The Flash-Season 1-Episode 20-"The Trap"

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by KillerMcQueen, Apr 21, 2015.

?

Rate "The Trap

1. 1

2. 2

3. 3

4. 4

5. 5

6. 6

7. 7

8. 8

9. 9

10. 10

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. rc1980 Registered

Thats Wally and Linda.

Barry and Iris have a more tragic history...

2. rc1980 Registered

Hopefully they keep him in the show.
    I have the horrible feeling that the whole genetic/ fringe/ morph plot thing he did to turn into wells was totally just a plot device to keep the RF around so he could change into to Eddie at the end of the season.

Hopefully not and we still get Tom. or the alternate Timeline Tom/ Wells that built Star Labs.

3. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Barry didn't save Shado. :o

4. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

My question is this; if RF is stuck in this time, how did he get Gideon? We all saw when RF get's stranded here the night he kills Barry's mom; if Barry is the one who invents Gideon in the future, how did Wells stuck in out time get him/her now?

5. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

Reverse Flash had Gideon with him when he got stuck in the past.

6. Tempest ....What?

He had Gideon already. He probably stole the tech at some point. But the night Barry's mother is murdered, Thawne talks to Gideon about why he suddenly has lost his speed.

7. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

In the original time line, who built the particle accelerator? Was it Harrison Wells? Did Barry become the Flash because of the accelerator and did the real Wells actually help him through his hero's journey? Or have the two never actually worked together in the original timeline?

8. LordofhouseEl Registered

The episode answered the question, Wells has been watching the entire time he knew the plan hence probably tampered with the device.

9. Tempest ....What?

"Not one hint, not a sign, no trace of the man you will be one day...for whom I have nothing but hate. But to be clear, nothing is forgiven. There will be a reckoning. And I promise you, Barry Allen. You will die."

Definitely sounds personal. I perused Wikipedia for some info, and, as usual, things are complicated and confusing. But I did see that Thawne travels back in time to meet his idol, Barry Allen, and gets a little mucked up in the head from running through time. He finds out that he is to become (or has become) the Flash's greatest nemesis, and that he will be killed by the Flash. This shatters what little sanity he has left, and he becomes evil and does Evil Things, etc. And also, he's apparently the second Reverse Flash.

I don't like that particular story, so I hope the writers aren't going to use that. Maybe what they'll do is have Thawne's father be the one who travels back in time (with his son), and Daddy Thawne goes nuts, and Barry is forced to kill him, and Thawne decides to kill Barry in turn.

10. the gael Registered

RF had Gideon with it when he was stucked in the past after his failed murder attempt against the child Barry Allen. Eobard Thawne could have steal it in the Flash Museum, either in 2024 or, probably, in his 25th century.

11. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

Damn, I completely forgot that, thx!

12. Mariah Marvel Junkie

How did Barry create Gideon? Did it have to do with his ability attain knowledge at a rapid speed, like a human computer? I heard this theory.

13. haephestus Registered

The real Harrison Wells built the particle accelerator, but at a later date.

Presumably, things developed somewhat similarly. Barry was impacted by the particle accelerator explosion and became The Flash with Harrison Wells as his mentor. But, the only thing that has been confirmed is that Wells did build the particle accelerator in the original timeline. The rest is just a guess.

14. haephestus Registered

We don't know yet. It's a pretty significant development.

It could all be part of the same causal time loop. Thawne brings Gideon from 2200 (or whenever Thawne is from) to the "present". Barry discovers Gideon and then reverse engineers Gideon for general application (or maybe just for use by the Justice League/Society) with the help of Cisco and Caitlin. So, if Thawne had never brought Gideon back with him, then Barry never would have discovered Gideon and reverse engineered Gideon.

It does seem to be a pretty big leap of logic for Barry to have developed Gideon in the original timeline with absolutely no inspiration or direction. No-one on the show has ever mentioned artificial intelligence and although Barry has an interest in science, I don't think he's ever shown a particular interest in AI before.

Then again, Gideon could be based on some villain or alien technology that Barry encounters in the future, something built by ATOM which Barry then further develops, something built by Mercury Labs, the military or another third party which Barry considers to be too dangerous for general use and "steals" and then further develops. I don't think we have enough information to draw any further conclusions about Gideon's statement that Barry was her "creator" at this time.

15. SuperSanchez I'm Not Mexican

After watching Arrow and Daredevil I'm just not enjoying The Flash as much anymore, like the acting isn't as good and sometimes it can get really unnecessarily cheesy, but I do have to say this episode had some good ideas and story points, its just the way they were conveyed kind of didnt get me as excited as I would've been if the acting was better and small things like that :)

16. Human Torch Registered

She's a popular girl,that Shado.:woot: The face that launched a thousand villain careers. :oldrazz:

17. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Leaving them all a shadow of their former selves. :o

18. Lilbaz Registered

Gideon never said that Barry created her without any help.

19. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

Actually, the reason Bates got through was because he wasn't a speedster, the field was designed to only prevent speedsters from getting through, hence why Bates and the bullet got through but Barry didn't.

20. Sterling Archer Registered

I hate how it took an electric shock for Iris to figure out because the way it's written at the moment she looks really dumb for not figuring it out, they have made it so obvious.

21. Mike Murdock Registered

Yeah, that's what I was going to say, but I lost track of it in the volume of posts. They could have made it clearer by having Cisco step through it with the field on as opposed to turning it on after he walked through.

22. Batmannerism Super-unknown

LOL ! I thought we were always behind, down here. I saw that promo and didn't think anything of it.

23. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Wait wait wait. . . so not only do you think that Arrow and Daredevil have comparable writing, but you think they are both notably better than Flash?

May I ask what color the sun is on your world? Does the World Trade Center still stand?

24. Cybermaxis Registered

I hope Gideon gets a body, sort of like EDI in Mass Effect 3. Mmmm Morena Baccarin fembot. :ilv:

25. Reversezoom Registered

To him; we have been dead for centuries :D

episode 20 was sick, totally looking forward for the season finale and to see whats all about Eobard hating Barry