The Good Citizens of Metropolis: The Casting Thread

I never thought I'd see Jimmy Tatro (who'd be great) as a casting choice on the Hype :funny:
He’s great in Theater Camp and ABC should burn in hell for waiting the entire strike just to cancel Home Economics once deals were in place.

Feel like they’re probably aiming older and IMO I think he’s got a more substantial role in him (I could see him for Booster Gold), but I could go for Jimmy Tatro as Steve Lombard.

d06ea8af039b86e0e35d198b47da7ff816537afc.gifv

If he was going to play anyone it should have been Guy Gardner.

Will Arnett for Steve Lombard. Not too big of a name, plays that arrogant comedic type perfectly. He's a natural scene stealer too.
Good choice, I was thinking the other Will, Will Forte or maybe Steve Zahn.

I'd let him grow a gross little mustache and dirty beard too. I feel like he should have mouth of bug league chew at all times.

Going with Routh feels gimmicky, but I do like the idea of a Jor-El that is (comparatively) young. And it’s not quite as on-the-nose as… some of the choices for Jor-El I’ve seen in this thread. :o

Gunn hasn't Cast any A list actors for the supporting roles ( yet ), so we shall see.
I would still love to see Jude law as jor-el and Kurt Russell as Jonathan, but I'm doubting it.

Going with Routh feels gimmicky, but I do like the idea of a Jor-El that is (comparatively) young. And it’s not quite as on-the-nose as… some of the choices for Jor-El I’ve seen in this thread. :o

Matt Bomer remains ever my pick.
Oh **** Routh give me the pretty, pretty boy!

cbfb62631bf8a2aa40f711a5bfee11d4.gif

But by making Superman's adoptive parents so young by casting Bibb and Duhamel as Martha and Clark...they should have at least went a bit older

Nah, every character nowadays has to have sex appeal to some degree. Even little old Aunt May. :yuk:

Then I wonder if they have casted Jor El and Lara Lor-Van

Since Gunn kind of implied Jor-El would likely be younger (he never said he was actually in the movie) I'd cast someone like Jonathan Groff. He has the look, and I fully believe he could play a very poised and intelligent young father to an infant. And for Lara I'm leaning towards Gemma Arterton.

In contrast my Kents would be Brendan Fraser, and Connie Britton. Older but not elderly. Both definitely can play kind, loving, hardworking folks from the mid-west.

Jor El I would go Anthony Starr

Lara Lor-Van I definitely would also go Gemma Artherton

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"