The Flash The Flash Season 3 Episode 8 - "Invasion"

I'm surprised at how many important plot points from other shows seem to be addressed here.

With aliens invading, this isn't the best time to have Caitlin sit on the side lines.

She was in some of the promo images and clips, right? If she doesn't appear either on here or on the Arrow part of the crossover, I imagine there'll be some explanation on Legends of Tomorrow.

Possibly the downside of these shows each being an hour long. Were they longer, there could be time for breathing room as opposed to having moments like Kara doing a role call on everyone.
It would be better if we got this as a 2hr TV movie, rather three individual episodes that still have to cater to people uninterested in the other shows.

Putting Wallers achievements on a guy...no me gusta

It would be better if we got this as a 2hr TV movie, rather three individual episodes that still have to cater to people uninterested in the other shows.

You know, I would not be surprised if CW, Warner Bros, or whoever is responsible for these shows decided to release a movie-long version of this crossover that's essentially the episodes, cutting out the unnecessary moments, and putting it out as a DVD special of sorts.

It helps that it's of larger scale than the typical Flash vs. Arrow crossovers or the one that set up Legends of Tomorrow.

Is this just easy drama? While I like that the Legends acknowledge that they could easily change the timeline if they want to, but choose not to, Cisco could have just waited until this invasion was over. More so because we just had the previous scene of Stein, Jefferson, Oliver, and Barry deciding to do just that- deal with the bigger threat.

But I like how plotlines and character motivations and beats from other shows, save for Supergirl right now since she's just here, are being brought up here.

And this is why secrets are kept, because people then get really emotional and then really stupid. As Oliver just said, this is crazy.

And this is why secrets are kept, because people then get really emotional and then really stupid. As Oliver just said, this is crazy.
Well, given what we saw in the beginning of the ep, it's probably the only reason they aren't ALL turned evil. So maybe splitting up was an accidental smart move, lol.

Well, given what we saw in the beginning of the ep, it's the only reason they aren't ALL turned evil. So maybe splitting up was an accidental smart move, lol.

We'll see I guess. They could have turned evil because Barry and Oliver aren't there.

I was thinking the same thing. I'd be cool if next year's crossover is just a two hour movie on one of the nights instead of all 4 or 3

Oliver talking about giving anything to see his parents again...a set-up for the Arrow episode?

Oliver talking about giving anything to see his parents again...a set-up for the Arrow episode?

Speaking the truth too. They all would have done it, including Sara whose speech ran hollow for me because she has actually attempted and failed with Darhk, and Cisco whose original anger was Barry not going through time to save Dante.

I really wish they would give them some bruises and bloody noses or something. Everyones to clean.

Why can't the Flash just take them all to the middle of the Sahara to buy time until they figure out how to get rid of the mind control?

Well that is one way to set up Arrow lol. Have the aliens randomly decide to take everyone who is from Arrow.

Overall it was a very good episode, had its flaws but a good start to the crossover.

Well that is one way to set up Arrow lol. Have the aliens randomly decide to take everyone who is from Arrow.

Overall it was a very good episode, had its flaws but a good start to the crossover.

They also took the Legends people. Only Flash and Supergirl remained.

Well, that was a great episode and though part of the crossover, it was definitely Flash-centered while still addressing the ongoing plots and events of Arrow and Legends.

And even though heroes fighting heroes is something we've seen done before, I do like that, this being Flash's hour, Barry was the one who ultimately stopped the mind control. Plus, seeing whose fastest between you and a Kryptonian? Come on, Barry, don't be so modest.

Though I've gotta wonder what the point is of everyone training against Supergirl when she's invulnerable and, as far as I can tell, Earth-1 doesn't have any kryptonite.

Hopefully the next two eps will not be so rushed, but going by trailers, they will be. There seems to be a lot going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"