• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Good Citizens of Metropolis: The Casting Thread

Man its almost impossible to find someone that I think would make for a good Supes. I have my select few but when I scour the web trying to find images of young actors I cant see anyone that does it for me.

Who have you been looking at that you don't like? That could be interesting

I'm just searching Male actors in their 30s and no one stands out. Unfortunately I cant give any names as no one was memorable. I would look at their IMDB pages and check their photos and nothing said to me "oh yeah that could be an interesting Supes".

Sorry for not much of an answer to your question.

I understand, there are actors I like, and those that I look up as well that others like that I just can't see in the Superman suit. Miles Teller comes to mind, good actor, can't see him as Superman. There are others, my big hang up is height, 6'1 at the least, my hang up.

Also you can look for actors from 24-29, this project seems years away, they might age into the role by then, but also C Reeve and D Cain were both in mid 20's when they were cast. G Reeves was in his mid thirties I believe, Cavill was 29/30 when he was cast. Routh was fairly young as well.

Last edited:
It's hard to hazard a guess on who when we don't know yet if cavill is out for sure ( he most likely is )

Is it going to be a reboot but with an established Superman? or..
Is it going to a reboot with a brand new Superman....? A year one type of film.

That is half the fun in looking for a new Superman actor, you can use the entire range of actors, according to your desire for a new movie. We don't get to make the decision, the fun is in the looking for someone who interests you.

That is half the fun in looking for a new Superman actor, you can use the entire range of actors, according to your desire for a new movie. We don't get to make the decision, the fun is in the looking for someone who interests you.

Yeh exactly. Its just fun to play "casting agent and director". The supes I'm looking for is for my own Superman film that I have plotted out. I know it wont get made but it's fun to imagine.

In my dream world, the Daniels are directing (Everything Everywhere All At Once), making something just as fresh, creative, and emotionally powerful.

Clark - Nicholas Braun (Succesion)
Nicholas-Braun-at-Spider-Man-No-Way-Home-Premiere-in-Los-Angeles.jpg

Lois - Stephanie Hsu (Everything Everywhere All at Once)
Stephanie-Hsu-Headshot-e1629417225251.jpg

Jimmy - Joseph Quinn (Stranger Things)
AAAAQReIgE9fGurhVhS_m0HhlC_BrrRFJvSgm_g3Yimk9pd3DKF4VyzJI0Sro1RJmWWgT-aUpEL4NR_Q-gzgWEa6XpJjgorOUvoDgGGqeiVMGBqTmD0SuTP2F3tsxz8tF4eukVTge5sz_HIdDT41d5jYWzYAK_E-1140x600.jpg

Cat - Ariana Grande
actress-blonde-ariana-grande-ariana-grande-hd-wallpaper-preview.jpg

Perry - Jack Black
jack-black.jpg

Lex - Donald Glover

Brainiac - Cillian Murphy
1e4c1b169a095b47d8cd4452a9a04129.jpg

Just like Everything Everywhere All at Once, this Superman story could be about championing the beta male (with a painfully uncool Clark) in a world that seems to be becoming increasingly obsessed with image, success, clout, etc, and youth becoming more and more negatively affected by modern technology. Perhaps we need Supes to remind the youth of today that being cool, relevant, or successful (Lex), or perhaps even physically altered to perfection (Brainiac) doesn't matter in the slightest compared to just being kind and selfless.

Last edited:
Oh! I got one.

Kyle MacLachlan for Perry White

I feel like Downey jr could do something interesting as Lex Luthor and no its not just because he shaved his head recently. I would also say Giancarlo but he is alittle old for the role

I feel like Downey jr could do something interesting as Lex Luthor and no its not just because he shaved his head recently. I would also say Giancarlo but he is alittle old for the role
He was gonna be Lex Luthor in Flyby as I recall. I do worry now that the performance would basically be "Tony Stark Gone Wrong," but it could be interesting. He's getting a little old for it himself, though. Especially if we're getting a younger Clark now.

He was gonna be Lex Luthor in Flyby as I recall. I do worry now that the performance would basically be "Tony Stark Gone Wrong," but it could be interesting. He's getting a little old for it himself, though. Especially if we're getting a younger Clark now.

yeah I guess I just miss Downey in a superhero movie. I wouldn't mind a young Lex but not Jesse Esinberg territory good-lord

If he packed on the muscle, Nicholas Braun is actually a very interesting suggestion. With that said, by the time this movie's ready to start production he'll be 36-years-old at least. Going by Gunn's comments, I'm expecting someone in their late 20's.

Austin Butler for clark/superman ( I guess, unless a better option comes along)
Chris pratt jor-el
Natalie Portman as Lara
Denzel Washington as perry
Timothee Chalamet as jimmy
Kurt Russell as Jonathan
Annette Bening as Martha
Eldris Elba or Jason Isaacs as lex.
Hugo weaving as Brainiac ( voice )

Last edited:
Rooker as Lobo would actually be cool to see but I doubt it will be anyone other than Momoa

I really wouldn’t want Austin Butler. I’d like someone taller for starters.

Jonathan Kent: Gregg Henry (who played Peter Quill's grandpa in the opening of Guardians Of The Galaxy).

View attachment 60624
You know, I could see that. I like that he’s a little older and less trim than the likes of Kevin Costner and John Schneider. A little more of a classic Jonathan Kent.

If this is really rebooted in the same model as The Batman, I could see Gunn and co. skipping over the Els and Krypton in the same way as Reeves limited the Waynes’ presence and skipped the murder entirely.

I’m thinking actors in their 50s or maybe even late 40s for the Kents. We must follow reboot rules where older characters become younger and sexier with each new version.

I’m thinking actors in their 50s or maybe even late 40s for the Kents. We must follow reboot rules where older characters become younger and sexier with each new version.
Grandparent-aged Kents. No exceptions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"