage girls are concerned chemistry is all about good looks so it isn't surprising. Hopefully she'll go all Killer Frost and rip someone's heart out...then eat it, that should put an end to Snowbarry. Or is that something that's supposed to be sexy now.

As far as teenage girls are concerned chemistry is all about good looks so it isn't surprising. Hopefully she'll go all Killer Frost and rip someone's heart out...then eat it, that should put an end to Snowbarry. Or is that something that's supposed to be sexy now.

I don’t think she going to become killer frost maybe is just a red herring.

You know, I just realized something today while thinking about this show that should be obvious but I don't think a lot of fans realize/appreciate. This show will be the first live-action superhero/comic book adaptation on TV to have one of the best rogues galleries in comics on it. I don't think there's any dispute that the top 3 rogues galleries are 1a. Batman, 1b. Spider-Man, and then the Flash's. That really creates a lot of potential for this show to be great in itself. Live action has never seen a rogues galleries like the Flash's, and because it's on TV they'll be able to touch on a lot of them in a relatively short span of time while it takes movies years to get to certain villains, let alone do them right.

How would you guys like to see Flash's rogues handled? Do you mind all of them being metahumans or do you want to see more suit based villains like they are in the comics? And how do you think they should handle them? Unlike Green Arrow, Flash's villains are so good, I'd rather not see a lot of them used as villains of the week. Even with Weather Wizard, I hope he has an extended storyline after the pilot episode that involves the actual Weather Wizard and not his brother.

oh boy... I hate this shipping thing

CW is synonymous and open with its shipping and soapy tendencies)However I ve reigned myself to accepting that this is the age we live in, where media buzz controls the plot and direction of some or most of the shows on TV.

You can't blame The CW for shipping. There's shipping everywhere.

You can't blame The CW for shipping. There's shipping everywhere.

While there might be shipping, I don't think the producers would feel as inclined to play up to the shipper fan-bases.

They are really playing up that The Flash promo with Arrow in it on The CW

You know, I just realized something today while thinking about this show that should be obvious but I don't think a lot of fans realize/appreciate. This show will be the first live-action superhero/comic book adaptation on TV to have one of the best rogues galleries in comics on it. I don't think there's any dispute that the top 3 rogues galleries are 1a. Batman, 1b. Spider-Man, and then the Flash's. That really creates a lot of potential for this show to be great in itself. Live action has never seen a rogues galleries like the Flash's, and because it's on TV they'll be able to touch on a lot of them in a relatively short span of time while it takes movies years to get to certain villains, let alone do them right.

How would you guys like to see Flash's rogues handled? Do you mind all of them being metahumans or do you want to see more suit based villains like they are in the comics? And how do you think they should handle them? Unlike Green Arrow, Flash's villains are so good, I'd rather not see a lot of them used as villains of the week. Even with Weather Wizard, I hope he has an extended storyline after the pilot episode that involves the actual Weather Wizard and not his brother.

Uhhhhh no.

The Flash (1990) would be what you speak of.

Anyone actor hoping to top Hamills Trickster has a job on their hands.

Anyone actor hoping to top Hamills Trickster has a job on their hands.

I think the camp factor died after Nolan's Batman Trilogy. No one will do that over the top performance anymore. The Vertigo character in Arrow almost went that way and he was probably the worst villain on that show!

Hamill's Trickster was good for that era. I think we can get past that now.

Hamill's Trickster was like a prototype for his Joker.

I hope they get someone awesome for Captain Cold.

Don't mind if cold has powers, I just hope he has a gun. And so it looks like they'll be going the "bang baby" route for many of the villains in this show....nice.

he probably wouldn't have the gun if he had powers though, right?

I like the gun, but I think he's going to get his powers from the particle accelerator, like Barry. Mirror Master and Grodd will likely get their powers in the same way too.

Wally West/Kid Flash HAS to be introduced at some point IMO.

The creators have already introduced Roy Harper, and he's slowly becoming Arsenal, so it's clear that they don't have anything against sidekicks.

They can hold off on the Kid Flash stuff until season 2 or 3, but Wally should be introduced in season 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"